Diego Ribas da Cunha (14 Viewers)

May 22, 2007
This BETTER mean that Cassano and Pazzini are coming, because if not, I can't keep going to bat for Marotta after this.
Cassano would still make me pissed off, when I think about it. I'm Antonio's biggest fan and believe he is hugely talented for what it's worth, I really rate him. Why not get him at the start of the window and make it clear from then that you want to sell Diego? Why design a system (4-4-1-1) around a player who was never guaranteed to stay at the club anyway? Why not just start Del Piero who we all knew would be at the club this season? Why let the team gel with Diego in the starting eleven for two months, and let him start in ALL of our competitive fixtures?

Cassano may have sorted out a lot of his problems but he will still have to adapt to a new team, away from this "big fish small pond" situation he has at Samp.

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
It'd be acceptable then but do we have money to bring them both while we are selling Diego only for 15m?

Of course. Consider it as Agnelli's "Gift" so to speak. The same gift that he was going to use to bring Dzeko over before the morons at the head of the FIGC decided to change the Non-EU rule

Gabriel

Killed By Death
May 23, 2010
Pazzini is the best Italian striker and will be for the forseeable future end of story...

Di Natale ... would rather have Cassano

And yes i would rather have italian players due to the fact Juve are an Italian team, and they tend to adapt better than errrr...Brasilians!! Unless you are Milan of course.
Yeah, sell Melo too because he's brazilian, Sissoko because he's from Mali (no, i mean it, sell him), Krasic because he's a serb too. :tup:

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
Even though this rumour has been going all summer and was possible, maybe even probable, it's annoying fans because it is so close to the deadline and it looked like he was staying. At the end of the day the litmus test is how well we do next year. I agree it looks shit for us as a club to be selling players like Diego to teams like Wolfsburg :)sergio:), and I am pissed off about it, especially if the fee is any less than €18m, but if we have a good season and his replacement scores 20 goals then things will change. Right now it looks fucking desperate.

Dostoevsky

Tzu
Administrator
May 27, 2007
I just don't get it...we're selling our best player we have at the moment. Why? He can play as a MC, AMC and even as a SS as we've seen. So why the hell do they need to change anything?

It's not like he choked so we're planning to buy somebody else. No, we have a great player and we'll take a chance and gamble on some other player..

X Æ A-12

Contributor
Sep 4, 2006
I'm sure that Diego will accept the move. He is probably fed up with being treated as a pawn at a club where he is best frickin player! He will leave and understandably hate this club now.

BillyG

Caribbean Ultra
Nov 25, 2006
Cassano would still make me pissed off, when I think about it. I'm Antonio's biggest fan and believe he is hugely talented for what it's worth, I really rate him. Why not get him at the start of the window and make it clear from then that you want to sell Diego? Why design a system (4-4-1-1) around a player who was never guaranteed to stay at the club anyway? Why not just start Del Piero who we all knew would be at the club this season? Why let the team gel with Diego in the starting eleven for two months, and let him start in ALL of our competitive fixtures?

Cassano may have sorted out a lot of his problems but he will still have to adapt to a new team, away from this "big fish small pond" situation he has at Samp.
Like i was tell Great White Hype last night. Maybe they were using pre-season to put him in the shop window to get his value up before offloading him.

EDIT: the system was not built around him.....we have a one dimensional coach!

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
I'm sure that Diego will accept the move. He is probably fed up with being treated as a pawn at a club where he is best frickin player! He will leave and understandably hate this club now.
You originally said "movie" not "move"...you can't fool me.

:oops:

Salvo

J
Dec 17, 2007
its as if they just woke up today and changed their mind, after all they have said now they change their minds.

selling gio for example makes even less sense now..

king Ale

Oct 28, 2004
Of course. Consider it as Agnelli's "Gift" so to speak. The same gift that he was going to use to bring Dzeko over before the morons at the head of the FIGC decided to change the Non-EU rule
I hope so. However, as Salvatore said, why did we make it happen too late? Why did start the pre season with Diego having the main role when we actually didn't even intend to keep him?

awit

Jan 10, 2010
Since this is announced the day after Sampdoria goes out of the CL, I think it's obvious we are going to buy someone from there. Probably Pazzini but are we really going to rely on DP/Iaq for the SS position or are we buying Cassano too?

king Ale

Oct 28, 2004
I just don't get it...we're selling our best player we have at the moment. Why? He can play as a MC, AMC and even as a SS as we've seen. So why the hell do they need to change anything?

It's not like he choked so we're planning to buy somebody else. No, we have a great player and we'll take a chance and gamble on some other player..
Not just some other player. That's the young kid, Antonio Di Natale :touched:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 14)