Diego DONE DEAL(read posts #1 & #4786) (74 Viewers)

Who deserves credit for this signing?

• Secco

• Blanc

• Badass Devil

• Moggi

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Kayo

Mar 18, 2007
What, we can't bring them on later?

How about we sell them all so we don't waste them?
I also dont see single striker tactic working too well in CL towards all those defensivly great teams from EPL. Do you honestly believe that Amauri with the help of Gio, Deigo and Camo will be able to break Chelsea's defence?

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
I also dont see single striker tactic working too well in CL towards all those defensivly great teams from EPL. Do you honestly believe that Amauri with the help of Gio, Deigo and Camo will be able to break Chelsea's defence?
If this Deigo guy is as good as he appears to be, then yes, I do.

Suns

Release clause?
May 22, 2009
Well, let's see. Milan always played with one single striker and won the champions league. Barca plays with one striker in Etoo and they are in the final.

Kayo

Mar 18, 2007
Well, let's see. Milan always played with one single striker and won the champions league. Barca plays with one striker in Etoo and they are in the final.
Do you compare Barca's great midfield with Juve's? :lol: Our playing style is also very different and cant really be compared. Milan performed well that year and I must say that they had the luck on their side. We saw how good they did after that win both in the upcoming CL and the league.

Kayo

Mar 18, 2007
So what is your plan for the team? No Diego?
Did you read my previous posts? I said that the 4-3-1-2 tactic would fit us well with Diego as AMC, but I couldn't see Giovinco being a starter in it or any other possible tactics. The only way I can see Giovinco start is if Trez is gone and DP underperforms/is injured.

Suns

Release clause?
May 22, 2009
Do you compare Barca's great midfield with Juve's? :lol: Our playing style is also very different and cant really be compared. Milan performed well that year and I must say that they had the luck on their side. We saw how good they did after that win both in the upcoming CL and the league.
Sissoko, Marchisio, Camo, Diego and Giovinco could also be great in a different way if you give them the chance. It's not the same but we are not going to play exactly like them.

And when did italian teams become the ones who play with big strikers on top? Isn't that the old PL thinking?

Kayo

Mar 18, 2007
Sissoko, Marchisio, Camo, Diego and Giovinco could also be great in a different way if you give them the chance. It's not the same but we are not going to play exactly like them.

And when did italian teams become the ones who play with big strikers on top? Isn't that the old PL thinking?
Yeah they maybe could, thats the keyword. Unfortunately they havent shown that greatness on the average Juve match and still cant be compared to the tactics of Barcelona. If we are going to play with 3 AMC, they really need to be able to step up for it. The only player I could see doing this job well (if he can adapt fast enough) is Diego. I would rather have an experienced and proven striker such as DP/Trez up with Amauri than Giovinco or Camo playing as AMCs.

Also, as far as I'm concerned, we have always played with some sort of dual forwards.

Mike-e-y

Jul 18, 2004
Did you read my previous posts? I said that the 4-3-1-2 tactic would fit us well with Diego as AMC, but I couldn't see Giovinco being a starter in it or any other possible tactics. The only way I can see Giovinco start is if Trez is gone and DP underperforms/is injured.
You were talking about some guy called deigo? I hope he's good

4-3-1-2 sounds like the best option to me, altohugh I would really like a 4-2-3-1 with the 3 as 2 wingers and diego in behind:

----------------------------Buffon

Zebina/(New RB)--Canna------Chiellini-----De Ceglie/(new LB)

---------------------Momo---------Marchisio

Camo----------------------Diego----------------Gio

---------------------------Amauri

Making a 4-2-1-3 when attacking and a 4-4-1-1 when defending. I would love to see that, but because of the amount of strikers we have i dont think it will happen

Thunderball

May 4, 2007
Buffon
New RB - Cannavaro - Chiellini - New LB
Marchisio - Sissoko
Camoranesi - Diego - Giovinco
Trezeguet
with Marchisio and Diego a bit further up
I see this being the tactic best suited to the squad as it stands, and with the players we're rumored to be after. Except, I see it a little more like this:

Buffon/Manninger
Grygera or Mellberg/Zebina- Cannavaro/Legro - Chiellini/Ariaudo - Criscito/DC
Marchisio/Zanetti - Sissoko/Poulsen
Camoranesi/D'Agostino - Diego/Del Piero - Giovinco/Quagliarella
Amauri/Trezeguet or Iaquinta

Unfortunately, one of Trezeguet or Iaquinta are gone. It seems pretty apparent that's the way it's going to go. Personally, I don't see Iaquinta staying since there is too much competition for him, Quagliarella would be more willing/capable of playing as a winger than Iaquinta is, and Trezeguet is a better poacher, which is what the lone striker will be expected to do. Plus, I think Iaquinta wants to break into Lippi's NT, and I doubt he can do that as Juventus' #3/4 striker. However, if Trez leaves, as it sounds right now, Iaquinta would likely switch off with Amauri. Of course, Trezeguet has one foot out the door every year and always seems to come back. This system suits Trezeguet's style a lot more as he would be able to collect a lot of passes and rebounds from the talented offensive mids.

Sadly, I don't see an RB coming, despite really needing one. My bet is the new coach puts faith in Zebina playing up to past standards and searching for a new RB in January if he falters.

IN: Diego, Cannavaro, D'Agostino, Quagliarella, Criscito
OUT: Tiago, Iaquinta or Trezeguet, Molinaro, Marchionni, Knezevic, and maybe one of Grygera or Mellberg

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
Apr 2, 2007
I wonder if people here will again criticize the board if Diego wins the Bidone d'oro at the end of the year?
Personally i won't do that even if he turns out to be a complete flop.

Kayo

Mar 18, 2007
You were talking about some guy called deigo? I hope he's good

4-3-1-2 sounds like the best option to me, altohugh I would really like a 4-2-3-1 with the 3 as 2 wingers and diego in behind:

----------------------------Buffon

Zebina/(New RB)--Canna------Chiellini-----De Ceglie/(new LB)

---------------------Momo---------Marchisio

Camo----------------------Diego----------------Gio

---------------------------Amauri

Making a 4-2-1-3 when attacking and a 4-4-1-1 when defending. I would love to see that, but because of the amount of strikers we have i dont think it will happen
I wrote fast and misspelled his name. Are you going to crucify me for that? :andyandbarcelona:

Mohad

The Ocean Star
May 20, 2009
Now we don't need another striker or offensive player on this team until we address the defense. ADP, Trez, Amauri, Camo, Gio, Diego, Iaquinta and Nedved(if he doesn't retire) are enough creativity and offense to get us through a season. Our defense is in a desperate need of a makeover and the transfer market should start there.

Back in the day when this team would be on top of serie A and going far in the CL, it was because of our defense. Juve has always been known to have a top 3 defense in europe and right now were not even close to that. So if its Kjaer, Srna or Zuniga or whoever were linked to, than thats where it needs to start this summer and not with Pandev, Lavezzi or even Benzema. Let's address what needs to be addessed 1st and than go from there.

Red

-------
Nov 26, 2006
I see that Diego seems to be a big enough signing that we will get a sudden influx of Diego fans, rather than Juve fans, appearing on the forum in the next wee while.

Yippee.

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
I see that Diego seems to be a big enough signing that we will get a sudden influx of Diego fans, rather than Juve fans, appearing on the forum in the next wee while.

Yippee.
They won't know what hit them.

No wait, that's not true at all. I prefer them to suffer a little bit first.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 72)