Diego DONE DEAL(read posts #1 & #4786) (76 Viewers)

Who deserves credit for this signing?

• Secco

• Blanc

• Badass Devil

• Moggi

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Nenz

Apr 17, 2008
What did you expect him to achieve?
He played for Bremen,not Bayern or something...still he always made the show,and i'm sure you see how great he is...
if he didn't win the Bundesliga or made the CL finals it says he don't worth 30 mil?
sorry can't agree with you.
For Example,Ribery,Drogba and many more also haven't won major tournaments before they moved to abig club.
Diego will achieve,with us.

Forza Juve.
Were Ribery and Drogba bought for over 30 million though? I think that's Ahmed's point. Once you've won titles you deserve your high price tag, because then you're paying for the assurance that the player can win big titles and big leagues and teams. That assurance isn't included in this deal.
But then again I really don't know how much Ribery or Drogba went for.

OP

Mark

The Informer
Administrator
Dec 19, 2003
  • Thread Starter #4,285
    I think we'll need more then 8 mil to buy a GOOD RB,not average one.
    anyway what are the transfer funds are for this summer anyone knows?+/-?

i believe we can afford more than last summer,we got money form CL as well this year.

i hope Juve not in a situation where 8 mil will make a big difference whenever to sign a good player or not...sometimes you need to spend.
    we all prefer to pay the less,but sometimes you need to pay abit more for a TOP product,witch Diego definietly is.
    8m could get us Motta.

I've heard anywhere from 20m to 40m including sells for our transfer budget.

Roman

-'Tuz Fantasy Master-
    Apr 19, 2003
    Were Ribery and Drogba bought for over 30 million though? I think that's Ahmed's point. Once you've won titles you deserve your high price tag, because then you're paying for the assurance that the player can win big titles and big leagues and teams. That assurance isn't included in this deal.
    But then again I really don't know how much Ribery or Drogba went for.
    In our current situation when we need to rebuild our team and bring in quality players,+/- 5 mil shouldn't be a problem for a star player like Diego.

25 mil euro for Ribery and 27 mil euro for Drogba.
    Thnx.
    You see?they also went not cheap.
    So 29 for Diego is just fine.not cheap,i know,but fine.

Roman

-'Tuz Fantasy Master-
    Apr 19, 2003
    8m could get us Motta.
    Ok,anyway i think we are in position to buy few other players even if we spend 29mil on Diego.

It can't be our transfer funds are 30-40 mil.i believe we are at 50-60 mil(correct me if i'm wrong)+we'll sell/exchnage some.

Boksic

May 11, 2005
    In our current situation when we need to rebuild our team and bring in quality players,+/- 5 mil shouldn't be a problem for a star player like Diego.
    :agree:

We now have a pretty deep squad and a decent number of good squad member players which we have established over the last two seasons. Players like Grygera, Poulsen/Zanetti, Legro should be decent backup for our team.

Now is the time to build on top of that base, so its inevitable that we have to pay more for less players this summer. I think this year the mindset should and by the looks of it will be;quality over quantity.

£29m for Diego is a big gamble in my opinion, quite a bit over the odds, but it is clear that Secco has proven to be very capable at convincing players to join us but at negotiating with other clubs.

Nonetheless, to add quality thats what you need to pay, and if he plays at Juve like he has for Werder he will be well worth it.

Roman

-'Tuz Fantasy Master-
    Apr 19, 2003
    8m could get us Motta.

I've heard anywhere from 20m to 40m including sells for our transfer budget.
    If that's really the situation then sorry but we can't rebuild our squad with TOP QUALITY players in all positions we need with 40m.
    impossible.

we need CB,
    RB,
    Creative MF/AM,
    LM(if gio plays upfront)
    /ST(if Trez sold and gio plays left)

LB-Criscito coming back home.

40m is not enough...

OP

Mark

The Informer
    Administrator
    Dec 19, 2003
  • Thread Starter #4,293
    You'd have to hope Genoa don't use their right to keep him and buy ½ and sign Guberti for free. Then you can buy a RB and possibly make a couple of good signings.

JuveYank

Juve Ultra :D
    Jun 29, 2008
    You'd have to hope Genoa don't use their right to keep him and buy ½ and sign Guberti for free. Then you can buy a RB and possibly make a couple of good signings.
    Mark, cant Juve have more authority over Genoa? Since they do own the player technically. How will Genoa be able to buy him? We could just say no, right?

OP

Mark

The Informer
    Administrator
    Dec 19, 2003
  • Thread Starter #4,295
    They have the right to buy ½ for 5.5m and also the other ½ but we can counter that. Of course if we really want him we could tell em' not to do it and loan/co-own other players to them. The thing is that it seems they found new friends. :mad:

Apr 19, 2007
    If that's really the situation then sorry but we can't rebuild our squad with TOP QUALITY players in all positions we need with 40m.
    impossible.

we need CB,
    RB,
    Creative MF/AM,
    LM(if gio plays upfront)
    /ST(if Trez sold and gio plays left)

LB-Criscito coming back home.

40m is not enough...
    We got Canna as CB for free. Diego for 30 mil. Gio can play LM or we might run something different to compinsate. If trez is sold that will be enough money to replace him with that money. And another outside back with the 10 mil plus our other sells. This could be enough to at least take it close to the scudetto.

Mar 30, 2006
    We got Canna as CB for free. Diego for 30 mil. Gio can play LM or we might run something different to compinsate. If trez is sold that will be enough money to replace him with that money. And another outside back with the 10 mil plus our other sells. This could be enough to at least take it close to the scudetto.
    If Trez is sold I think Amauri and Iaquinta will be his direct replacement. The player the press suggested to come in if he goes.. Quag. . is a diff type of player.

Also I dont htink we need to get a LM cuz we prob wont even play a winger LM. Diego is the Nedved replacement so he will be our attacking mid with a change of formation. Camo will prob move to a more central RCM postion with 2 defensive mids in the 3 man mid as well ...

neurosis21

Jun 22, 2004
    The thing is that it seems they found new friends. :mad:
    not too sure about that
    ripping of inter for money for a 30year old striker and an injury prone mid is not making new friends. (although both of them performed really well this year)
    at least not yet
    they still have quite of few of our players on loan/co-ownership so they should know who to be friends with

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 71)