Diego DONE DEAL(read posts #1 & #4786) (76 Viewers)

Who deserves credit for this signing?

• Secco

• Blanc

• Badass Devil

• Moggi

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

neurosis21

Jun 22, 2004
also pato and even ribery where signed when their calibre was of a lower standard than it is now,both theirs and diego's
diego bremen just 6mil,and i think 7mil to porto
therefore he much comparable to pato and ribery
cheaper as well

Ken

The Dutch Touch
Aug 17, 2007
IF this whole 33million story is even true ( source being bild.de ).. it is quite alot for Diego, but like weedguru said, we are in desperate need of a player like him. When all fit we have Marchisio and Sissoko who are great in midfield, but obviously don't provide creativity. With Nedved retiring and an injury-prone Camo, who isn't getting any younger, we really need him. I don't think he's the kind of player to suffer too much under the pressure, and besides... there aren't that many options of his caliber up for grabs.

only-juve

Jan 5, 2008
Also...the comparison with Aguero and Ribery is silly. Because if, when, they are sold, they will go for massively more than what was paid for them by their respective current clubs. Pato also...he is hardly an accomplished force. I would rather have Diego than Pato.
Modric who's a similar player to diego (some would argue that one is better than the other slightly) was sold for 20 mil euros. If we're paying 13 mil euros more for Diego that IMO would mean we're screwed big time in this deal.

And yes we won't have enough money to spend on other targets. Reallisticaly Diego's max price will be no more than 25 mil.

We're getting quality in diego but if what is mentioned (about he's price) is true then To me its just a failure (rather than a success) to whoever did that deal in our part....

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
It matters little to me if we pay over what we believe we should pay. When we are talking about 35 or 30 million, its not much of a difference. I very much doubt paying an extra few million will vastly affect our other deals planned, or hoped for, which surely must be primarily a right back...that is assuming the criscito is on his way home, and perhaps even a move for Grosso...I am sure that we are aiming for more acquisitions than solely Diego. Else Buffon would not have gone from Fuming to Calm, after speaking to the board about the abysmal state we are in. Had he not been assured of other major improvements, he would have held his hands up and said 'i am sorry, because i love Juve, but I want to win things in my remaining years as the galactic number one...' knowing damn well that nobody would blame him, or call him a traitor because he has given so much to our cause, over the years...I mean, for fucks sake, the best shot stopped in the business sticking with us in Serie B. That was more stunning a show of loyalty to me than ANYONE else staying, as he other Pros were nearing the end of the glory days...

As for Diego. He has the potential to become one of the best players in the game. Potential...Whether he can improve amongst a better team???? Nobody can say, yet. But he will definitely add a much needed bridge of creativity between midfield and the attack, which has been sorely lacking this season. He will also alleviate the pressure of ALL attacks flowing down the flanks, when we have dying or useless wingers...Nedved, Camo, Marchionni...

We need Diego. Its that simple. And if we have the money, pay the man and be done with it...I doubt anyone will be complaining if he fires us to proper contention for glory in both Serie A and the Champions League.
For your information we are trying to get Pandev for 10 million. So a couple of millions do matter. 5-10 mil buys you a decent fullback by the way.

Durden

May 11, 2006
It wouldn't surprise me if we end up paying 5-10 mill more because of our stupid ass directors are going around announcing a deal before its signed.. stupid fuckers

Lo-Pan

Disciple of Gonzo
Feb 11, 2009
I think that its as clearly visible as a white man in brixton that our major problems this season have been our fullbacks AND a dramatic lack of quality in terms of creativity from midfield.

Bearing in mind the almost 100% failure rate with our signings of recent seasons, I think the most important part of this summer's mercato mission is to properly fix one or more of our most obvious problems.

Other than Sissoko, who can anyone say has come and looked like a player to really cement a place in the future first XI we all envisage for a return to the standards we have all come to expect of Juventus over the years? I am sure that some will mention Amauri...and he has been useful. But we overpaid for him massively regarding what he has given us. To me, he looked far more potent at Palermo. Which may well be down to a better midfield there, or tactics geared towards playing to his strengths. For a brazilian, he has shown very little flair in his time so far at Juve...but then again, one could point to the severe lack of creativity from midfield, meaning that Amauri is forced to battle more than shine...

OP

Mark

The Informer
Administrator
Dec 19, 2003
  • Thread Starter #4,253
    33.35 Mil?

No f*ckin' way. He's not worth that at all. Around 25m yes. I guess Bild are just bitter that their bosses got f*cked by Juve.

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
    Apr 2, 2007
    If you see carefully, there's a strong possibility the whole deal is worth 29 M euro and those 33.35 it's just Bild's speculation. Diego's dad owns 15% of the contract and it happens that 4.35 M euro is 15% of 29 M. So I assume the deal is worth 29 M euro, of which 4.35 M (15%) will go to his father and 24.65 (85%) to Bremen. They just can't add correctly.
    You're right but judging by the posts following your post, the guys here prefer to take a number for granted instead of using some logic.

Still, we'll be paying 4.35 M eur more than planned.

Roman

-'Tuz Fantasy Master-
    Apr 19, 2003
    We must sign him,it really doesn't matter if it's 25 or 29 mil and even if it takes 33mil.
    because we must rebuild the ffs!!with good WC players!!not some average guys for 10mil like Ranieri were doing...Poulsen,Tiago,Almiron and list goes on.

and if it means we spend another 5-10 mil on a great great wc player,specially when we talking about Creative AM who can turn out to be ours Kaka/Ronaldo/Zidane then hell yes,imo sign him!

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 71)