Diego DONE DEAL(read posts #1 & #4786) (14 Viewers)

Who deserves credit for this signing?

• Secco

• Blanc

• Badass Devil

• Moggi

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Thunderball

May 4, 2007
I don't understand all this panic. If €25m is not enough to get us Diego, it will surely land us some1 else just as talented (Cassano, Lavezzi, G. Rossi, etc)

Not that these rumours are to believed. This transfer is following the path of every other transfer which is made semi-offical long b4 it's made official. Typical media bs.
This is very true. I suspect this is all a bunch of smoke being blown up everyone's ass and that he really is in the bag, save for some small squabbles.

Frankly, Diego is not worth more than €25m at this point. I don't really follow Bundesliga, but my grandfather does, seeing as he nearly played in it back in his day. He says the big knock on Diego is that he is still mentally weak. Good hatchetmen (Poulsen/Gattuso types) will get under his skin and cause Diego to lose his focus or to take selfish fouls that can really hurt the team. The good news is, in Juventus, unlike Werder, there's more than one superstar to attract bad attention, like Del Piero, Amauri and Camoranesi. The bad news is, Serie A is loaded with hatchetmen defensive mids capable of pushing him off his game.

Obviously, Diego is a good move, and I'd be happy to have him, despite his serviceable flaws.

However, I won't be heartbroken if another team bids something obscene to steal him away. There are lots of other good players out there (like Silva), and at least Juventus has demonstrated that they have the big cash ready to spend.

As well, wasn't there a similar issue with Amauri and the team paying out a movement clause?

neurosis21

Jun 22, 2004
interesting to see that people wouldnt mind loosing diego if we have to pay 2-3 million extra, but when we didnt get alonso last year for 1-2 million extra(and maybe ranieris assertion that he is slow) everyone wanted to kill secco

Lo-Pan

Disciple of Gonzo
Feb 11, 2009
i adore Juve, and have been a loyal supporter for 16 years or so...But that certainly doesn't stop me holding an interest in watching the two greatest teams in Europe lock horns and fight it out to a macabre conclusion...Both teams are capable of playing sublimely beautiful football. And as spectacle it good be something very special indeed, depending on tactics and form on the night.

If it was liverpool playing, i would not watch it...or any of the german teams...or Inter...but any other decent teams, I would watch in the champions league final, were I in europe and not looking, as i am now, at a savage 445am KO, when I have to be up and it it for work at 7ish...

Were it Juve flying the flag in the final, of course I would forsake sleep, as I have had to in order to see all the matches I have managed to watch this season.

Bianconero81

Ageing Veteran
Jan 26, 2009
i adore Juve, and have been a loyal supporter for 16 years or so...But that certainly doesn't stop me holding an interest in watching the two greatest teams in Europe lock horns and fight it out to a macabre conclusion...Both teams are capable of playing sublimely beautiful football. And as spectacle it good be something very special indeed, depending on tactics and form on the night.

If it was liverpool playing, i would not watch it...or any of the german teams...or Inter...but any other decent teams, I would watch in the champions league final, were I in europe and not looking, as i am now, at a savage 445am KO, when I have to be up and it it for work at 7ish...
Were it Juve flying the flag in the final, of course I would forsake sleep, as I have had to in order to see all the matches I have managed to watch this season.
Actually, you aren't in as much a predicament as I am. You could just go to bed @ 10 and wake up around 4.30 to catch the game :p ;) Being in Thailand, KO is around 1.45 which means if I stay awake and forsake sleep, I will be left with about 3-4 hours of sleep after the conclusion of the game. Hence, I have to sleep around 10.30, wake up again @ 1.30. go to sleep after the conclusion of the match, and wake up again around 8 a.m. I hate interrupted sleep :(

I agree with you about watching the game, regardless of who is playing; it's even more significant this year, because the two best and most consistent teams in Europe made it thru. I love Juve, but above all, I love football for the spectacle that it is, and would watch any game that is worth watching ;)

only-juve

Jan 5, 2008
This is very true. I suspect this is all a bunch of smoke being blown up everyone's ass and that he really is in the bag, save for some small squabbles.

Frankly, Diego is not worth more than €25m at this point. I don't really follow Bundesliga, but my grandfather does, seeing as he nearly played in it back in his day. He says the big knock on Diego is that he is still mentally weak. Good hatchetmen (Poulsen/Gattuso types) will get under his skin and cause Diego to lose his focus or to take selfish fouls that can really hurt the team. The good news is, in Juventus, unlike Werder, there's more than one superstar to attract bad attention, like Del Piero, Amauri and Camoranesi. The bad news is, Serie A is loaded with hatchetmen defensive mids capable of pushing him off his game.

Obviously, Diego is a good move, and I'd be happy to have him, despite his serviceable flaws.

However, I won't be heartbroken if another team bids something obscene to steal him away. There are lots of other good players out there (like Silva), and at least Juventus has demonstrated that they have the big cash ready to spend.

As well, wasn't there a similar issue with Amauri and the team paying out a movement clause?
Great Info's there mate, interesting read :tup:

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
I say pay up, get the superstar and watch him lead our team along with our other superstars. Just pay up and conclude this deal so we can focus on other areas of our team that is in need of reinforcements. Don't waste all summer on a few million and not have the time needed to focus on other departments.

Mar 24, 2006
Actually, you aren't in as much a predicament as I am. You could just go to bed @ 10 and wake up around 4.30 to catch the game :p ;) Being in Thailand, KO is around 1.45 which means if I stay awake and forsake sleep, I will be left with about 3-4 hours of sleep after the conclusion of the game. Hence, I have to sleep around 10.30, wake up again @ 1.30. go to sleep after the conclusion of the match, and wake up again around 8 a.m. I hate interrupted sleep :(

I agree with you about watching the game, regardless of who is playing; it's even more significant this year, because the two best and most consistent teams in Europe made it thru. I love Juve, but above all, I love football for the spectacle that it is, and would watch any game that is worth watching ;)
we are in the same timezone , dude ;)

and yes , European league lovers in Australia are definitely have a bigger problem watching the game .

Kayo

Mar 18, 2007
I don't care if there are similar alternatives for the same amount of cash. Diego being somewhat a fan of Juve and wanting to play for our team, unlike Sissoko and other previous players, makes me want him in Juve. If we don't manage to pull this off, I'll be more disappointed than any other signing we didn't penned.

BIG DADDY!!!

Mar 12, 2004
Does anyone else think we wont sign Diego unless we get automatic qualification for the CL?

Maybe thats the reason why our board havnt finalised the deal as finishing 4th and not qualifying means we wont have the required funds.

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
That is a good point/question. Maybe Diego has said, "hold up the phone. Lets just wait till we see how you boys end up before I sign anything"

Damn you Ranieri.

Kayo

Mar 18, 2007
I want to play in Juve...Do you want me there too Kayo? :shifty:
Not that it's wrong for you to boost your self esteem comparing your talent with Diego :agree: , but I believe that Diego really is the type of players we need to boost up Juve. He has heart and has been showing alot of promise.

Thats why I want him in Juve. The thing scaring me is that we need him more than we realize. We really need to step up the upcoming years if we want to get back to our past glory.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 14)