Diego DONE DEAL(read posts #1 & #4786) (52 Viewers)

Who deserves credit for this signing?

• Secco

• Blanc

• Badass Devil

• Moggi

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Jun 19, 2006
I think a 4 2 3 1 would get over run by a dominant midfield like Inters.

Thats why Inter and ourselves always bossed Roma who played that formation.

Even the likes of Sampdoria with their 5 man Midfield would be to much for that formation as Momo and Marchisio wouldnt be strong enough to cope with the pressure.

Im all for the 4 3 1 2 as i think playing with 1 forward is extremly risky as moruniho learned at the start of the season with Inter, thats why he switched from 4 3 2 1 to 4 3 1 2

And dont worry bout our fullbacks cos all we need is a world class RB and bring back Criscito and were all set.
Yep, the only bad side of 4-2-3-1 formation is that Roma plays that formating...unsuccesfully I would say :D

Juventinoo

Ertuğrul Oğlu Osman
Oct 20, 2004
certain games will require two strikers IMO.

but one striker and espescially amauri who can make sapce for himself will work also. he will have the support and passing of players like giovinco, diego and del piero i cant see why it wont work....
I will tell you, i saw many of Milan matches since our demotion to B ....Seedorf, Kaka, Pirlo and recently Ronaldinho try hard to break up the opponent defense especially the smaller teams, the opponents midfielders just make it easy for their defense buy making the area infront of there goal more crowded and minimize the spaces as possible infront of the them and when ever they pass them...their is another couple of defenders that should trick them before score...as a result, Milan drwan a lot of matches and lost a lot points tell they switch to a system with 2 strikers instead .....

maybe 4 2 3 1 works in Europe coz all teams try to attack but in Italy it will be hard and very hard to break them down with just one striker. any one can just make statistics ( i can do it, but don't have time ) with how many times Milan failed to deliver the results by playing with one striker system....

As for Amuari, yes he can do some space for himself but he isn't Ibra ...

BillyG

Caribbean Ultra
Nov 25, 2006
“Ranieri is ready to change the system and play Diego along side our other champions,” Cobolli Gigli added.

channel4.com

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The last part confirms to me what i thought all along that ranieri will be here coming next season :wallbang:
WHAT other champions? none will be left if ranieri stays...

and if he is so willing to change then y didn't he when the team was crying out for it?

but i do wonder if he was just being diplomatic in his response with regards to ranieri or whether our worst fairs may come true & there was some truth to his jest?

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
That's was three.

Anyways, I think with the players we would have in a 4231 (gio, diego, camo) should they be able to play with one striker I forsee no problems, and should we find one its easy to switch to a 4312.

Those 3 with amauri up top would become so unpredictable and challenging for defenses to read, how can it not work? 3 intelligent players overlapping constantly on a their individual mazzy runs and all 3 have deathly pinpoint accurracy, our strikers would be lethal with the service they would be getting, now imagine on top of that some good (not even great) wingbacks to add to that?? C'mon, 4231 is the way to go.

All of our complaining about predictability from our wing play from a 442 would go right out the window. We have the perfect strikers of IQ and amauri for that formation...strong, quick, hardworking, always moving, tall, and great with their heads.

I'm gonna have to vote for the 4231....we need a poll for that...what formation to use next season.

neurosis21

Jun 22, 2004

thats because the had pizzaro playing a defensive role
with sissoko and marchision protecting the back four and with the 2 wider midfield players tracking back you can have a very solid midfield
as long as you get ur tactics right and have the suitable players

Juventinoo

Ertuğrul Oğlu Osman
Oct 20, 2004

Even the likes of Sampdoria with their 5 man Midfield would be to much for that formation as Momo and Marchisio wouldnt be strong enough to cope with the pressure.

Im all for the 4 3 1 2 as i think playing with 1 forward is extremly risky as moruniho learned at the start of the season with Inter, thats why he switched from 4 3 2 1 to 4 3 1 2

And dont worry bout our fullbacks cos all we need is a world class RB and bring back Criscito and were all set.
:tup: am totally agree with you, Inter failed manytimes when they uses one striker system, it won't work ...

v1rtu4l

Mar 4, 2008
i want to share some things i have read in the german media today

-bayerns supposed interest was fictional and it was invented by bremen to raise the price for diego
-bremen try to force us to raise the price for diego and pressure us by stating that "nothing is fixed" and "if juve don't agree, bayern can make a bid"
-diego has a clause in his contract that says that he gets a fixed amount of the transfer fee when he is to leave for another club
-bremen are not willing to pay that right now and want US to pay for that (by overpaying for diego)
-diegos father is a bum

only-juve

Jan 5, 2008
Saying Ranieri is ready to do something doesn't mean Ranieri stays.
Well what does it mean then ?!

Diego will play with us next season so to say that ranieri accept to change he's formation means that they have him in their plans for next season.

Ever since ranieri came out and said just right before the milan game that he's staying here next season, to me it means he got a confirmation from the board that he's staying here (just few days before that he wasn't so sure).

Anyways if they did take that decision to keep him here for next season they will regret that.

BIG DADDY!!!

Mar 12, 2004
Yep, the only bad side of 4-2-3-1 formation is that Roma plays that formating...unsuccesfully I would say :D
Well its been very unsuccessfully recently.

No competive team should ever concede 7 goals in a match nevermind 4 at your home ground.

thats because the had pizzaro playing a defensive role
with sissoko and marchision protecting the back four and with the 2 wider midfield players tracking back you can have a very solid midfield
as long as you get ur tactics right and have the suitable players
Yeah but Marchisio cant make those long range passes that Pizzaro can and they have De Rossi who is an all action Midfielder.

Sissoko and Marchisio cant get the ball to the Attackers as good as these guys and such a system would require Momo to just concentrate on Defending and not going forward the way he likes to do.

Nearly every player in the Roma team can pass the ball so if we do change to this system we will have to stop the long ball from defence to our forwards approach and start our summer training with playing the ball to feet.

BIG DADDY!!!

Mar 12, 2004
Well what does it mean then ?!

Diego will play with us next season so to say that ranieri accept to change he's formation means that they have him in their plans for next season.

Ever since ranieri came out and said just right before the milan game that he's staying here next season, to me it means he got a confirmation from the board that he's staying here (just few days before that he wasn't so sure).

Anyways if they did take that decision to keep him here for next season they will regret that.
I think this latest statment is just to keep our coach motivated.

If he though he wasnt gonna be here next season then why would he work hard to win the remaing games.

Saying he'll stay gives him the incentive to try and meet the targets set by our board.

Amaurisimo

Dec 8, 2007
one more thing..few weeks ago CR said i am coach next season...
and i read somewhere today or was it yesterday , that he would like to stay next season..So he knows it well.

however he would do much better with Diego and even Cana..

is it true that DP contract expire this season?

only-juve

Jan 5, 2008
I think this latest statment is just to keep our coach motivated.

If he though he wasnt gonna be here next season then why would he work hard to win the remaing games.

Saying he'll stay gives him the incentive to try and meet the targets set by our board.
Don't think that the case but just few weeks seperate us from knowing what is the truth behind all of this.

BillyG

Caribbean Ultra
Nov 25, 2006
one more thing..few weeks ago CR said i am coach next season...
and i read somewhere today or was it yesterday , that he would like to stay next season..So he knows it well.

however he would do much better with Diego and even Cana..

is it true that DP contract expire this season?
end of next season...so he cud techically leave on a bosman next summer from jan

BIG DADDY!!!

Mar 12, 2004
Don't think that the case but just few weeks seperate us from knowing what is the truth behind all of this.
And I for one cant wait till this season ends so this nightmare can finally stop!

Though if Ranieri is prepared to change his tactics for Diego then he should of considered changing them for Giovinco as we should play to our strengths and not the other way round.

Ranieri should go on and manage an International team as he stated this was his dream and once he gets there he should delve into molinaros family tree to see if he has grandparents from that partucular country and call him up and make him Capatain.

Everybodys happy everybody wins

SoulSiick

Schizoid Man
Oct 16, 2007
Another source :

(ANSA) - Turin, May 14 - Juventus expects to firm up a deal with Werder Bremen for Brazil attacking midfielder Diego by the start of June, Chairman Giovanni Cobolli Gigli said Thursday.

The deal, which was reported and then denied last week, was now ''a virtual certainty,'' the Juve chairman said.

''We expect to go forward and be able to rubberstamp the documents by the beginning of June,'' Cobolli Gigli said.

He also dampened recent speculation that coach Claudio Ranieri would be leaving the club by saying: ''Diego is a world-class player and his arrival will probably mean adjusting the way we play. But Ranieri has thought about this and is ready to tackle it''.

Diego, 24, has been repeatedly linked to a transfer worth some 25 million euros.

Sources close to the talks said last week the player would get a four-year contract paying him 3.5 million euros a year.

Juve was forced to deny the reports, amid rumours of a counter-bid from Bayern Munich. Diego joined Werder in 2006 in a four-million-euro deal expected to keep him in the German city until 2010.

He has played 81 times for the 2004 Bundesliga champs, scoring 36 times.

Diego last week helped Werder into its first UEFA Cup Final but will miss the match against Ukraine's Shakhtar Donetsk because of a yellow card picked up in the semi-final against Hamburg.

He has also picked up an injury that could mean the semi was his last match for Werder. The striker-cum-playmaker, who scored against Hamburg, has collected 28 Brazil caps and two goals since 2003.

-=-=-=-=-=-

Im kinda scared right now !

Jan 7, 2007
Another source :

(ANSA) - Turin, May 14 - Juventus expects to firm up a deal with Werder Bremen for Brazil attacking midfielder Diego by the start of June, Chairman Giovanni Cobolli Gigli said Thursday.

The deal, which was reported and then denied last week, was now ''a virtual certainty,'' the Juve chairman said.

''We expect to go forward and be able to rubberstamp the documents by the beginning of June,'' Cobolli Gigli said.

He also dampened recent speculation that coach Claudio Ranieri would be leaving the club by saying: ''Diego is a world-class player and his arrival will probably mean adjusting the way we play. But Ranieri has thought about this and is ready to tackle it''.

Diego, 24, has been repeatedly linked to a transfer worth some 25 million euros.

Sources close to the talks said last week the player would get a four-year contract paying him 3.5 million euros a year.

Juve was forced to deny the reports, amid rumours of a counter-bid from Bayern Munich. Diego joined Werder in 2006 in a four-million-euro deal expected to keep him in the German city until 2010.

He has played 81 times for the 2004 Bundesliga champs, scoring 36 times.

Diego last week helped Werder into its first UEFA Cup Final but will miss the match against Ukraine's Shakhtar Donetsk because of a yellow card picked up in the semi-final against Hamburg.

He has also picked up an injury that could mean the semi was his last match for Werder. The striker-cum-playmaker, who scored against Hamburg, has collected 28 Brazil caps and two goals since 2003.

-=-=-=-=-=-

Im kinda scared right now !
I knew it :cry:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 46)