Diego DONE DEAL(read posts #1 & #4786) (13 Viewers)

Who deserves credit for this signing?

• Secco

• Blanc

• Badass Devil

• Moggi

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

RavaneVialli

Jan 27, 2008
problem with 4-3-1-2 is that you need very good attacking and defending wingers which we dont have
giovinco and camo might be very good going forward but they cant really defend,camo is better at it than giovinco but his temper is a concern when defending
we could play with a more defensive midfield of camo-momo-marchisio, but not sure if marchisio can fit as a LM
The point in playing a three-man midfield is that you don't use wingers. Fullbacks are resposible for their job to provide width and crosses and trequartista is making the offensive play.

Buy on AliExpress.com

David01

Aug 20, 2006
we need good lb and rb for that formation and we don't have that either
so if you guys don't like a 4-2-3-1 or a 4-3-2-1 and we have to play 4-3-1-2 with our backs we can better play 4-4-2 with Ranieri, he should know this tactic by now

Dec 26, 2004
Playing with one center forward in italy is a failure, look to Milan, eveytime they play with one center forward they fail. thay have problems, with one CF, it's easy for the defenders to mark that one and let the midfielders suffers a lot to try to pass or score by quieting infront of them and hurt that team in counter attacks..this formation will not work in Italy. the best one is for us after Diego signing is 4 3 1 2 and we need a new CM that give the team more power and attacking and defending abilities and can't see that in Tiago, prune to injuries like Camo and C Zan. only Marchisio and Sissoko...we need another one who can help them and help the team and support Diego when he goes upfront....
Milan owned a couple of CL playing this way.

Jun 19, 2006
I see there is a lot of debating around Diego etc. :D

I'm very happy he is coming to juve, but I think problems will acoure from now on. If we change formation to 4-2-3-1. or something different from 4-3-3 or 4-2-2, its clear Ranieri has to go, cause he does not have any clues about other formations. Well ,even if we continue to play 4-2-2 or 4-3-3, he jsut smply has to go!!! :D

Secondly, with the LB ad RB that we have now, its terryfying to think, how the hell are we gonna play that formation with molinaro as the LB and Gygera as RB....

Thirdly, i saw someone posted a line up Camo-Diego-Giovinco.....can Diego play in the centre midfield?

icemaη

Rab's Husband - The Regista
Aug 27, 2008
Excuse my ignorance here... Most of the people on this forum agree that Diego would be a flop in a 4-4-2... has he ever played in tht formation to prove this theory?

David01

Aug 20, 2006
if Ranieri stays he won't change a thing with Amauri as his striker and Diego or DP circling around him and no room for Gio
or he plays him as a lm but I doubt it

Salvo

J
Dec 17, 2007
icεmαή;1989636 said:
Excuse my ignorance here... Most of the people on this forum agree that Diego would be a flop in a 4-4-2... has he ever played in tht formation to prove this theory?
im sure he wouldnt

diego-----------------------------giovinco
---------marchisio---sissoko-------

why would he flop?

Juventinoo

Ertuğrul Oğlu Osman
Oct 20, 2004
that's about the dumbest thing I've heard tody, it's not the tactic that's supposed to be wrong, it's the player who plays upfront
Amauri versus Pato they are completely different players
Inzaghi and Trez are similar types and I agree that wouldn't work
but to generalise this by stating this would work in Italy is just stupid
ofcourse it would be easy to defend if you have a static attacker who isn't strong enough to face the defenders and doesn't move around enough
your cf needs body, can hold the ball to give it to upcoming am's
guess what we have Amauri and Iaquinta for this
and we have Gio, Diego, Camo, DP who can infiltrate every time
if executed well that would be unstoppable
we've been playing 4-4-2 forever and everybody knew how we where going to play
this tactic gives us the opportunity to play either deep to Amauri who can either hold the ball, go for goal or give it to an upcoming man
and we can also play with the am right through the midle or flanks cuz we have enough creativity to do it now
do not say it can't be done simply cuz we play in Italy, that's too narrow minded
dumbest !! I can't find best team plays such a formation in italy like Milan, and their midfield is more stronger than ours even when Diego is there, it's not only Pato, sometimes Gila sometimes Inzagi but when ever they switch to 4 3 1 2 they rule and dominate their opponent. As for Roma, yeah...they win a lot :lol: and you compare us to them :lol: ....

Why you just don't understand that one striker means hard to make a lot of space in the opponent defense and hard for the midfielders to break them down...with two up there it's easy to fool them...dumb ha :lol:

Salvo

J
Dec 17, 2007
certain games will require two strikers IMO.

but one striker and espescially amauri who can make sapce for himself will work also. he will have the support and passing of players like giovinco, diego and del piero i cant see why it wont work....

BIG DADDY!!!

Mar 12, 2004
I think a 4 2 3 1 would get over run by a dominant midfield like Inters.

Thats why Inter and ourselves always bossed Roma who played that formation.

Even the likes of Sampdoria with their 5 man Midfield would be to much for that formation as Momo and Marchisio wouldnt be strong enough to cope with the pressure.

Im all for the 4 3 1 2 as i think playing with 1 forward is extremly risky as moruniho learned at the start of the season with Inter, thats why he switched from 4 3 2 1 to 4 3 1 2

And dont worry bout our fullbacks cos all we need is a world class RB and bring back Criscito and were all set.

only-juve

Jan 5, 2008
Juventus will change their system to suit the imminent arrival of Diego [pictured], according to President Giovanni Cobolli Gigli.

Yesterday, the Werder Bremen No 10 told the German Press a deal has been done, allowing him to join Juventus this summer.

“Positive news has arrived from Germany,” Cobolli Gigli said. “I am optimistic like I was before and now we only lack the stamp on the contract. We will do it at the right moment.”

When asked if he ever feared Bayern Munich would hijack their bid, Cobolli Gigli replied: “We were convinced by the quality of the negotiations made by Jean-Claude Blanc and Alessio Secco.

“The fact that the player and the other club confirmed the deal is an added satisfaction. His arrival will probably bring about a review of our style of play.

“Ranieri is ready to change the system and play Diego along side our other champions,” Cobolli Gigli added.

channel4.com

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The last part confirms to me what i thought all along that ranieri will be here coming next season :wallbang:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 13)