Diego DONE DEAL(read posts #1 & #4786) (19 Viewers)

Who deserves credit for this signing?

• Secco

• Blanc

• Badass Devil

• Moggi

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
Well my fears seem to be cultivating into reality. Seems like our fantastic run has possibly scared him off? I am telling you guys, anyone watching our team crumble with a coach like Ranieri no one worth having at Juve will want to sign and our stars will ask to be sold. Honestly, the first sign of rebuilding and to show our transfer targets that we still have ambition is to get rid of Claudio Ranieri. Period end of sentence.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Hydde

Minimiliano Tristelli
Mar 6, 2003
Amen.

You are rigth sir. Ranieri is affecting us even on the transfer market.

Why you would want to sign for juve when all their stars want to go out or are having problems with the coach.

Common sense people.

Cronios

Juventolog
Jun 7, 2004
After securing Canna, Secco's next priority will be to secure Cassano.
I hope that we will not spend much time and also, that we will not spend much time either to secure him and focus on our real needs (wingback and winger)

Lo-Pan

Disciple of Gonzo
Feb 11, 2009
Why is everyone so sure that we have fucked up our chances of getting Diego. He said last week that we had put an offer to him. His father has said that he wants to play for us...These are all positives. Secco would not have made an offer to the player, let alone the club, were he not interested in doing what it takes to sign him. This is a chance for him, Secco that is, to show us that he has value, that he recognizes his previous mistakes but now is able to realize the potential of making a truly wonderful acquisition.

Does he have a history of making offers to players, but not stumping up the required funds to the club when they hit him hard for more than he had planned on spending?

I know we were thinking of Alonso last season, but we did not actually offer the player terms...Who is there, of class, that we have been linked to, had the player and agent say they want to some to us, the player admit that we have made him an offer, and then we didn't get them???

This doom mongering is horrible, at a time when our club feels desperately depressed with nobody to turn to for help...I will stay optimistic and dream of diego. the more of us that focus on that happening, the greater chance it has of happening. with our collective minds and hearts we will draw him to where he belongs...

Mike-e-y

Jul 18, 2004
Does he have a history of making offers to players, but not stumping up the required funds to the club when they hit him hard for more than he had planned on spending?
Alonso - We didn't offer him terms because Secco wouldn't pay an extra 3million, great decision that turned out to be. Also Alonso was acting very similar to Diego in the media, saying he wanted to sign for us

G.Milito - Secco spent so much time negotiating a price after milito had basically said he will be playing for us that Barca jumped in and stole him off us about 3 weeks after we should have sealed the deal. Instead we opted for the AMAZING andrade

Sissoko - First time around Secco took soooooo long over the deal that Rafa had 2nd thoughts and offered him a new contract

Secco also did the same thing with Amauri, he took so long signing him we nearly lost him. I fear this will happen with Diego as well

Cronios

Juventolog
Jun 7, 2004
The Amauri deal is the only exception, but thats only because it was an endo-Italian deal.
We were dealing with a lesser team, somewhat friendly and in our conditions.
Signing a foreign player, of great prestige, from a foreign team, is smth that Secco has failed to deliver under any kind of competition and pressure, at acceptable terms.

The only exceptions would have been Mellberg, but we couldnt get him when we needed him the most.
Tiago, a player who couldnt and cant, get a better contract, than the one we offered/over-payed.
And lately Sissoko, who humiliated us, when he has felt that his market value and his role in the team had any value. Only at the reduced for transfers interest and by the threat of ending his contract and becoming the 3-4th choice subber Sissoko was convinced to join us. Mostly thanks to CR's persistence...

Secco has never done anything to prove that he can sign a premium player like Diego, from a foreign team and against some serious competition.
That would really be a first and would really work wonders in my eyes, regarding his esteem...

it is also a far easier transfer comparing to the even more prestigious targets of Ribery and Silva. For them, we are facing much tougher competition and we have to deal with prestigious clubs, who great experience in the negotiating field...
Diego was our only realistic chance to avoid a Poulsen/Tiago...

juventusi

Jul 22, 2002
I believe that if Bayern really want Diego then they will get him no matter what the player wants
after all Bayern are so powerful in Germany that historically all good players who once played for any german club ended up playing for Bayern

dogsarecute

Aug 7, 2008
Alonso - We didn't offer him terms because Secco wouldn't pay an extra 3million, great decision that turned out to be. Also Alonso was acting very similar to Diego in the media, saying he wanted to sign for us
Liverpool could not get Barry so unless we pay 30m, it is unlikely we can sign him. Since we like to overpay, it does not make sense if we cannot get the extra 3m out. I don't think Alonso said he wanted to sign for us either. I remember he always said he will respect whatever Liverpool does.

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
Apr 2, 2007

G.Milito - Secco spent so much time negotiating a price after milito had basically said he will be playing for us that Barca jumped in and stole him off us about 3 weeks after we should have sealed the deal. Instead we opted for the AMAZING andrade

Sissoko - First time around Secco took soooooo long over the deal that Rafa had 2nd thoughts and offered him a new contract

Secco also did the same thing with Amauri, he took so long signing him we nearly lost him. I fear this will happen with Diego as well
It was explained millions of times. Why do you guys keep looking so one-sided at things?

1. We didn't lose Xabi for 3m eur. We didn't buy him because Pool weren't selling until they get Barry.

2. Zaragoza wanted 20 fucking millions for Gabriel Milito. Of course we weren't going to pay that much. Barcelona bought him for 20.5 mil EUR.
Do you really think that we should've paid 20m eur for Gabriel Milito?

3. Liverpool were asking more than 20m eur for Sissoko. We weren't willing to pay so much. Actually, i doubt we even had so much money. As it turned out we did great not to rush because only 4-5 months later we bought him for 11m EUR. More than double less than what Liverpool asked for in the summer.

4. The Amauri deal was a complicated one, with exchange deals and co-ownerships involved. Palermo wanted Giovinco included in the deal, we didn't wanna give up on him. It was normal to take it so long until the two sides came up with a mutual agreement. At the end it was again a good deal because it took us 12.8m eur cash+Nocerino+half of Lanzafame.

Fred

Oct 2, 2003
You're probably right about the Alonso deal, that makes sense more than the rest of the stories. Because Aston Villa were extremely rigid in their position on not selling Barry, it would have been too much of a risk selling Alonso before securing Gareth Barry.

Red

-------
Nov 26, 2006
I read that the Amauri deal took a long time because Amauri's agent supposedly wanted him to move to Milan, so he was stalling the finalizing of the deal.

Amauri has since changed agent.

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
It was explained millions of times. Why do you guys keep looking so one-sided at things?

1. We didn't lose Xabi for 3m eur. We didn't buy him because Pool weren't selling until they get Barry.

2. Zaragoza wanted 20 fucking millions for Gabriel Milito. Of course we weren't going to pay that much. Barcelona bought him for 20.5 mil EUR.

3. Liverpool were asking more than 20m eur for Sissoko. We weren't willing to pay so much. Actually, i doubt we even had so much money. As it turned out we did great not to rush because only 4-5 months later we bought him for 11m EUR. More than double less than what Liverpool asked for in the summer.

4. The Amauri deal was a complicated one, with exchange deals and co-ownerships involved. Palermo wanted Giovinco included in the deal, we didn't wanna give up on him. It was normal to take it so long until the two sides came up with a mutual agreement. At the end it was again a good deal because it took us 12.8m eur cash+Nocerino+half of Lanzafame.
Good post, some people seem to think that we have money to throw around like the PL clubs, Barca or Real Madrid. We are not in a position to do that, and even if we were it is not like Juventus, we balance the books.

Dec 26, 2004

Answer me in short Alen without a half page of statistics, numbers and explanations.

Do you think Secco did a fairly good job during the past three years?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 19)