Diego DONE DEAL(read posts #1 & #4786) (73 Viewers)

Who deserves credit for this signing?

• Secco

• Blanc

• Badass Devil

• Moggi

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

vimo

Apr 1, 2006
That's nonsense. Camoranesi would have the same role as he did under Lippi, Nedved is going to be replaced, and Sissoko will battle away just as hard as ever. Don't make silly nonsense excuses like that.
so you want a midfield with nedved - diego - camo and sissoko. good luck trying to get the ball off anyone. that's just too offensive. I may have exagerated, but if you put diego on the pitch, you surely have to change camo's behaviour. He just CANNOT cut inside the same way he did with a sisso - zanetti couple covering his ass. He'd literally step on diego's feet. And sissoko would definately need to get his long range passes right, otherwise we'd be doomed. With nedved it might be less of a problem, but nedved is anyway going to be replaced soon.
I'm just tired of people wanting to force diego into some formation. We're doing so well without a playmaker and without an attacking mid, why would anyone want to change that??? Look at milan, with their thousands of brasilian playmakers. They have kaka AND ronaldinho (whom i both rate at least on the same level as diego) and still they're system crashed against our line-up.

If i have to spend 20+m on diego and 'hope' everybody copes with the situation and changes so that the formation makes sense again then i'll pass, really, and i take the money and invest in a nedved-successor and some defense-reinforcement.

It's not that diego is a bad player or anything. He may be the world's best upcoming attacking mid. - but why do we have to change a winning team for anyone?

and to the real-thing; if they really do make that diego-vdv swap, i think it would be the best thing they could do. Another shitload of shirts sold!

Orgut

Dec 31, 2002
so you want a midfield with nedved - diego - camo and sissoko. good luck trying to get the ball off anyone. that's just too offensive. I may have exagerated, but if you put diego on the pitch, you surely have to change camo's behaviour. He just CANNOT cut inside the same way he did with a sisso - zanetti couple covering his ass. He'd literally step on diego's feet. And sissoko would definately need to get his long range passes right, otherwise we'd be doomed. With nedved it might be less of a problem, but nedved is anyway going to be replaced soon.
I'm just tired of people wanting to force diego into some formation. We're doing so well without a playmaker and without an attacking mid, why would anyone want to change that??? Look at milan, with their thousands of brasilian playmakers. They have kaka AND ronaldinho (whom i both rate at least on the same level as diego) and still they're system crashed against our line-up.

If i have to spend 20+m on diego and 'hope' everybody copes with the situation and changes so that the formation makes sense again then i'll pass, really, and i take the money and invest in a nedved-successor and some defense-reinforcement.

It's not that diego is a bad player or anything. He may be the world's best upcoming attacking mid. - but why do we have to change a winning team for anyone?

and to the real-thing; if they really do make that diego-vdv swap, i think it would be the best thing they could do. Another shitload of shirts sold!
Actually I think it would work well as Camo is an offensive player but still defends Nedved the same as Camo and Sissoko is all about defending with Diego it would remind our 98 midfield with Zidane Davids Di Livio and Deschamps...

anyway Diego would come for the retiring Nedved which would mean attacking player out attacking player in so nothing would be ruined

and third thing why should we change our winning team? my no` 1 reason is you maybe a bit confused but we never won anything since Calciopoli and you can`t put all the blame on Ranieri...

Marc

Softcore Juventino
Jul 14, 2006
Actually I would like us to get both and play
Silva-Diego-Sissoko-Camoranesi midfield
ofcourse we could also put Diego in a more advanced role but my guess he could fit in this role as well
I'd prefer a player like Aquilani rather than Diego in that formation. I just don't think Diego is that decisive to win us trophies. He would improve our side but he's not the only one out there nor the best one.

vimo

Apr 1, 2006
Actually I think it would work well as Camo is an offensive player but still defends Nedved the same as Camo and Sissoko is all about defending with Diego it would remind our 98 midfield with Zidane Davids Di Livio and Deschamps...

anyway Diego would come for the retiring Nedved which would mean attacking player out attacking player in so nothing would be ruined

and third thing why should we change our winning team? my no` 1 reason is you maybe a bit confused but we never won anything since Calciopoli and you can`t put all the blame on Ranieri...
diego for nedved? may i ask WHY?? Why change an outstanding left offensive midfielder, whose qualities are obvious to everyone with a right-footed attacking mid? It's all because of that hype around this diego, and this has nothing to do with a good tactic. We need a LM and we should get a LM. I don't see what so difficult to understand there...
It's easy; if you put an AM on the pitch, then camo cannot continue his play and HAS to step backwards to help sissoko winning balls and giving the ball to our playmaker. It's not that camo wouldn't do it, but i wonder why anyone would want to take away ANY of the immense offensive potential camo has to offer.

Clearly we haven't won anything since calciopoli, but we're on a damn good way if you're asking me... I for one surely won't regret not having played with an AMC, and i wonder why so many of you do.

There's too much hype around him for my taste, and i'm watching the bundesliga and his form is far from constant, and he hasn't shined lately except by strangling another player...

gjergji10

Jan 4, 2009
:flag:
It's not a mistery that Juventus are interested in Werder Bremen star Diego, and, after his father's journey in Italy and Sports Director Alessio Secco's mission in Germany the Brazilian player and the Piemontese club seem very close to find an agreement. Of course convincing Werder to sell the player will be extremely hard, but in the mid time Juventus trainer Claudio Ranieri seems to have convinced himself about the possibility for Diego to become Nedved's heir.

Dostoevsky

Tzu
Administrator
May 27, 2007
:flag:
It's not a mistery that Juventus are interested in Werder Bremen star Diego, and, after his father's journey in Italy and Sports Director Alessio Secco's mission in Germany the Brazilian player and the Piemontese club seem very close to find an agreement. Of course convincing Werder to sell the player will be extremely hard, but in the mid time Juventus trainer Claudio Ranieri seems to have convinced himself about the possibility for Diego to become Nedved's heir.
That's 2 days old.

and no need for triple posts.

Ramin

vBookie Champion
Nov 18, 2003

If Silva is really going to be on the market, keeping in mind Valencia's financial issues, then we should forget about Diego once and for all.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 73)