Camoranesi Tacchinardi Perrotta Rothen

Drogba Del Piero

Am I being unrealistic?
I love this speculation, so this would be my team:

---------------------Buffon-----------------------
Thuram-----Ferrari----Mexes---Jankulovski
Zambrotta--Maresca---Tacchi---Nedved---
-----------------DP-----Gila----------------------

DP as supportive forward of course... I think that this scenario isn't that unrealistic, except that new defensive line... This could be good too:

---------------------Buffon-----------------------
Thuram-----Ferrari----Mexes----Zambrotta
Fiore-------Maresca-----Tacchi------Nedved
------------------DP------Gila-------------------

Depends on the coach who will go and who will come of course...

The Arif

Jan 31, 2004
Juventus in talks with Marseille over Drogba

Juventus officials will make contact with Olympique Marseille today about striker Didier Drogba.
Marseille chief Pape Diouf, who is also Drogba's agent, insists the forward is not for sale. But Juve had a scout watch the player last night and officials will approach the French club today to discuss Drogba's availability.

Juve are prepared to pay around £12 million for the striker, who could arrive in Turin as a replacement for want-away French forward David Trezeguet.

Stu

Jul 14, 2002
Hmm... Drogba's good, and I like him, but Gilardino and Smith are just as good and would most likely be acquired for a lower fee. If we're to spend big on a striker I want it to be Morientes.

Stu

Jul 14, 2002
Yeah, Gilardino is the man, but following his poker against Udinese I'm starting to get a tad bit worried. Today's performance has certainly captured the attention of other clubs around the world and that scares me :scared:

gray

Apr 22, 2003
++ [ originally posted by Stuart ] ++
Yeah, Gilardino is the man, but following his poker against Udinese I'm starting to get a tad bit worried. Today's performance has certainly captured the attention of other clubs around the world and that scares me :scared:
That's true :down: The thing is, we already had our eye on him and we had very few competitors for his signature, Roma being one of them :LOL: At least it helps that he's a Juve fan :)

Stu

Jul 14, 2002
Yeah, him being a Juve supporter definitely gives us an advantage that no club in the world can take away, unless Gila's a glory hunter and decides to start backing Milan :D

Stu

Jul 14, 2002
Neither would I, but they just won Lo Scudetto, secured the Champions' League title in 2003, and are currently the best team in the world along with Arsenal so...

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
Along with Arsenal? Come on Stu, Arsenal is not what you think. Strip them from Henry, and they would be even worse than Inter Milan. I hate it when everyone says Arsenal are the best team in the world, cuz they are most certainly not.

Eaglesnake_1

Mar 28, 2004
++ [ originally posted by Andrea Becchi ] ++
Along with Arsenal? Come on Stu, Arsenal is not what you think. Strip them from Henry, and they would be even worse than Inter Milan . I hate it when everyone says Arsenal are the best team in the world, cuz they are most certainly not.
Hey, Andy, get serious here. Dont even compare Arsenal with Inter.
you said arsenal is just Henry. Then Vieira, Pires, Lundjberg, Berkamp are just crap ???:eek::eek::eek:

Im not even sympathise with the team, but, yes, i recognise it was playing a fantastic football this season. I suppose thats why they have won two titles in a row.....;)

gray

Apr 22, 2003
Vieira and Pires aren't crap, they do a great job, but without Henry, Arsenal would just be an okay team.

I mean come on, he's played 36 times for them and scored 29 goals this season. Those goals came in 19 games, and they've won 16 and drawn 3 when Henry's scored.

I know that was just a bunch of numbers, but in this case, the statistics really do speak for themselves.

Jul 12, 2002
++ [ originally posted by Graham ] ++
Vieira and Pires aren't crap, they do a great job, but without Henry, Arsenal would just be an okay team.

I mean come on, he's played 36 times for them and scored 29 goals this season. Those goals came in 19 games, and they've won 16 and drawn 3 when Henry's scored.

I know that was just a bunch of numbers, but in this case, the statistics really do speak for themselves.
So what? So their best player is the best player on the team, it happens everywhere. I don't understand why you have a grudge against Arsenal just because their best player is the focus of the team. If we had a player of Henry calibre, then we'd play that way too.

Jul 28, 2002
take vieira away and arsenal have a shaky midfield. Take cambell away they have a shakey defence....

arsenal are a tema, its jus so happens there best player is the best player in the world.

Eaglesnake_1

Mar 28, 2004
Lets be honest here. I hate the gunners, but is perfectly obvious that they are playing a very good football this season. Very offensive, inspirated and playing...AT FIRST TOUCH. Ibe seen this season the full serie a, la liga and EPL, and the only teams that are playing consistantly at first touch are arsenal and valencia....

gray

Apr 22, 2003
++ [ originally posted by Ian ] ++
So what? So their best player is the best player on the team, it happens everywhere. I don't understand why you have a grudge against Arsenal just because their best player is the focus of the team. If we had a player of Henry calibre, then we'd play that way too.
Of course it's natural that they're centering their play around the key man, but I'm sick of Arsenal fans saying that they've got the best team in the world, because IMO the fact that they've got no depth in their squad prevents that from being so. Take away Henry and you've got an attractive team that can play well sometimes, definitely not a team that can go through a season undefeated

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 3)