Didier Drogba - ST - Galatasaray (23 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Klin

نحن الروبوتات
May 27, 2009
I don't think this is a great transfer tbh. Yet another Anelka, Bendtner scenario. Don't see many top clubs making moves like this.
Exactly.

Because topclubs already have players like Drogba on the bench.
City has Dzeko or Negredo
ManU has Chicharito
Chelsea has Torres
Real has Morata
Atletico has Villa/Diego
Bayern has Gotze/Muller

And we have Quag/Vucinic
Read that post out loud and see again if it makes sense.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Bartolo

May 18, 2014
Well he's playing as a Winger now. And i'm saying even if we treat him like a striker he'd be our least capable striker. He's not a solution to anything at this point in his career

Also he has the lowest shot conversion rate out of all the forwards in the league. So if you think he's going to come off of the bench and smash a goal in with his first sniff you're wrong. I wouldn't trust him to start upfront for us against a top Serie A side let alone in the Champions League.

Of course, part of the reason for his low shot conversion is his constant cutting in and shooting. But that's no excuse ad he's hardly the only forward in the league that shoots from outside the box.

Why are we overrating such an average talent? Immobile I understand as he was amazing this year. Gabbiadini... Overrated purely because he's connected to us.
he is technically better than immobile imo, but immobile is clearly the better finisher. he would not be a starter simply for rotation and starting vs the cagliaris, chievos, etc.and you have to consider that gabbiadini has little to no creative support so he has to create his own space for chances.

ALC

Ohaulick
Oct 28, 2010
:shifty: He was always a bad player.. how can you even compare those two..
I mean the whole "get a player just for a year" thing.

Because topclubs already have players like Drogba on the bench.
City has Dzeko or Negredo
ManU has Chicharito
Chelsea has Torres
Real has Morata
Atletico has Villa/Diego
Bayern has Gotze/Muller

And we have Quag/Vucinic
Yeah, those guys are levels above Drogba, on par with our starters and still relatively young. Getting Drogba just to get rid of him in a year doesn't make sense and he can't contribute nearly as much as the players you mentioned.

Oh no , far from it. Anelka had some interesting seasons and thats it...that was on his prime. Bendner is a born loser and doesnt count.

Drogba on the other hand was top tier world beater, the best in the world on his prime. Like a god in comparison with those 2 rejects.
Was. Isn't anymore.

Pirlo's Beard

Junkie Joe Joyce
Oct 2, 2013
he is technically better than immobile imo, but immobile is clearly the better finisher. he would not be a starter simply for rotation and starting vs the cagliaris, chievos, etc.and you have to consider that gabbiadini has little to no creative support so he has to create his own space for chances.
Yes but the point is Gabbiadini would only be fit to play in matches against lowly Serie A teams. We need bench options that can come on in BIG games and not be phased. Hence for now Drogba is a better option.

Come on, who would you seriously like to see start a CL knockout game away in Madrid/Barcelona/Manchester due to an injury

Drogba? Or an unproven Winger/forward who scored a couple of goals for Sampdoria.

Hydde

Minimiliano Tristelli
Mar 6, 2003
Don't see many top clubs making moves like this.
Obvs. thats because we are poor like a begger in comparison to them. I thought we all had that very clear.

Be grateful if we do at least one big purchase this summer. Im not being negative, but we just cannot financially compete with them as we are. You know that.

chester

Too busy to bother
May 20, 2006
IYeah, those guys are levels above Drogba, on par with our starters and still relatively young. Getting Drogba just to get rid of him in a year doesn't make sense and he can't contribute nearly as much as the players you mentioned.
In SerieA, I think he can, if Toni can then why shouldn't he be able to do so if used according to his qualities

ALC

Ohaulick
Oct 28, 2010
Obvs. thats because we are poor like a begger in comparison to them. I thought we all had that very clear.

Be grateful if we do at least one big purchase this summer. Im not being negative, but we just cannot financially compete with them as we are. You know that.
Yeah, I know that. I'm just saying I'd rather get a youngster who can challenge Llorente for a spot instead of Drogba who will end up leaving next year after collecting a check just for sitting on the bench. He's not fast anymore, we apparently need him for CL and our biggest setback is our lack of speed. Drogba won't be helping as far as that goes.

Bartolo

May 18, 2014
Yes but the point is Gabbiadini would only be fit to play in matches against lowly Serie A teams. We need bench options that can come on in BIG games and not be phased. Hence for now Drogba is a better option.

Come on, who would you seriously like to see start a CL knockout game away in Madrid/Barcelona/Manchester due to an injury

Drogba? Or an unproven Winger/forward who scored a couple of goals for Sampdoria.
big games Drogba definitley but he must accept lower wages if not he can gtfo
gabbiadini is a homegrown player and had a solid season in a creatively starved team. gabbiadini deserves atleast a preseason wih us

ALC

Ohaulick
Oct 28, 2010
That is obvious. But im pretty sure he is twice the striker in comparison with all our current benchwarmers.
Your point?
Our current benchwarmers suck dick. Simply being better than them isn't enough. He has to be better than the competition.

chester

Too busy to bother
May 20, 2006
But again, our problem is not really the league now, is it?
No, but it is clear we need to rotate more and with Drogba, we can use him for SerieA and keep Llorente and/or Tevez for CL, I feel much more confident with Drogba in the team for a match against a SerieA team then with Quag or Vucinic, if used correct.

chester

Too busy to bother
May 20, 2006
Our current benchwarmers suck dick. Simply being better than them isn't enough. He has to be better than the competition.
We don't have cash to buy only competitors for the current starters, especially if we also need one or two quality wingers and a LB.

Pirlo's Beard

Junkie Joe Joyce
Oct 2, 2013
And I've said for a long time that simply upgrading our bench would help us in Europe as it keeps our key players fit by not using them 3 days before against some fodder Serie A side.

So even if Drogba barely gets a game in the CL, he can start the games directly before a big CL match and finally we'll have our key players fit and rested.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 22)