Didier Deschamps (4 Viewers)

Goodfella

Nov 11, 2012

.zero

★ ★ ★
Aug 8, 2006
Happy bday to a great Juventino as a player and a coach.

I wonder what the possibilities could have been if our management didn't fuck up and did retain his services as HC...

Xperd

Allegrophobic Infidel
Jun 1, 2012
Prandelli is just an improved version of Ranieri.I'm sorry but we'd just downgrade ourselves if we go after him.Gotta be the most overrated coach in and around th Italian football circle.People give him far too much credit for what he is.

Hængebøffer

Jun 4, 2009
Actually, you're right DD is probably better. I would take them both in a heartbeat, though. Could be fun trying DD again + I would love to see a non Italian coach, but that has more to do with this forum.

Xperd

Allegrophobic Infidel
Jun 1, 2012
He's not the one to take this Juventus to the next level.He has a certain level within himself and he wont go beyond that.

Sorry i just dont see this 'winning mentality' in him.He's the type of coach who would be satisfied with a draw in big games instead of going for the killer.Need to be ruthless like Conte and i just dont see that in Prandelli.

Secondly the guy tinkers too much ,much like the Tinkerman himself.On one hand you have stubborn coaches who dont change their strategy even when its desperately needed and on the opposite end you have coaches like him tinkering with formations and players all the time.For example i dont know why was there even in a need to change the formation to 4-3-1-2 against Spain when it was quite clear the 3-5-2 nullified them in the groups.Imagine him making costly mistakes like these in vital CL games.

Anyways ,i dont like to judge coaches on NT level coz its entirely different from club level.Even Zaccheroni is doing a great job at NT level to give you some perspective.

Prandelli maybe would be a good choice for teams in rebuilding mode ,not for this Juve.I would see it as a backwards move if at all Conte leaves and we replace him with Prandelli.

Hængebøffer

Jun 4, 2009
Dude, I can't take it serious when you talk about specific games that suits your opinion.
And you don't know anything about him taking it to the next level, when he has never coached a team in that position.

Red

-------
Nov 26, 2006
Prandelli is just an improved version of Ranieri.I'm sorry but we'd just downgrade ourselves if we go after him.Gotta be the most overrated coach in and around th Italian football circle.People give him far too much credit for what he is.
:howler:

- - - Updated - - -

i would love to see the verona manager. he is doing so much with so many crappy players.
Good idea.

Remember when Chievo did brilliantly when they were promoted about ten years ago?

Maybe Juve should go for the coach that did so well with them.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 4)