Didier Deschamps (4 Viewers)

Cheesio

Jul 11, 2006
Marseille boss Didier Deschamps has admitted he regrets leaving Serie A giants Juventus to be manager of the Ligue 1 outfit.

The Frenchman was believed to be close to departing the Stade Velodrome after interest from Roma and English Premier League side Chelsea earlier this month.

But on June 7, Deschamps committed his future to the French runners-up.

He admitted on Sunday he still had regrets about leaving Turin after helping Juventus back to the Serie A in 2007.

“My departure from Juve remains a regret, a mistake that learnt me one thing – never make an immediate decision. I’ve paid for such an experience,” Deschamps told L’Equipe.

“I have been labelled 'unmanageable’ but by staying at Marseille I can show that labels are sometimes wrong.”

“I stayed at OM because it was my first option, because the major shareholders have always shown exemplary behaviour towards me.”

Deschamps said he had spoken to club chairman Vincent Labrune and it had been agreed decisions about the club would be solely in his hands.

Despite admitting he had turned down offers to move from Marseille, he said he was happy with the way his club was progressing.

“The club will also celebrate its 20th year anniversary of the UEFA Champions League victory in 2013 and I want to be a part of it,” Deschamps said.

“But I had choices. I had propositions, notably one which made me seriously think about, but I didn’t want to leave Marseille for a club which is not really of upper level.”

Deschamps will be out to go one better than last season in Ligue 1, when they finished second behind champions Lille.

And he revealed he would be looking to make some personnel changes ahead of the new campaign, including the potential sale of striker Lucho Gonzalez.

“I need some fresh blood so there will be three or four reinforcements,” he said. “I want to regenerate the bench too, let some fringe players leave.”

“I want Lucho to stay, but I won’t refuse his departure if all the conditions are gathered.”
I really think if we asked Didier to coach us, he would've said yes

Buy on AliExpress.com

JBF

اختك يا زمن
Aug 5, 2006
Regardless of how Conte or any other coach end up achieving with Juve, I'd love to see this guy given another shot here. He fucking deserves it.

ALC

Ohaulick
Oct 28, 2010
I couldn't care less. I like what he's done with Marseille too. Very entertaining team to watch and he's got a great eye for youngsters.

I still wish Conte he best and will support him all the way.

.zero

★ ★ ★
Aug 8, 2006
Happy bday to our former player/coach :pint:

I'd like to apologize on the clubs behalf for treating you like shit. I never wanted you out in the first place. We would've been back in the mix of things if our management had some sense.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 4)