Didier Deschamps (3 Viewers)

v1rtu4l

Mar 4, 2008
You do know that the grass is always greener at the other side, right?

And before you say anything, I already had my share of troll-burgers today, I'm quite full.
sorry, but i can not wait for you to get appetite for trollburgers again, so i can as well post right now.

i dare to say that deschamps taking over juve to play in serie b and win it is as much of an achievement as mourinho taking over inter and winning the serie a.

the squad was just way superior ... hell, nocerino still does play in serie a, so one of our worst players was still a serie a-quality player (mediocre but still).

so how can we actually rate deschamps for beating teams with a way superior squad :andyandbarcelona:

Buy on AliExpress.com

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
Apr 2, 2007
sorry, but i can not wait for you to get appetite for trollburgers again, so i can as well post right now.

i dare to say that deschamps taking over juve to play in serie b and win it is as much of an achievement as mourinho taking over inter and winning the serie a.

the squad was just way superior ... hell, nocerino still does play in serie a, so one of our worst players was still a serie a-quality player (mediocre but still).

so how can we actually rate deschamps
for beating teams with a way superior squad :andyandbarcelona:
By his record with other teams.
He indeed didn't look anything special in serie B, but when you think about it he didn't even need to look special. That team was gonna win it as they did win it with every professional coach.
So even though you can't rate him as a Juve coach, you can form an opinion of him as Monaco and Marseille coach.

With Marseille he won the league in his first season and that wasn't easy to achieve in a league that has Bordeaux and Lyon. I had my suspicions too until this season, but winning the league with Marseille after he made the CL final with Monaco in 2004, means that he's not a fluke coach and there really is something about him.

And even in his second year as a coach, he made the 2nd place in France with Monaco, losing the title by just 1 point. Let me remind you that the title winner was the strong Lyon who were superior every other year but that one. The next season he made that CL final and secured another CL season with Monaco by winning the 3rd place.

Actually, looking at his career as a coach you see these achievements:
2nd place
3rd place and a CL final
3rd place
1st place in serie B
1st place in France

That's not too bad for a relatively young coach (41 years).

Of course, you can say that Italy isn't France and it's different football, but his advantage is that he knows this football too because he played in Italy for 5 years and even coached there.

v1rtu4l

Mar 4, 2008
i must admit that i did not follow didier after leaving us and i suspect its the same with most of the people here and this is where my doubt originates.

just the love for an old player and coach tends to influence many peoples opinions here (just like when ferrara was appointed and all the crap-talk about giving nedved a coach-assistant role).

if you say he did good in france, i will take that and believe you. the stats you gave look indeed promising.

i wont say "france is crap and serie a is 10 times harder" since i do not follow the french league at all, but i have my doubts about this "deschamps would be the saviour in x-times better than ranieri, del neri, ferrara and zaccheroni combined".

lets just see what the future holds for him and us

El Santo

El Enmascarado de Plata
Nov 26, 2008
By his record with other teams.
He indeed didn't look anything special in serie B, but when you think about it he didn't even need to look special. That team was gonna win it as they did win it with every professional coach.
So even though you can't rate him as a Juve coach, you can form an opinion of him as Monaco and Marseille coach.

With Marseille he won the league in his first season and that wasn't easy to achieve in a league that has Bordeaux and Lyon. I had my suspicions too until this season, but winning the league with Marseille after he made the CL final with Monaco in 2004, means that he's not a fluke coach and there really is something about him.

And even in his second year as a coach, he made the 2nd place in France with Monaco, losing the title by just 1 point. Let me remind you that the title winner was the strong Lyon who were superior every other year but that one. The next season he made that CL final and secured another CL season with Monaco by winning the 3rd place.

Actually, looking at his career as a coach you see these achievements:
2nd place
3rd place and a CL final
3rd place
1st place in serie B
1st place in France

That's not too bad for a relatively young coach (41 years).

Of course, you can say that Italy isn't France and it's different football, but his advantage is that he knows this football too because he played in Italy for 5 years and even coached there.
His Monaco side lost against Mourinho's Porto in the CL Final that year. If DD would of won that final, he would of been dubbed the special one, not Mourinho. :shifty:

All jokes aside, I believe DD is a good coach and I can't wait to see how far can he take Marseille in the CL. If he's successful, we could possibly see him as our new coach much sooner.

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
Apr 2, 2007
i must admit that i did not follow didier after leaving us and i suspect its the same with most of the people here and this is where my doubt originates.
There was nothing much to follow :)
After Juve he took a 2 year break from coaching. Then last year he took over Marseille and immediately won them the league. And that was Marseille first trophy in the league after 1992.
Granted, he took over a solid team which was already one of the better teams in the country , but with the addition of Lucho Gonzalez, Diawara, Edouard Cisse, Mbia, Abriel, Heinze and Brandao, he made lots of changes and made them champions of France . He even made some changes which are (from what I read, though, since I didn't watch them much) considered as crucial for the success of the team. Apart from a new formation he also found new spots for some players. M'bia was a DM who was transformed into a CB and is now recognized as one of the best CBs in France.

if you say he did good in france, i will take that and believe you. the stats you gave look indeed promising.
I'm going by those stats too unfortunately. They do give a solid impression. At 35 (Del Piero's current age) he already took an average Monaco team to the CL final, by eliminating Real Madrid and Ranieri's Chelsea in the quarters and semis, before being beaten by Mourinho in the final. In the next season he didn't really improve, but managed to keep Monaco at the top and gave them CL place.
Then followed his Juve episode, two years out of football and a winning come back with Marseille.
Looks good and looks like he knows his job. Plus the youth is on his side. He is younger than Ferrara, but he already has trophies and success behind him, so we can't really make a comparison and fear his youth.
i wont say "france is crap and serie a is 10 times harder" since i do not follow the french league at all, but i have my doubts about this "deschamps would be the saviour in x-times better than ranieri, del neri, ferrara and zaccheroni combined".

lets just see what the future holds for him and us
Sure. People are sick of the latest failures so are looking for hope. Deschamps fits the bill, especially since he's an-ex Juve player.
But it can't be denied that his coaching career gives promises.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)