Didier Deschamps (3 Viewers)

Mike-e-y

Jul 18, 2004
Again with the Boumsong BS. Who the FUCK would want to come to play in Serie B?

Boumsong was the only option.
Its not bullshit its reality, boumsong was signed by DD at his request and he was a complete waste of money, not even serie b level, he should have signed promising youngsters not a proven waste of space.

Although in fairness when we got into serie a DD did show ambition with the players he wanted to sign unlike our senior management, I dont think he was any better a manager than the shit we have at the moment let alone good enough to take us up to title challengers but I give him credit for having the balls to stand up to the board. Ranieri is just a lapdog, which is why he will remain for the forseeable

Buy on AliExpress.com

Mike-e-y

Jul 18, 2004
please do, otherwise so far it sounds and smells like bullshit
lol whatever

I fail to see that but suit yourself, obviously ranieri saying i didnt want to sign tiago isnt a slight indication for you.

and by the way this is a forum, everyone is entitled to their own opinions and they dont need physical proof to express those opinions

Mike-e-y

Jul 18, 2004
Absolutely, but it does help your case/opinion/PoV if you can back your claims
well no one can have stone wall proof that Ranieri is afraid to stick up to his seniors but I have my reasons for believing. Firstly it is because DD left because the board wouldnt allow him the freedom to do his job as he saw fit - why would this be any different for ranieri? why would they let a newcomer have freedom when they denied the man who got us promoted from B that exact same freedom? In my eyes they wouldn't so they got in Ranieri the yes man

Also ranieri said he didnt want Tiago, I am assuming the same for almiron as he got absolutely 0 first team chances, as soon as he made a mistake he was out for good. That to me implies he was just going along with superiors decisions rather than having the conviction to take his own risks.

I also see the backing that he is getting at the moment as an indication of him being a yes man. Although we are not in a full blown crisis we have been bloody awful and dont even look like a team anymore. Most managers would be under immense pressure right now - look at ancelotti earlier in the season, however ranieri is being backed left right and centre. Its good that we are not being trigger happy with firing coaches ala zamparini but I dont understand why it doesn't seem to be on the boards mind. It seems obvious that Ranieri has lost the dressing room and he has certainly lost the fans so surely the only option is the boot?

Mike-e-y

Jul 18, 2004
I couldn't agree more they need to go as well but in reality it wont happen unless some consortium of billionaires fancy breaking the trend and investing in serie a

Apr 15, 2006
one thing about most of these multi-millionares it that they readily show their interest of making their new club amongst the best of the best! their actions also justify the same. so considering our "DNA", a takeover like that would seem the right thing now! the aftereffects are totally debatable, but it seems almost ANYBODY else would be better than the guys we have at the helm right now!

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
Its not bullshit its reality, boumsong was signed by DD at his request and he was a complete waste of money, not even serie b level, he should have signed promising youngsters not a proven waste of space.

Although in fairness when we got into serie a DD did show ambition with the players he wanted to sign unlike our senior management, I dont think he was any better a manager than the shit we have at the moment let alone good enough to take us up to title challengers but I give him credit for having the balls to stand up to the board. Ranieri is just a lapdog, which is why he will remain for the forseeable
Again, we needed players to replace Cannavaro and Thuram while we were demoted to Serie B. Trust me, anybody who plays frequently in a top division wouldn't want to sign on for a club that was just relegated. Boumsong was, at the time, probably the best option as sad as it is. Deschamps had his hands tied and went with the option he's familiar with. Can't blame him here IMO.

Mike-e-y

Jul 18, 2004
Again, we needed players to replace Cannavaro and Thuram while we were demoted to Serie B. Trust me, anybody who plays frequently in a top division wouldn't want to sign on for a club that was just relegated. Boumsong was, at the time, probably the best option as sad as it is. Deschamps had his hands tied and went with the option he's familiar with. Can't blame him here IMO.
Fair enough i see your point, there weren't many alternatives out there but on a personal level i wouldn't have signed him in serie c let alone for the price we paid, newcastle should have paid us!

Maybe DD thought he could turn boumsong into a good player and with all due respect to the boy he did have all the right attributes: he was quick, strong, good in the air, had good anticipation and could tackle well but the guy just couldnt concentrate for more than 5 minutes at a time. We were after givet and faty at the time, and they are by no means great but i cant help to think they would have been better than jean-alain. O well deschamps took a risk and fair play to him for doing that, signings aside though I never really rated him on a tactical level

Red

-------
Nov 26, 2006

As much as I dislike Boumsong, I can understand why he was bought.

I have chosen not to hold any of that summer's actions against the Board due to the difficulty of the circumstances. That and the fact that there has been plenty other stuff to complain about since...

dao_nq

Feb 6, 2008
I really like DD, I wish the board would give him another chance.

Backtrack to two years ago, our players wore black bands in their hands to remind they're the champions and we always the spirit to fight. Why don't our squad do the same now so that it would increase the determination, unity and winning spirit?

Yamen

Apr 20, 2007
DD wont come back for such a board. They let him go in a cheap why and for sure his pride wont allow it. He's French you know :)

PLust that I read yesterday in the news that he is going to replace Dominek to coach France national team.

.zero

★ ★ ★
Aug 8, 2006
DD wont come back for such a board. They let him go in a cheap why and for sure his pride wont allow it. He's French you know :)

PLust that I read yesterday in the news that he is going to replace Dominek to coach France national team.
i agree, there is no way he would come back to work for these idiots. btw i hope he does finally replace that moron domenech to coach the NT

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)