Didier Deschamps (7 Viewers)

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
Do you really think what DD said is constructive, Andy?? or lets at least say necessary.
It's not like Deschamps walked into Gazzetta or whatever and said, "HERE, tell them this." It was an interview. In an interview, the reporter usually asks the questions. And the person being interviewed responds.

Deschamps was talking about his life out of football and was asked questions about what he would have done with Juventus if he didn't quit. So what? How is that hurting anything? Deschamps is entitled to his opinion and did far more for JUVENTUS than Secco, Ranieri, or anybody else on the board. What is so wrong with him giving his opinion?

I guess great deeds are indeed forgotten.

Thunderball

May 4, 2007
I can't believe you people are so quick to discredit and bash a Juventus legend. Don't you remember what he did for us, on the pitch and off?
I don't really think anyone is bashing him... we're just saying its easy to use retrospect, and its tough to say that he'd do a much better job than Ranieri when he too wanted Sissoko, and brought in Boumsong, which everyone knew was a mistake.

He was a good coach and a definite Juventus legend.

However, what he said didn't add anything, and came off as petty. He did not have to offer names and go into details in the interview.

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
I don't really think anyone is bashing him... we're just saying its easy to use retrospect, and its tough to say that he'd do a much better job than Ranieri when he too wanted Sissoko, and brought in Boumsong, which everyone knew was a mistake.

He was a good coach and a definite Juventus legend.

However, what he said didn't add anything, and came off as petty. He did not have to offer names and go into details in the interview.
Who the hell cares? It was an interview, okay?

People are bashing Deschamps... just look back through this hole thread.

Boumsong was a signing for Serie B and don't say that you thought he wouldn't be useful in Serie B. Basing Deschamps' decision-making on Boumsong is pretty ridiculous, yet people do it anyway. What top defender would switch clubs just to play in B? Nesta?

Thunderball

May 4, 2007
Who the hell cares? It was an interview, okay?

People are bashing Deschamps... just look back through this hole thread.

Boumsong was a signing for Serie B and don't say that you thought he wouldn't be useful in Serie B. Basing Deschamps' decision-making on Boumsong is pretty ridiculous, yet people do it anyway. What top defender would switch clubs just to play in B? Nesta?
You certainly don't sign a flop for something like 5 million euro, and pay him 2.5m euro on a team that is supposedly trying to keep costs down.

Would you get a top defender? Nope. But you can't tell me Boumsong is a top defender. Could you get a more capable defender who is way more cost-effective? You bet.

I just don't see why Deschamps is immune from criticism for such an obvious blunder. Like I said, he was a good coach, but he is not without fault.

Dec 26, 2004
@Andy: It is not wrong... it is just useless at least from our club point of view.

DD is a legend and sure he has done far more for Juve than this lousy board... but what he just said makes him no bigger legend and this why I feel no need to worship him for what he said... I've said it before and I will say it again... DD is a one of my all time favorite and I believe our borad treated him so disrespectfully but the last interview is simply useless for Juve now.

Bozi

The Bozman
Administrator
Oct 18, 2005
I can't believe you people are so quick to discredit and bash a Juventus legend. Don't you remember what he did for us, on the pitch and off?

You people make me sick.
andy mate i agree with you in principle, bashing deshamps is a terrible and sickening act, imagine these same folk doing it to davids,ferarra,del piero.....in 10 years time once they ahve been manager

however, it does reek a bit of cynicism when a manager claims he would ahve signed so many world class players after he leaves.
sure i believe he may have wanted these players but lets look at the prices they would have commanded and then looka t juve's total outlay for the summer in spending, there is a vast difference.
is this percieved lack of ambition what pushed didi out the door, or is he trying to talk up his eye for talent to make him catch the eye of chairmen who are looking for a canny coach in the summer?

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
andy mate i agree with you in principle, bashing deshamps is a terrible and sickening act, imagine these same folk doing it to davids,ferarra,del piero.....in 10 years time once they ahve been manager

however, it does reek a bit of cynicism when a manager claims he would ahve signed so many world class players after he leaves.
sure i believe he may have wanted these players but lets look at the prices they would have commanded and then looka t juve's total outlay for the summer in spending, there is a vast difference.
is this percieved lack of ambition what pushed didi out the door, or is he trying to talk up his eye for talent to make him catch the eye of chairmen who are looking for a canny coach in the summer?
But where does it say Deschamps would have purchased those players? All he has stated is that he asked for those players and that the board already wanted Tiago and Almiron. What exactly is wrong with that if that's the truth, which I'm pretty sure is?

And come on, who in their right mind is dumb enough to hire somebody just because he states he'd ask for players?

Bozi

The Bozman
Administrator
Oct 18, 2005
But where does it say Deschamps would have purchased those players? All he has stated is that he asked for those players and that the board already wanted Tiago and Almiron. What exactly is wrong with that if that's the truth, which I'm pretty sure is?

And come on, who in their right mind is dumb enough to hire somebody just because he states he'd ask for players?
he is saying he wanted these players, making the juve fans wish that he had stayed, even though we rpobably would not have gotten them(damned board) basically he is putting himself in the spotlight and trying to show himself as a master at eyeing players.

oh and newcastle are that dumb, no shit they really are

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
he is saying he wanted these players, making the juve fans wish that he had stayed, even though we rpobably would not have gotten them(damned board) basically he is putting himself in the spotlight and trying to show himself as a master at eyeing players.

oh and newcastle are that dumb, no shit they really are
Well, the Juve supporters that know what they're talking about have been wishing Deschamps stayed on ever since it was obvious the board was not willing to work with him. Even today we have fans who supported sacking Deschamps asking for him back... what a big fucking surprise that is. Gloryhunters.

Forza Deschamps, fuck anybody who doesn't like him, including this imbecilic board.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 6)