Didier Deschamps (7 Viewers)

Dominic

Jan 30, 2004
http://www.lastampa.it/sport/cmsSezioni/quijuve/200801articoli/12882girata.asp

Interesting interview with Deschamps.

He is enjoying life, without being employed in the football world. He's playing Tennis, spends time with his kid and commentates football matches on tv.

He will not join a team mid-season. He speaks four languages, he does not think he'll have problems finding a new team.

He's learned much from his juve experience, but how it ended was dissapointing. Part of the reason why he did not return to work immediately, he had to get rid of the dissapointment.

He does not regret his decision to leave, but he admits he should learn to be more flexible. It was hard to leave the team after serie B and going on to something more beautiful. He just didn't feel confident, money was not the problem.

He asked for three big signings, so they could compete with anybody. He gave suggested several names, among those; Toni, Toure and Milito.

Deschamps didn't want Tiago and Almiron, but the club would take them at all costs.

Qualifying for the CL this season for juve, would be like winning the scudetto.

He'd return to another club in Italy, altough he has been brandend juve and foreign coaches seem to have been banned from italy.

Capello on the other hand, is coaching abroad. He wanted to coach a national team, and he got a presitious one. He finds it strange that England could not find their own manager, but football is a universal language.

It's strange that managers like Mourinho and Lippi aren't coaching right now.

He has good words for Donadoni, who was cordial. He always asked how DD's players were doing, opposed to Domenech, who didn't. He wishes france the best nonetheless, he loves his national team. He could not predict how another Italy-France final would end. Domenech provokes, but the Italians ecxagerate everything. It's a shame as France and Italy always used to respect eachother.

Anelka, Benzema, Ben Arfa, Menez, Nasri are good french players on the market. In france the young players ripe earlier, as they get first team chances. The youth training is excellent.

----------------

So.. possibly:

Buffon
Zebina Milito Chiellini Balzaretti
Camoranesi Toure Zanetti Nedved
Trezeguet Toni

vs

Buffon
Zebina Legrottaglie Chiellini Molinaro
Camoranesi Nocerino Zanetti Nedved
Iaquinta Trezeguet

Franky4Fingers

Mr. I'm Always Right
May 24, 2007
And according to another article, we were thrown into buying Tiago after missing out on Sissoko. (See Andy's Ranieri quote)
This article is conrtadicting that, according tot the fact that Juve were after Tiago (at all costs).
This doesn't make the stories/articles about our transfer policies last summer any more credible.

Someone says one sentence, and some bullsh*t reporter creates a page full of bullcrap around it.

I can't really be bothered by any of these articles actually.

Dominic

Jan 30, 2004
And according to another article, we were thrown into buying Tiago after missing out on Sissoko. (See Andy's Ranieri quote)
This article is conrtadicting that, according tot the fact that Juve were after Tiago (at all costs).
This doesn't make the stories/articles about our transfer policies last summer any more credible.

Someone says one sentence, and some bullsh*t reporter creates a page full of bullcrap around it.

I can't really be bothered by any of these articles actually.
L'uomo nero disspelled that myth, he said it was a lie. Of course, his version doesn't have to be the right version, but he sounds more reliable than sites like channel4, goal.com and similar garbage.

Franky4Fingers

Mr. I'm Always Right
May 24, 2007
L'uomo nero disspelled that myth, he said it was a lie. Of course, his version doesn't have to be the right version, but he sounds more reliable than sites like channel4, goal.com and similar garbage.
That may be so, but it's hard to decide who to believe. A misterious guy named lúomo nero, Deschamps (or the reporter that quotes him), Ranieri (or the reporter that quotes him) etc.

I do agree with you that the sites you named aren't the most reliable ones. They tend to create storms in glasses of water not even worth mentioning.

Amaurisimo

Dec 8, 2007
well , it could be that both articles are right.
Deschamps didn't want Tiago and Almiron, but the club would take them at all costs.
which means club already decided about this even before Ranieri got job , and when Ranieri said "we were thrown into buying Tiago after missing out on Sissoko"
i think he wanted only Sisoko, but Secco did not listen so he was covering for menagment, OR maybe he never said that..

So maybe someone should take of "silence is gold" from their signature :)

Oggy

and the Cockroaches
Dec 27, 2005
DD can talk now who he would want. But one thing is what he wish and other is reality. We tried for Milito and we couldn't get him, Kolo is even more impossible target and Toni is another BS. And if we even signed some of theese it seems that DD didn't want any midfielder which is also ridicoulus.

Thunderball

May 4, 2007
I liked DD... but this a bit annoying.

Sure, he would have done all these great things... but yet, his shining achievement was bringing in Boumsong... the most expensive reserve defender in Italy... Kolo Toure would be nice, but that was the only attainable guy on his list. Luca Toni was unattainable, and Milito they tried for. I believe he wanted Sissoko too.

swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003
I liked DD... but this a bit annoying.

Sure, he would have done all these great things... but yet, his shining achievement was bringing in Boumsong... the most expensive reserve defender in Italy... Kolo Toure would be nice, but that was the only attainable guy on his list. Luca Toni was unattainable, and Milito they tried for. I believe he wanted Sissoko too.
I'm with you on this one. People are ready to hang the board, but DD has all the benefit of hindsight to say anything he wants right now -- and Milito was too expensive, Toni was a pipe dream, and even Sissoko would have been insufficient to cover for the midfield without Almiron and Tiago in the picture.

He's leaving a lot of his mistaken suggestions out of this conversation, as everyone has their bone-headed transfer ideas that look bad in hindsight. DD included.

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
I can't believe you people are so quick to discredit and bash a Juventus legend. Don't you remember what he did for us, on the pitch and off?

You people make me sick.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 7)