Didier Deschamps (8 Viewers)

pitbull

Jul 26, 2007
Wouldnt pick him ahead of the likes of ZZ or Conte, but I'd hardly be sad if we signed DD at some point, he's a good coach and a Juve legend, not many of those around.

Kopanja

Jul 30, 2015
Don't know what Deschamps tactics people are talking about here. He played a completely different football here, in Monaco, in Marseille, and in France NT. And at the end of a day, he won everywhere.

IlCapitano

Dec 16, 2012
People don't like him because he plays 'ugly football' and that's a no go today. He is a great coach and knows a thing or two about tactics, unlike Zidane who is mostly a motivator and players coach and had the best team ever in his hands.

He also won't leave Turin after two months because his wife can't take the rain anymore.:D

Orgut

Dec 31, 2002
Agree.

Don't know why f.e. @Orgut rates Deschamps that high.
I rate Deschamps?! Since when?!
I didnt like him as a player and definitely not as a coach
I think you are talking about someone else..

- - - Updated - - -

Because Orgut always talks out of his ass when it comes to football?
Remind me who in the blue hell are you?! I dont remember a single post from you.. Probably because you are irrelevant..

Orgut

Dec 31, 2002
People don't like him because he plays 'ugly football' and that's a no go today. He is a great coach and knows a thing or two about tactics, unlike Zidane who is mostly a motivator and players coach and had the best team ever in his hands.

He also won't leave Turin after two months because his wife can't take the rain anymore.:D
Im not sure thats the reason..
Zidane won with the best team?! Good we are the best team arent we?!

IlCapitano

Dec 16, 2012
I am sure that's the reason. Main argument against him I've always seen on forums and social media is he's a coward, doesn't use full potential of his teams, prefers older players to young guys etc. 'Coincidentally' all the things people resent Allegri for, but somehow both of them keep winning.

I said 'best team ever'. I don't think we're the best team ever, or the greatest. He also had an incredible amount of luck and referee help in Europe, something we never had. I seriously doubt we would be treated the same way as Real Madrid, but maybe Ronaldo brings that with himself, we'll see.

Anyway, I always prefer tacticians over motivators because sooner or later that fire in your team flames out, but a smart and adaptable coach is always there. Not saying Zidane is not there or never will be there, but he hasn't shown it yet or didn't have to show it yet.

Orgut

Dec 31, 2002
I am sure that's the reason. Main argument against him I've always seen on forums and social media is he's a coward, doesn't use full potential of his teams, prefers older players to young guys etc. 'Coincidentally' all the things people resent Allegri for, but somehow both of them keep winning.

I said 'best team ever'. I don't think we're the best team ever, or the greatest. He also had an incredible amount of luck and referee help in Europe, something we never had. I seriously doubt we would be treated the same way as Real Madrid, but maybe Ronaldo brings that with himself, we'll see.

Anyway, I always prefer tacticians over motivators because sooner or later that fire in your team flames out, but a smart and adaptable coach is always there. Not saying Zidane is not there or never will be there, but he hasn't shown it yet or didn't have to show it yet.
I meant on our forum not the entire world..
We usually understand that beautiful football isnt better than ugly football (Ugly isnt better than beautiful either) - its about tactics determination and how you get the most of your players
DD did it but honestly he didnt really have tough opponents..
Belgium were better than before but were very vulnerable in defense
Brazil didnt look that great either while we all know what happened with Germany...

Jem83

maitre'd at Canal Bar
Nov 7, 2005
So happy for him. Great player for us, and I will be forever thankful for him steering our ship in Serie-B, bringing us straight back up. Yes we had the players to do it and they all deserve an equal amount of unconditional love and gratitude. But let's not downplay the coach's role in that, having to keep superstars such as DP, Buffon, Neddy, Camo etc. motivated week in-week out in that division. Starting off with minus points as well. And we're talking about a man who had a great CV even back then, having taken Monaco to a CL-final 2 years prior. He said yes to lead us not even knowing which league we'd be in, and when the verdict doomed us to B he immediately just got to work.

That's the kind of man he is; not fancy, no primadonna, just old school lo stile Juve hard work and soldier-like attitude. A low-key persona but powerful general type who now took France to the greatest heights of world football and deservedly claims this award.

Didier Deschamps, uno di noi.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 8)