Didier Deschamps (7 Viewers)

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
Two years of Allegri, then DD's contract is out with French NT after the EC, no? We need to start flirt with DD.
Allegri might seem abhorrent, but we need some stability now rather than taking a risk on someone as inexperienced as Conte was when he joined. We are in a far superior position now than we were then.

Tevez10

Aug 29, 2013
“I left because of differences in transfer strategy with the directors they had at the time, but we had already been promoted into Serie A,” Deschamps told France Inter.

“I wanted one great signing per area of the team, while they wanted to rebuild the squad with mediocre buys. At the end of the day, obviously they won.

“In any case, my resignation was a mistake. Going back, I wouldn’t do it again.”

Scottish

Zebrastreifenpferd
Mar 13, 2011
Does he mean that he wouldn't come back or that if he came back he wouldn't leave?

As far as our transfer policy at the time - Amauri and Melo were seen as big signings with potential to help us become a serious team again, no? It's only because of the financial fuckup of Secco that we're penny pinching now but the plan post-calciopoli was clearly to spend big.

Mike-e-y

Jul 18, 2004
Does he mean that he wouldn't come back or that if he came back he wouldn't leave?

As far as our transfer policy at the time - Amauri and Melo were seen as big signings with potential to help us become a serious team again, no? It's only because of the financial $#@!up of Secco that we're penny pinching now but the plan post-calciopoli was clearly to spend big.
IIRC Amauri and melo were signed a year after DD left in ranieris second year. That year it was Iaquinta, tiago, almiron etc.
We spent a decent amount that summer but we spent big on shit instead of quality signings. Having said that in our first year back up he was a bit naive to expect marquee signings.

Would love him back in 2 years though

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 7)