Dida vs Buffon (1 Viewer)

Dj Juve

Jul 12, 2002
Dida's been really improving alot in the last season into this one. he's really pushing for that no.1 position as the best in the world.

do you think dida is slowly topling over Buffon? who is better?

AND PLEASE TRY TO BE AS UNBIASED AS HUMANLY POSSIBLE.

i think buffon is better, but he better improve his form if he wants to remain the world's best

Buy on AliExpress.com

IceBlu

Aug 26, 2003
Buffon is from a different planet. The likes of Dida come and go, but someone like Buffon comes once in a lifetime.

Buffon has superior skills in every department.

Couple of great performances doesn't make Dida better.

You guys have a short memory.

aressandro10

Jul 30, 2003
if it is about Dida we are talking about, then Buffon is definately better...

Dida really have to do more than one match saving game to topple Buffon at the top... he do have springs and fast hands but they are in no way superior tu Buffon's... but buffon have more leadership, composure, ... that 'safe' feeling...

if anyone i would only compare Buffon in the class of Toldo and Kahn...

made not the mistake thinking me undermining DIda.. he really do gaining my attention day by day.. i rate him as the best penalty saver around.... not many foreign keeper that can relegate Azzuri 3rd keeper to the bench at a top italian club.. but he just dont do more than he supposed too... barring last game of coz ;).. he i would put in the same category as Cassilas.... maybe after a few years we will see more...

Majed

Jul 17, 2002
i put Dida in the same catagory as Toldo, Cassilas.

Dida is definately one of the best in the world, but i do think, as you guys above mentioned, that Buffon is more complete.

Buffon is also more consistant.

i do agree about that "safe" feeling that he gives. (i though it was only me who felt this).
When watching a juve game, even during a 1-on-1 or a shot powerful from distance, i still feel that Buffon is most likely gonna prevale.

i think Buffon really does give the defense some confidence more than other good keepers like Peruzzi and VDS.

Dida is definately getting better i admit. He's also better than Buffon when it comes to PKs and FKs.

OP
Dj Juve

Dj Juve

Jul 12, 2002
  • Thread Starter #8
    yes! that one was great indeed! :cool:

but also remember the save dida made from van der vaart(at the last minute) this season in the Milan - Ajax game...AMAZING

aressandro10

Jul 30, 2003
    ++ [ originally posted by nosubstitute959 ] ++
    I still can't forget that save Buffon made on Zidane's freekick in the first leg of last season's CL semi.

I was blown away. Remember this?
    not really :( .. anyone have a video..?.. i cant remember anything about the first leg...i have only the 2nd leg immortalize in my mind :)

Zlatan

Jun 9, 2003
    Dida's save on Buffon wasnt all that hard. He was already running in that direction, but it does require great reflexes.

I think Buffon is overall the better keeper, but IMO Dida is currently better and in better form.

Jul 19, 2003
    ++ [ originally posted by GOAT ] ++
    Dida's save on Buffon wasnt all that hard. He was already running in that direction
    Exactly....I thought I was the only one to think that it wasn't difficult. As the ball was being crossed, Dida was running and following it, and Di Vaio's header was from such an ackward position that the ball went very slowly towards goal. Nothing special about it.

Actually, none of his saves yesterday were "out of this world."...just a bunch of good saves that kept his team in the game.

gigi's twin

Mar 5, 2003
    For me it is no question, that Gigi is the best keeper of the world! :strong: Of course I accept, that Dida is also great, like other keepers as well, but non of them can reach the level of Gigi's! :)

gray

Apr 22, 2003
    Dida is in better form atm, but there's no way he's a better overall keeper than Buffon. Dida's probably improving, but IMO he doesn't have the same 'safe' feeling.

Let's take for example England goalkeepers. David James pulls off some awesome saves in many games, but he just doesn't have that same feeling that Seaman had at the peak of his career. He's prone to mistakes and making stupid decisions. I like to call that quality of great keepers 'safe hands'.

I'm not saying Dida makes stupid mistakes or anything, but i guess he just doesn't have that same safe feeling. My opinions probably very biased, since I hardly see Dida play compared to Buffon, but Buffon's just showed better overall reflexes.

P.S. I'm glad nobody's mentioned the penalty saves in the CL final, I don't think penalty saves count that much when talking about keepers

gray

Apr 22, 2003
    Speaking of keepers though, how would you rate keepers in 'tiers'? For example (JUST AN EXAMPLE OKAY SO DON'T REACT TOO MUCH TO THIS)

Level 1 - Buffon, Kahn, Schmeichel, Lee Woon-Jae
    Level 2 - Toldo, Casillas, Canizares
    Level 10 - Chimenti

Hydde

Minimiliano Tristelli
    Mar 6, 2003
    :down:

i remember when i enjoyed laughing at dida because he was a real crap... we have to accept it.

Even the guys in ESPN called him "DUDA" that in spanish means "doubt".... because he was so insecure...and was a real problem in below the 3 bars.

Now, i cant say the same. The guy has evolved in a very interesting way... and definitely he must be at least in the top 10.

If he is as good as buff..... well now i dont know.. ill wait till the end of the season to judge him.... but im very sure that he will just get better and better if he continue in that form.

Painless_cry

Jun 14, 2003
    c'mon there's no way to compare Buffon to Dida...

Buffon is way better... he's outstanding, with only 25 years he's the world's best payed goalkeeper. has one many scudetto's, won the UEFA cup with parma...
    and last year reached champions league final and won the best goalkeeper and most valuable player.

imagine, all that with only 25 years old.

for something he's the best goalkeeper in the world

gray

Apr 22, 2003
    ++ [ originally posted by Painless_cry ] ++
    c'mon there's no way to compare Buffon to Dida...

Buffon is way better... he's outstanding, with only 25 years he's the world's best payed goalkeeper. has one many scudetto's, won the UEFA cup with parma...
    and last year reached champions league final and won the best goalkeeper and most valuable player.

imagine, all that with only 25 years old.

for something he's the best goalkeeper in the world
    I think it's beyond doubt that Buffon's the best in the world, and he's achieved much more than Dida, but I think the point of this thread is to discuss certain aspects of Dida's play, and his future potential. He's definitely improving, and we're just wondering how good he'll get.

kharbana

Jul 7, 2003
    Hey plz .... of course Dida is good...yesterday he saved Milan ...but compare him to Buffon no way....

He need to improve for be similar to him...

Dida is doing great...but never like Buffon... :fero:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)