Di Vaio; Yet Another Star. (1 Viewer)

IceBlu

Aug 26, 2003
But Miccoli is not a 19 year old that Del Piero was when he came to Juve.

Del Piero had enough time to learn under Baggio and take over after 2 years.

Miccoli on the other hand just arrived here and isn't as gifted as DP was.

What makes you think he can completely replace Del Piero in such a short period of time ?

Almost every major club has at least 4-5 quality attackers and thats the case with us... but selling DP would just be ludicrous considering that he has at least 3-4 years left in him.

Maybe Miccoli could prove himself in the coming months and then we could entertain thoughts about selling DP... but at this moment its too big a risk to throw Miccoli into the fray.

Buy on AliExpress.com

ebraheej

Jul 16, 2002
Instead of selling DP why not sell Di Vaio, yes he was playing well but do you really think he is better than Del Piero....... No way.
After a few years no one will remember Di Vaio, but everyone will still remember DP.
Di Vaio is just another Foncseca......

IceBlu

Aug 26, 2003
haha no i have to disagree with you.

Di Vaios performaces are no flash-in-the-pan. Did u see him during his Parma days ?

He is quality and theres no denying that.

but again back to the question i've been asking all along ....

WHY SELL ANYONE?????

Its all going smoothly and why fix something that isn't broken ? Its beyond me !

We only need a midfielder and a defender or 2. Our attack is great.

ebraheej

Jul 16, 2002
I didnt say we have to sell him I am saying that if there is someone to sell It should be Di Vaio not Del P. Yes he is playing well this season, though not in all the games, but he is no where to compare to DP.
Whether all of you like it or not Dp is better than Di Vaio!!! He has more class, he dribbles better, his passing crossing Freekicks leadership and Flair.

kaizer

Nov 1, 2003
++ [ originally posted by IceBlu ] ++
WHY SELL ANYONE?????
We only need a midfielder and a defender or 2. Our attack is great.
i'm with u on that m8....:thumb:

well, maybe we need to sell zala...and get a better replacement :D

Majed

Jul 17, 2002
++ [ originally posted by ebraheej ] ++
Instead of selling DP why not sell Di Vaio, yes he was playing well but do you really think he is better than Del Piero....... No way.
After a few years no one will remember Di Vaio, but everyone will still remember DP.
Di Vaio is just another Foncseca......
Fonseca didn't to jack s$%^ :D

I agree, but i think you're underestimating DV..

Aug 1, 2003
yeap, i think juve can cope without selling dp and still manage to buy good players.

dj and zlatan- i dont think dp will be sold this season, but you might see ur wish come true in a few seasons' time, perhaps? ;)

Zizou

Apr 21, 2003
Juve cannot buy players without selling if they want to be always on the green side of accounts. The triad would never allow that, and the only year we really spent shit loads of money was the year we sold Zidane and Inzaghi. So unless we sell one of our stars, we won't be getting any other stars in the team; just young players.

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
People don't want to sell Trezeguet, they don't want to sell Del Piero, they won't sell Nedved unless Juve gets 28 million for him, God forbid they sell Buffon. Yet, everybody and their grandmother wants them to get all of these young, established, stars and not give anything up in return.

Hasn't anyone seen how Juve's business plan works? They don't just throw money around. So yes, while Juve isn't in the red and aren't cash-strapped, they just don't do business that way.

Dj Juve

Jul 12, 2002
++ [ originally posted by USA Juventini ] ++
Hasn't anyone seen how Juve's business plan works? They don't just throw money around. So yes, while Juve isn't in the red and aren't cash-strapped, they just don't do business that way.

exactly. and that's why Juve has been on the top for so long

IceBlu

Aug 26, 2003
either way selling Del Piero is not the answer. We could get rid of Iuliano, Trezeguet and possibly Tudor and then buy some of the players that have been mentioned.

and oh, Juve did buy Di Vaio for a huge fee (more than what Inter payed for Cannavaro)

Aug 1, 2003
we could still get 'stars' for juve by selling a number of players- iuliano, zala or other em, non-profitable player. juve doesnt exactly splash quite an amount on one player only, they mostly go for players who are well known for their talent but hasn't developed the world-class star status yet.

OP

Trezeguet_FC

Mar 26, 2003
  • Thread Starter #160
    ++ [ originally posted by Fliakis ] ++
    wasn't nedved star before he came? or thuram or buffon. shit, even salas was a star.
    But do you know how much work Juve put into Nedved, buffon, zidane etc for them to reach the positions they are at now. After 3 seasons with juve nedved and buffon have already stolen the show for the cl awards. Juve put effort into their players and make the BIG STARS. When was the last time juve bought a real superstar like ronaldo, rivaldo, beckham, figo etc. i cant remember. nedved and buffon where nowhere near as big as say ronaldo.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)