Di Vaio; Yet Another Star. (1 Viewer)

d.nico

Apr 23, 2003
++ [ originally posted by IceBlu ] ++
WHY SELL ANYONE?????

Its all going smoothly and why fix something that isn't broken ? Its beyond me !

We only need a midfielder and a defender or 2. Our attack is great.
Agree! :cool:
I think sometimes in this forum, we don't really realistic. Try to think that you were Lippi, do we still have the same oppinion?

Buy on AliExpress.com

gray

Apr 22, 2003
++ [ originally posted by IceBlu ] ++
why fix something that isn't broken ? Its beyond me !
Because that's the kind of mentality for smaller clubs. We're Juve, and we should constantly seek to improve our team. Just because things are good, it doesn't mean they can't be better :D

ebraheej

Jul 16, 2002
Guys Foncseca was great.
Remember his goals against Parma and Milan...... Pure class.
What i meant is Di Vaio is a player who plays well while other players are injured, like Foncseca.

Jul 12, 2002
++ [ originally posted by ebraheej ] ++
Guys Foncseca was great.
Remember his goals against Parma and Milan...... Pure class.
What i meant is Di Vaio is a player who plays well while other players are injured, like Foncseca.
Di Vaio should be a starter for us, especially on his current form. But, calling Fonseca great is a bit off, I think. He scored goals, but then again, so has Zala. He wasn't good enough to get a lot of playing time, so I wouldn't call him great, but "adequate" is a more applicable word.

gray

Apr 22, 2003
Hehe i actually liked Fonseca for some reason... i even remember one of his contributions to the game. We were a goal down, so Ancelotti brought on Fonseca to boost our attack. The first thing he did after coming onto the pitch was block the ball off the line :)

Jul 12, 2002
++ [ originally posted by gray ] ++
Hehe i actually liked Fonseca for some reason... i even remember one of his contributions to the game. We were a goal down, so Ancelotti brought on Fonseca to boost our attack. The first thing he did after coming onto the pitch was block the ball off the line :)
:LOL: typical Fonseca, the guy rarely did what was wanted or expected, but overall had a positive effect...

Zizou

Apr 21, 2003
Fonseca was good when coming off the bench. I remember a couple of goals he scored which saved our asses against Napoli and Milan if I remember correctly.

gray

Apr 22, 2003
That clearance off the line was in the semi-final second leg against Man Utd in 99. IIRC he also nearly set up a goal, putting a pass into the area which everyone missed :down:

Zlatan

Jun 9, 2003
++ [ originally posted by Zizou ] ++
Yeah that showed how desperate we were to draw :D
We played with 4 attackers (Inzaghi, Del Piero, Fonseca and Esnaider, and yet we could do nothing :sigh:

P.S. Fonseca is an ugly bugger, aint he :D

But this is a very cool jersey :cool: :thumb:

Zizou

Apr 21, 2003
He looks like a rabbit
During our terrible 1998/99 season, fans had put up a banner on the stands saying "Fonseca un coniglio, Inzaghi suo figlio" which translates to "Fonseca a rabbit, Inzaghi his son". Obviously it does not make sense in English but in Italian it rhymed :D

Zizou

Apr 21, 2003
And it was funny ;)

Anywaya tt he time both Fonseca and Inzaghi were not passing through a good moment so the fans tried to give them a kick up their ass to get their act together. In some way it worked for Inzaghi' Fonseca needed more than a kick in his ass to get back :LOL:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)