Di Vaio: My Man! (1 Viewer)

Primo

Juventus FC - Philippines
Dec 20, 2002
I have to admit being solely impressed by Marco Di Vaio's game against Sociedad. When we brought this player to Turin in his first season, I had nothing to expect from this man becuase I havent seen him play. But all I heard was that we was excellent in Parma. Now that we have him, he's finally proving his worth consistently.

A million praises for Marco!

Since then, I have been trying to emulate his style of play everytime I play with my friends. He just moves so silky down the flanks and towards the goal!

Buy on AliExpress.com

Espectro

The Grimreaper
Jul 12, 2002
Rotation system suits Di Vaio Thursday 23 October, 2003

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Juventus striker Marco Di Vaio has praised boss Marcello Lippi for the way he uses the rotation system.

The tactician has continually chopped and changed his starting line-up so far this term but results haven’t suffered.

"It’s easy to sit on the bench at Juventus right now," stated the striker. "Lippi has no favourites and everyone has been left out at one stage.

"The good thing right now is that if you don’t play in one game then you’re likely to start the next."

Lippi is putting the system to good use in attack where Trezeguet, Miccoli and Di Vaio are all getting a chance to find the target with Alex Del Piero still injured.

And Di Vaio continued his fine start to the season on Tuesday when he netted twice in the 4-2 win over Real Sociedad.

"I’ve got the new campaign off on the right foot," said the former Parma striker. "I want to demonstrate to people that I deserve to be at this club. I’m ready to end my career here."

Hydde

Minimiliano Tristelli
Mar 6, 2003
Heheh now everyone want to end his carreer at juve!! They seem so happy with the team.

Well, about Divaio. I remember that i was jumping in one leg when i entered to the juve official site before the 2002-2003 season and i saw Divaio as the new late signing!!.

I saw a lot of games of him in Parma,, and i knew that he was very capable. Sadly, his last season was not the best in Juventus i dont know why..because after that newcastle game...his fit practicallly dissapeared.

Now he is showing his qualitites. He is not that technical like del piero.... but.. his legs are VERY quick and his speed is wonderfull,, without taking out his good definition when he is on form.

He seems happy with the ritation system..... but i fear (and will be very sure) that when del piero returms...all this rotations in the attacking line will end.

You will see divaio and miccoli rested in a lot of games.

I hope this will be not in that way... but Del Piero have a hand against all theother strikers.

Jul 28, 2002
lol.......divaio, a legend of italian football,well at least according to my ignoranty friends, when he was at parma he was on fire, i hope his skill keeps coming back

Hydde

Minimiliano Tristelli
Mar 6, 2003
He was REALLY on fire.....

i rememebr one of his hat-tricks.

He just need time in the field to regain his form...

But when del piero returns everything will return to normality :down:

no more rotations...

Majed

Jul 17, 2002
++ [ originally posted by USA Juventini ] ++

*applies more salt to Majed's open wound*;)

*** laughs at USA Juventino because his salt has been misteriously replaced with sugar earlier *** ;)

gray

Apr 22, 2003
Honestly guys, i don't really want DP to return that much. Lippi will be forced to play him, even if he's not that fit. I love watching DV and Mico play, they're so effective, especially DV against Sociedad.

The sad thing is, DP fails so many times to put on a show :down:

I'm glad DV is happy with the team and the rotation system, and i hope he can keep performing for us

*prepares for bashing*

the phoenix

Aug 8, 2002
Come on gray, you really want Del Piero to come back. Can you iamgine Del Piero with Di Vaio or Miccolli!! That will be thrilling to watch, I don't mind Trez playing, but would much rather see the three mentioned above before Trez.

gray

Apr 22, 2003
I dunno, I think Lippi likes Trez too much to leave him on the bunch.

Miccoli -- Nedved -- Del Piero

------------Di Vaio

is what I'd like to see, but I think Lippi will stick to

--xxxxx-----------Nedved

----------Del Piero

------Di Vaio-----Trez

and leave Miccoli on the bench :down:

I think the first one's more creative, and since DV's more of a forward than Trez is, it'd be much less predictable than just having DP feed the passes to DV and Trez.

gray

Apr 22, 2003
++ [ originally posted by Hydde ] ++
Lippi will be forced to use DP.
It would be better to made him compete for his old position.
++ [ originally posted by gray ] ++
Honestly guys, i don't really want DP to return that much. Lippi will be forced to play him, even if he's not that fit.
;)

OP
Primo

Primo

Juventus FC - Philippines
Dec 20, 2002
  • Thread Starter #16
    Well, this may come as a shock to some but I actually prefer Marco to play alongside Del Piero. When I watched the game, It seemeed pretty evident that Marco was a more all-around player.

You could sense it in Marco when he wanted to give an assist to Trezeguet, and he did. And when he did wanted to score, he did. Now don't expect any bashing of Trezeguet from me because I do like him too. But as of now, Marco just seems more effective.

gray

Apr 22, 2003
    ++ [ originally posted by Hydde ] ++
    I always liked Di Vaio.

He is simply good... but no one believed in him last season :(
    I was really happy when we signed Di Vaio, because he's a great goalscorer and it's always nice when Juve makes a signing involving decent money. Sure, it's great to get cheap good players, but it's just a sign that we're ambitious.

You're right though, I didn't believe in him last season. But from last season I believed that he would do better this season ;)

Hydde

Minimiliano Tristelli
    Mar 6, 2003
    ++ [ originally posted by gray ] ++

I was really happy when we signed Di Vaio, because he's a great goalscorer and it's always nice when Juve makes a signing involving decent money. Sure, it's great to get cheap good players, but it's just a sign that we're ambitious.

You're right though, I didn't believe in him last season. But from last season I believed that he would do better this season ;)
    I always knew he was good.... but people criticized him a lot last season.
    He just needed some minute in the field and a little of inspiration to regain his former self.

Adrian

Jan 31, 2003
    well, when del piero returns, we should play him to regain form so we have not only trez, di vaio and miccoli playing well, but we have our inspirational captain and most creative player in the team playing well also.

i believe that del piero should be apart of the rotation system as well. There is no denying that Di Vaio deserves many opportunities now that he seems to have found his feet for us, unlike last season. But at the same time, Trezeguet is still scoring, and Miccoli found his touch last weekend as well. No one needs to be favoured, but i do believe this should be the case.

1. when wanting to play trezeguet. we must use the normal 4-3-1-2 formation with camoranesi on the right wing and del piero or either Miccoli upfront partnering trez.

2. when wanting to use Di Vaio, we should play the more daring 4-2-3-1 formation with del piero, nedved and miccoli all behind Di Vaio.

i think these two work best for Di Vaio and Trez. we could always use del piero and nedved as roaming players behind di vaio and trezeguet, as in using del piero as camo was used against Real Sociedad....but i dont see it working as well.

if we want players such as del piero and trezeguet to stay fit an in form, we have to rotate them. Often we see del piero get injured because he plays every game when available.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)