Di Vaio going Nowhere (1 Viewer)

gray

Apr 22, 2003
channel4

New deal for Di Vaio
Thursday 27 May, 2004

Marco Di Vaio won’t be leaving Juventus as he actually expects to have his contract renewed this summer.

The former Parma man has been linked with an exit after failing to break into the Bianconeri first team.

However, the Italian international maintains that his immediate future will be with the Old Lady.

"Juventus have promised me that we will extend my agreement after the European Championships," he said.

"My current contract runs up until the summer of 2008 but I’m ready to put pen to paper yet again."

Di Vaio, who is part of the Azzurri’s Euro 2004 squad, has been linked with a move to Inter or Roma.

"If the club decided to sell me then they would have to sit me down to talk about it," continued the 27-year-old.

"For someone who plays for Juventus there aren’t too many options to stay in Italy. In fact there are only two, Milan and Inter."

Buy on AliExpress.com
OP
gray

gray

Apr 22, 2003
  • Thread Starter #8
    ++ [ originally posted by Tina ] ++
    extension of contract doesn't mean anything, he can still be involved in transfers.
    His contract expires in 2008 and he's gonna sign a new one, it doesn't look like we plan to get rid of him anytime soon. Maybe if it expired in 2005 and we had a chance of losing him for free, then maybe it'd still look like he's involved in transfers. But extending it past 2008? :eek:

To be honest I like Di Vaio, and I'd be content if we dropped Del Piero from the starting lineup so Marco can get some confidence and bang in the goals, until Del Piero prove that he deserves a place in the starting eleven by more than just his reputation

delpiero10

Apr 5, 2004
    His 2 goals against Roma in September, his goal of the year (IMO) against Milan and his solid performance against Real Sociedad proves that he is the best substitute player Juve can wish for.

Tina

Aug 21, 2003
    ++ [ originally posted by gray ] ++

His contract expires in 2008 and he's gonna sign a new one, it doesn't look like we plan to get rid of him anytime soon. Maybe if it expired in 2005 and we had a chance of losing him for free, then maybe it'd still look like he's involved in transfers. But extending it past 2008? :eek:
    this fact surprised me as well, why we need to renew the contract if it expires only in 2008? but is seems to me that there should be some idea on it

Erkka

Mar 31, 2004
    yes, hopefully he'll decrease his salary... I don't mind having him as sub if he does so, but otherwise we should get rid of him...

Erkka

Mar 31, 2004
    oh come on, tell me where this fashion of changing user names comes from?! or maybe G and former Vilhelmas want to present themselves in a hole new way, clever... :D

Sep 28, 2002
    actually my username was fliakis from the day i joined this place more than 2 years ago. i changed it to vil only couple of months back. now i'm back to my old. :D

Erkka

Mar 31, 2004
    ok Fliakis, I'm still pretty new in here... but still, odd that many of us have changed user names lately, I had a ready-minded thought that it's the custom of yours after the end of season... :D how clever of me...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)