Deschamps: "The Door is Closed" (1 Viewer)

AzzurriGirl

Jul 23, 2006
There was this news item on the Juventus official site today which I found interesting. Deschamps proclaimed "all will stay". Read it for yourself. It's a bit ambiguous. Does this mean that Buffon is staying? And Kovac? What players is he referring to that have left...Zambrotta? Cannavaro?

The site has a news item about Zambrotta and Thuram leaving but nothing about Canna and Emerson.

Speaking to journalists this afternoon the Juventus head coach dispelled the rumours surrounding the futures of some of his top players: “Everyone here is under contract with Juventus and will play for Juventus. The door is closed”. And the players who have already signed agreements with other clubs? “From an economic point of view it was inevitable we would lose some big names”. The Frenchman also revealed the possibility of further arrivals: “We are still looking to strengthen the squad”. When questioned on whether there is an over-abundance of talent in certain positions, Didier did not hesitate: “As a coach it’s great if there’s competition for places; those who deserve to play will play”. The press conference then turned to Tuesday’s sentence: “It was a great disappointment to us all, myself in particular. We had hoped for a more positive outcome. I can’t understand the differential treatment of the other clubs: it’s illogical”. And the 3 matches to be played on neutral ground? “It’s laughable. It makes no sense at all”. There was, however, some small consolation: “To get back in Serie A with a 30 point penalty would have been almost impossible. If things stay as they are now (Serie B with a 17 point penalty), it will still be difficult to achieve promotion after one season, but certainly not impossible. In any case we will continue with our appeal”. It’s really a question of motivation; if the players are at their physical peak, it will be their technical ability that makes the difference. The players are here and they’re working hard, it’s my job to make sure we return to Serie A as quickly as possible”.

http://www.juventus.com/uk/news/detail.aspx?lml_language_id=0&trs_id=1370000&ID=8229

Buy on AliExpress.com

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
The door is always closed until somebody tables a good offer or a player somehow forces his way out of a club in safe waters. But unfortunately for Juventus after this scandal, I think our door is more opened than closed.

I still expect the departures of Trezeguet and Camoranesi, however I hope that won't be the case.

Espectro

The Grimreaper
Jul 12, 2002
AzzurriGirl said:
There was this news item on the Juventus official site today which I found interesting. Deschamps proclaimed "all will stay". Read it for yourself. It's a bit ambiguous. Does this mean that Buffon is staying? And Kovac? What players is he referring to that have left...Zambrotta? Cannavaro?

The site has a news item about Zambrotta and Thuram leaving but nothing about Canna and Emerson.

Speaking to journalists this afternoon the Juventus head coach dispelled the rumours surrounding the futures of some of his top players: “Everyone here is under contract with Juventus and will play for Juventus. The door is closed”. And the players who have already signed agreements with other clubs? “From an economic point of view it was inevitable we would lose some big names”. The Frenchman also revealed the possibility of further arrivals: “We are still looking to strengthen the squad”. When questioned on whether there is an over-abundance of talent in certain positions, Didier did not hesitate: “As a coach it’s great if there’s competition for places; those who deserve to play will play”. The press conference then turned to Tuesday’s sentence: “It was a great disappointment to us all, myself in particular. We had hoped for a more positive outcome. I can’t understand the differential treatment of the other clubs: it’s illogical”. And the 3 matches to be played on neutral ground? “It’s laughable. It makes no sense at all”. There was, however, some small consolation: “To get back in Serie A with a 30 point penalty would have been almost impossible. If things stay as they are now (Serie B with a 17 point penalty), it will still be difficult to achieve promotion after one season, but certainly not impossible. In any case we will continue with our appeal”. It’s really a question of motivation; if the players are at their physical peak, it will be their technical ability that makes the difference. The players are here and they’re working hard, it’s my job to make sure we return to Serie A as quickly as possible”.

http://www.juventus.com/uk/news/detail.aspx?lml_language_id=0&trs_id=1370000&ID=8229
Oh common Didier!! how about a litle optimism for a change

3pac

Alex Del Mexico
May 7, 2004
Espectro said:
Oh common Didier!! how about a litle optimism for a change
He just said it's not impossible? :confused:

What do you want him to say? "We will win by 100 points, I guarantee it!" and look like a complete fucking idiot?

sateeh

Day Walker
Jul 28, 2003
AzzurriGirl said:
Okay, Andy, so I should read this as the door is closed but it is not locked!:D
spot on

anyway good that the coach is giving firing statements, athough he is just bluffing

Palladino

Jul 24, 2006
the door is closed !!

then why they wait for our players decisions to stay or leave ?

may be DD hope for all our players to still with us but this is will not to be

Arvin

Juve Star
Dec 30, 2004
.yeah tell me now. who is left at juve now, ohhh yeah zlatan, camoranesi, zebina..................and vieira.............

baggio

Jun 3, 2003
I dont think Deschamps' words mean anything. It's just preseason talk. I still think Ibrahimovic and Vieira will be sold, among others. Although, Dp, Nedved and Gigi staying wouldnt be too far from the truth, given the amount of talk from players' agents and the management alike.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)