Deschamps signs Monaco deal (1 Viewer)

Roverbhoy

Jul 31, 2002
Monaco coach Didier Deschamps has ended speculation over his future by signing a new contract which will keep him at the club until 2007.
Deschamps, whose original deal ran until 2005, had been linked with a move to Chelsea, Juventus and the France national team.

"I have the sporting and financial guarantees allowing me to lead an ambitious project," he said.

"Our campaign last season must give us the ambition to do even better."

The 35-year-old joined the club three seasons ago and led the side to Coupe de la Ligue glory in 2002.

Against all the odds Monaco reached the Champions League final in Germany this year but were beaten by Porto.

"This puts and end to the rumours and proves our ambitions," the club said in a statement.

The news continues a good week for the club, who earlier announced a cash injection of £33.2m which wiped out their debts.

They had been banned from entering the transfer market for a year.

Buy on AliExpress.com
OP
Roverbhoy

Roverbhoy

Jul 31, 2002
  • Thread Starter #3
    ++ [ originally posted by Roverbhoy ] ++

The news continues a good week for the club, who earlier announced a cash injection of £33.2m which wiped out their debts.

They had been banned from entering the transfer market for a year.

So..I wonder where this rather large amount of cash came from?

Sep 28, 2002
    fedcom? :undecide:

its great news indeed, then he can come to juve

do they have good youth system? will many star players likely to leave and not being able to buy new ones they'll surely need that.

OP
    Roverbhoy

Roverbhoy

Jul 31, 2002
  • Thread Starter #5
    ++ [ originally posted by Fliakis ] ++
    fedcom? :undecide:

its great news indeed, then he can come to juve

do they have good youth system? will many star players likely to leave and not being able to buy new ones they'll surely need that.

I think they can now buy new after this cash injection...but prso and morientis are gone...more to follow I think

Elnur_E65

Feb 21, 2004
    ++ [ originally posted by Roverbhoy ] ++

So..I wonder where this rather large amount of cash came from?
    Their main sponsor is a Russian company (or head of the sponsor company is a Russian guy). To those people 30 million is nothing.

gray

Apr 22, 2003
    This news doesn't really affect us anymore, but good for Monaco :thumb: I'll jump straight back on the bandwagon should Juve get knocked out and Monaco go far in the CL :extatic:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)