Depth in midfield.. (3 Viewers)

Tom

The DJ
Oct 30, 2001
hgard to explain, isn't it? :D

The way i see it, people that play football when they are 16, or younger, there are certain players who KNOW what to do..they can organise the defence, and are clever, have football brians so to speak.

I don't think it depends on how many matches you play, for example if someone runs at ferrara and tries to take it past him, and ciro tackles him ( :strong: ) the commentator will say 'he uses his experience' but surely a 16 year old could also do this same thing, and he has little experience!

Buy on AliExpress.com

nina

Feb 18, 2001
Tackle is not an experience thing :rolleyes: If he would take the ball from the opponent without making a foul that would be experience ... as he chose the wiser way and not the quickest, like a 16 year old who would panic when it came to an important decision to make, IMHO.

Tom

The DJ
Oct 30, 2001
how do you know a 16 year old would panic? some would, some wouldn't. The same goes for 35 year olds..some of they would also panic in that situation.

IMO experience has nothing to do with it, some people are just naturally calm, and will deal with the situation better.

KeNgO

Oct 28, 2002
again! i would agree with NINA and oppose TOM (i like opposing ur opinion man :D:D:D)

i think expericnce is very important when it comes to defense and goal keeping!!!

at least a defender like Ciro has plenty of experience as he has played enough games to be in any possible situation a game would put him in!!! when an attacker comes to him ciro knows what to do

calmnes is something u r born with but it definitly does improve as u gain more experience!

Jul 12, 2002
++ [ originally posted by Paolo_Montero ] ++
how do you know a 16 year old would panic? some would, some wouldn't. The same goes for 35 year olds..some of they would also panic in that situation.

IMO experience has nothing to do with it, some people are just naturally calm, and will deal with the situation better.
That's not the point. Ferrara has much more knowlege of the game than Iuliano does. Even if you disregard this factor, Ferrara is better than Iuliano technically. Ferrara is a better marker and a better tackler. Also, Ferrara doesn't make costly mistakes as much as Iuliano does.

Primo

Juventus FC - Philippines
Dec 20, 2002
++ [ originally posted by Holden ] ++
Salas is definately struggling at the moment, he ALMOST scored a great goal with a tremendous turn and shot, but then in the second half he made a pretty poor effort with a header from a free kick, he totally screwed it.:down:
It's a shame because he is not a poor player and could do very well for us, but we all saw how long it took DP to come back from a similar injury.
I don't know where I read this but I remember Lippi's comment when asked about Del Piero's return of from. I remember Lippi saying something like: "The greater a player has risen and achieved success, the more time it will take him to recover and reach to that peak once again. And rest assured that if the recovering player is able to reach that peak the second time, he is twice as great as any other player who has only reached succes once." Not quite sure about the quote but that's how I remember it.

Salas reached great heights in his career. It may take time, but he has never lost his great qualities. In one or more situations, Salas will always prove his worth and dedication for Juve.

Stu

Jul 14, 2002
What do you guys think our midfield needs to make it more complete and balanced? I personally think we need to acquire more attacking full backs to help out going forward and a creative winger like D'Alessandro or Solari (the latter is not really creative but his pace would destroy defences). What are your thoughts?

Jul 12, 2002
I think that we do need a left winger, and a good left attacking back, D'ale and O'brien would be great. That would solve a lot of problems.

Alessandro

Sep 13, 2002
D'Ale will be useful because he can cover left and center - time to rest for Neddy. But... Let's imagine 4-3-1-2, and we bought D'Ale... Davids-Tacchi-Camo/Zamby-Neddy. Where will D'Ale play?
I think in Juve now there are very strange siruation - we haven't left winger, and we dont need him. We have Davids who cover everything there and that's all...
I hope you're not going to send D'Ale on the pitch instead of Davids? Davids-Tacchi - it's absolutely nessesary, only they can hold opponent. But there ave variand to pley - 4-4-2 Diamond. 1 DM, and all other will try to attack more often then defend. And D'Ale on the left wind. Davids/Tacchi - as DM. But it looks not very possible for me now.
So D'Ale has not very optimistic fiture in this case.
And I don't think Lippi'll change tactics for only one player.

Primo

Dec 20, 2002
our midfield is pretty ok. but not very deep. they should not have let birghi leave. by the way, i don't think he was sold anyway. i think he was only loaned.

by the way, what happened to the doni speculations? where did he end up? is he still up for sale? he also adds solidity to the midfield. he could do well. he just needs to improve his creativity and attacking flare.

A_LAcki

Dec 23, 2002
Conte will retire this year, so we need a replacement! I really think that there is no replacement for a player like Conte! What he has done for Juve............amazing! (I hope he finds his top-form on his old days)

´But if there is a replacement then it would be Vieira (do I have to comment him??? Great player! Gives always 200%), Van Bommel ( a great player, reminds me of Conte), Baraja ( I know that spanish players never did well in italy, but the "Spanish Ballack" could make it in Italy ) or Stankovic ( Lippi could use him, like Miolan uses Pirlo )!

A_LAcki

Dec 23, 2002
........................continue. I would sell Baiocco, and bring in a big prospect! Maybe D'Alessandro, Robinho, Mauri or, my favourite, Gasbarroni!
I would also Loan out Moretti and bring in Maresca or Brighi!

Juve Midfield 2003/04:

Vieira, Tacchinardi, Maresca, Zambrotta, Camoranesi, Gasbarroni, Davids, Nedved, Olivera

I hope this is possible!

Primo

Dec 20, 2002
oh, well he's going to be needing a lot of strentgh specially in the serie a. cause even if we sign him over the break, he may just not be fit enough and just injure himself. then that would just cause trouble for juve...

Nick

Jul 12, 2002
++ [ originally posted by A_LAcki ] ++
........................continue. I would sell Baiocco, and bring in a big prospect! Maybe D'Alessandro, Robinho, Mauri or, my favourite, Gasbarroni!
I would also Loan out Moretti and bring in Maresca or Brighi!

Juve Midfield 2003/04:

Vieira, Tacchinardi, Maresca, Zambrotta, Camoranesi, Gasbarroni, Davids, Nedved, Olivera

I hope this is possible!
This guy Gasbarroni seems to be really interesting i have heard many good things about him but i've never seen him play.Also i know his astonishing performances with the Azzurini's.Please give more info.

Primo

Dec 20, 2002
hmmm, i've been hearing this youngster's name for a long time. ever since i started playing championship manager years ago. is he really a good prospect?

why don't you knowledgable guys start a thread about this guy? just to shed light on the topic..

Jun-hide

Dec 16, 2002
++ [ originally posted by primo_mp ] ++
hmmm, i've been hearing this youngster's name for a long time. ever since i started playing championship manager years ago. is he really a good prospect?

why don't you knowledgable guys start a thread about this guy? just to shed light on the topic..
He is a right hand-side winger.;) To be honest, that is all I know about him. I heard his wing play electrifying though.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 3)