Denis Zakaria (59 Viewers)

Prototype

Oct 22, 2009
“To the Juventus fans I want to say that there is a new combative player in the team, who will give his all to help the team express itself at the highest level. I want to win many trophies here at Juventus, and at Juventus I want to grow and make the fans happy.” [Zakaria]

“I can help the team recover balls, that's one of my qualities. I can contribute with my progression and dynamism. I can contribute with my mentality of wanting to win every game, although I know that's already the mentality of the team.“

Buy on AliExpress.com

juve123

Aug 10, 2017
I wonder how much Zakaria would’ve went for had he been under contract longer. 30?
Yes before his knee injury he could have gone as you never know in today market.Bentancur went for nearly 20 million plus bonuses despite his ceiling of an average player.

- - - Updated - - -

Sissoko and Matuidi were very different players. Clumsy indeed, tho. Although Sissoko takes the cake here. He was the clumsiest of them all :D
But Sissoko was a defensive beast. All about tackling and intercepting balls. Matuidi was a much more intelligent player. Too bad stats can be found only about Sissoko's last season in Juve. The motherfucker was making 4.6 tackles and 2.9 interceptions per 90 minutes. Only top form Vidal came close to this. But Sissoko's passing was abysmal. He had below 80% accuracy in short passes. Zakaria has below average defensive stats, but his passing seems fine. 91% success in short passes.
Matuidi was somewhere in between. A hard worker with intelligent movement. Statistically he was average. Not a great, but far from bad tackler, and 92% successful passes. I hope this Zakaria is much closer to Matuidi than Sissoko.
Or a combination of both.

Jun 6, 2015
Just based on stats:

- very safe and conservative passer
- keeps the ball on the ground
- doesn't often pass it long or make line breaking forward passes
- prefers to run forward with the ball instead
- doesn't easily commit himself to tackles, prefers to stand his ground
- gets very rarely dribbled past by opponents

Last edited:

Salvo

J
Dec 17, 2007
Sissoko and Matuidi were very different players. Clumsy indeed, tho. Although Sissoko takes the cake here. He was the clumsiest of them all :D
But Sissoko was a defensive beast. All about tackling and intercepting balls. Matuidi was a much more intelligent player. Too bad stats can be found only about Sissoko's last season in Juve. The motherfucker was making 4.6 tackles and 2.9 interceptions per 90 minutes. Only top form Vidal came close to this. But Sissoko's passing was abysmal. He had below 80% accuracy in short passes. Zakaria has below average defensive stats, but his passing seems fine. 91% success in short passes.
Matuidi was somewhere in between. A hard worker with intelligent movement. Statistically he was average. Not great, but far from bad tackler, and 92% successful passes. I hope this Zakaria is much closer to Matuidi than Sissoko.
Sissoko was so good at tackling he would lose the ball just to get it back again

Jun 6, 2015
Whoscored.com has passing as his strength and tackling as his main weakness :D
Well, I guess we'll get the chance to see ourselves. The midfield can't get worse than what we've witnessed in the last two seasons.
Just looked through his stats in detail. That knee injury has had an impact in how he plays. Before the injury he used to commit in to tackles much more often than now. However it doesn't mean that tackling is a weakness of his, it just shows that he currently prefers to tackle only when necessary (when someone is trying to go past him). Khedira had a somewhat similar transformation after his bad knee injury.

Lancelot

Oct 24, 2011
I just finished watching a full game of Borussia.

He is not a super quality or someone that will change the game. Good passer, but not great. Can do some tackles but not Davids or Vidal. I still have to watch couple of more games before I can give my own opinion on his tactical awareness. Likes to take the ball out of the box on his own, which is risky. Rarely does back passes. His passing is mostly vertical or to the closest team mate. He is tall and strong, but I didn`t see his physical presence. I don`t see him dominating or bossing the middle.

All in all, once we sign better players he will be a second fiddle. We should not expect too much from him.

X Æ A-12

Contributor
Sep 4, 2006
long legs + balance :tup:

I guess my concern is on fielding a CM who wont contribute hardly to the attacking phase of the game. It made sense to field matuidi i guess, when he was on the same flank as Ronaldo, but we don't have attackers with Ronaldo's production anymore.

Without a greater attacking contribution from midfield then we are left with somewhat of a similar problem to what we had this whole season, before the transfer window. Scoring goals.

Vlahovic will need to score (and probably create) a lot of goals himself. Like, right away too.

Talents of Vlahovic and Dybala should be enough to secure 4th but over the summer, when we are looking to build a trophy worthy team again, this will need an attacking CM and a winger

Last edited:

icemaη

Rab's Husband - The Regista
Aug 27, 2008

I guess my concern is on fielding a CM who wont contribute hardly to the attacking phase of the game. It made sense to field matuidi i guess, when he was on the same flank as Ronaldo, but we don't have attackers with Ronaldo's production anymore.

Without a greater attacking contribution from midfield then we are left with somewhat of a similar problem to what we had this whole season, before the transfer window. Scoring goals.

Vlahovic will need to score (and probably create) a lot of goals himself. Like, right away too.

Talents of Vlahovic and Dybala should be enough to secure 4th but over the summer, when we are looking to build a trophy worthy team again, this will need an attacking CM and a winger
We need to replace Sandro on priority too. Bini Bene have their work cut out.

Mr Chocolate

Rubba Band Business
Dec 23, 2012

My hope is it allows Locatelli and whoever else is playing midfield to move higher up and contribute more directly to the attacking phase

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013

Aren’t you ‘muricans always going on and on about how great McPotter is? Top goalscoring mid. Runs circles around every midfielder. Is always wide open in the box…

In all seriousness, I kinda like the brownie spaghetti fella. I hope he can get a little more consistency going and make a few less bad passes. A McPotter-Zakarias-Locatelli trio could be just what we need. And that may just be a good possibility if Zakarias takes over the DM spot, freeing Locatelli to get involved in linking midfield to attack a bit more. McPotter’s passing is bad, but he’s in the 99th percentile of all CMs in Europe for progressive passes received, and 98th percentile for touches in opponents penalty area. That will hopefully be exploited over the next couple months. Especially as Locatelli is in the 96th percentile in progressive passes made, and in the 94th percentile in passes into the final third. 83rd percentile in passes into penalty area but that should go up significantly if he plays further forward.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 59)