delpiero leaving? (3 Viewers)

- vOnAm -

Jul 22, 2004
++ [ originally posted by Stuart ] ++

Exactly. Real don't pay Beckham what they do because they can, it's because of his marketing value. This applies to Del Piero as well so please people, stop whining about his wages.
Is Del Piero's marketing power really that big anymore? I get shadowfax about Beckham's wages compared to his marketing power, but I dont think DP is still that marketable, or is he?:confused:

I was one of those who talked about beck's wages and other footballers', but only to discusse whether or not their performances merit them not whether or not it is appropriate/fitting.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Desmond

Jul 12, 2002
Del Piero IMO remains the most marketable Italian footballer out there today.His fan base is huge, he has more appeal in Asia and certainly Japan than anyone else in the team.Not to mention the various sponsorship deals which brings up his exposure worldwide.

Juve have benefitted with him on the field and off it as well,there is no doubt about that.

baggio

Jun 3, 2003
++ [ originally posted by Desmond ] ++
Del Piero IMO remains the most marketable Italian footballer out there today.His fan base is huge, he has more appeal in Asia and certainly Japan than anyone else in the team.Not to mention the various sponsorship deals which brings up his exposure worldwide.

Juve have benefitted with him on the field and off it as well,there is no doubt about that.
I dunno if you'll agree with me here, but i think Buffon is slowly emerging as the most marketable player from Juve. Even though his personal deal is with Puma and not a brand with more global appeal such as Nike or Adidas.

Stu

Jul 14, 2002
++ [ originally posted by - vOnAm - ] ++

Is Del Piero's marketing power really that big anymore? I get shadowfax about Beckham's wages compared to his marketing power, but I dont think DP is still that marketable, or is he?:confused:

I was one of those who talked about beck's wages and other footballers', but only to discusse whether or not their performances merit them not whether or not it is appropriate/fitting.
DP is more marketable than many think. His fan base is huge, in and outside of Italy. In Asia it's all about Baggio, Del Piero & Beckham, and our current tour to Asia would have made very little sense if DP wasn't in the squad. He's the guy people are paying to see up there. I'm pretty sure that his Adidas sponsorship is a good source of income too.

Stu

Jul 14, 2002
++ [ originally posted by baggio ] ++

I dunno if you'll agree with me here, but i think Buffon is slowly emerging as the most marketable player from Juve. Even though his personal deal is with Puma and not a brand with more global appeal such as Nike or Adidas.
At this stage I'd have to say that Del Piero is more marketable than Buffon, but you're right, Gigi is emerging as a very popular player and I wouldn't be surprised if he's up there as our most marketable player before too long.

nedved34

Oct 3, 2002
++ [ originally posted by Zlatan ] ++
Actually, Salas was paid 3-3.6 mil € per year IIRC. Salas wasn't really worth his wages when he just got here and was fully fit.
It was one of the worst deals Moggi done,not to mention the money we paid to Lazio :mad:

kthx

Mar 26, 2005
++ [ originally posted by Stuart ] ++

At this stage I'd have to say that Del Piero is more marketable than Buffon, but you're right, Gigi is emerging as a very popular player and I wouldn't be surprised if he's up there as our most marketable player before too long.
I don't think a goalkeeper will ever be as marketable as a creative forward, no matter how good he is.

Very few people will buy goalie shirts with Buffon on the back compared to others who would buy a number 10 shirt or a number 11 shirt...

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
++ [ originally posted by Shadowfax ] ++
Why on earth do you people go on about dp's wage??

Look at the figures... He brings in more money in merchandising than the rest of the squad put togeather... We could pay him alot more than we do and he would still come for free.

The money he brings in pays for his wages and much more

If anything he should earn more... Not too mention hes allready taken a pay cut in the recent past

Its jus like those that whinge about how much beckham earns... Yet he brought Real £30milion in one year....

Its unbeleivable that people criticise the amount the likes of dp, totti or beckham earn...
And Don Bes remains silent..

Jan 7, 2004

and others speak

Respaul

Jul 14, 2002
++ [ originally posted by baggio ] ++

Oh please... Buffon marketable... As a juve puppet maybe but thats it... However good he is, the vast majority have no interest in buying gk merchandise... for a start its nigh on impossible to buy gk shirts from your average high street shop (where 99% of shirts are brought) + its not cool to have a gk shirt whilst everyone else has the flare and scoring shirts... Thats something that will never be taken from kids attitudes

DP is way ahead of anyone in the team as far as merchandising... Nigh on 90% of juves worldwide printed shirt sales have Del Piero on the back.. Fact!
He brings in more than the entire team put togeather... Fact!
Not too mention the organisers of the eastern tour stipulated... no del piero... no tour... Oh, but that was only worth a few mil... who cares about a few mil...

Next along the list is nedved and zambrotta

Anyway... These figures are all publicly available... so i will not repeat this anymore

gray

Apr 22, 2003
Zambrotta? That's a bit of a surprise, but I guess it makes perfect sense.

I've seen one guy wearing a Buffon jersey before, it was quite a moment :touched:

giovanotti

ONE MAN ARMY
Aug 13, 2004
I will wear Buffon's jersey anytime,I respect him as a keeper,as a man,as a star....he is one of my favs.
Del Piero is really a big Italian star but not like Vieri and Pippo for their great love romances or Totti for bad behaviour...Del Piero remains a star for a full respect,he build that only thanx to his great skills.
Forza Del Piero.

giovanotti

ONE MAN ARMY
Aug 13, 2004
++ [ originally posted by Cronios ] ++
DP wont leave, the Asian tour paid his wage,
he was the number one attraction.
If Zalayeta get loaned out and Trezequet will again get injured,
quess who is gonna called in to do his job again?
Dp is a very usefull tool, he prooved he can be usefull once again this season, next season he will become Juve's greatest scorer ever.
Cap wont hesitate to keep him in the bench and play Treze/Mutu/Cassano as Zlatan's partner most of the season.
On way or the other this season we will have the best attack combo of the last decade!
Some people sould proove they are better than DP,
this can only do good to our team if they do,
if they dont DP would be there.
The only question is how long will Del Piero tolerate his bench status.

ahua

Jun 5, 2005
Del piero is the flare of this team, he is the player with the most played games in the squad, he is the leader scorer, he is fifth in history, and he is the captain remember that, he really is the image of juventus, plus he is a great player when he is in good shape

Azzurri7

Pinturicchio
Dec 16, 2003

Del Piero is #1 Selling Jersey's in Middle-East, #2 in Asia after beckham , I read it once...Forgot the source though. Still he doesn't deserve these wages:rolleyes:

giovanotti

ONE MAN ARMY
Aug 13, 2004
++ [ originally posted by azzurri7 ] ++

Del Piero is #1 Selling Jersey's in Middle-East, #2 in Asia after beckham , I read it once...Forgot the source though. Still he doesn't deserve these wages:rolleyes:
He deserves much more,because he loves Juve and that 's the thing you cannot buy.In the world of bussines where football occupy great part of it it is a pure rarity to have such player in any team.

Stu

Jul 14, 2002
Alex & Zambro staying at Juve
Monday 6 June, 2005

Juventus have confirmed that Alessandro Del Piero and Gianluca Zambrotta will still be wearing the Bianconeri shirt next season.

Both men have been associated with exits but chief operating officer Antonio Giraudo has blocked their departures.

"It is our objective to build a strong and competitive squad, both on the domestic and international scene," he told Radio Anch`io lo Sport.

"I can say that Zambrotta and Del Piero, contrary to what is being said by some, will still be in our colours next season."

Del Piero has been linked with a sale given his uneasy relationship with boss Fabio Capello, who regularly substituted him in the last campaign.

His future has been cast into even more doubt as rumours persist that Juve want Antonio Cassano of Roma.

"Cassano is a great attacker who can make a difference to any team," added Giraudo. "But we have five international strikers which I think is more than enough."

Meanwhile, Zambrotta has been linked with Chelsea after emerging as one of the best left-backs in Europe.

"Do Chelsea want me? Nobody has told me anything," said the player himself. "I’m happy at Juventus and want to stay in an effort to win the Champions’ League.

"That will happen unless Juventus decide they don’t want me anymore."

channel4.com

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)