Delneri quits Roma (1 Viewer)

Geof

May 14, 2004
Delneri Quits Roma
3/14/2005 6:39:00 PM
As widely expected, Gigi Delneri has resigned from his job as Roma coach following the 0-3 defeat at Cagliari.
The former Chievo coach decided to quit the capital city team late on Sunday night following a contestation by a group of Giallorossi fans, but the announcement became official only on Monday afternoon after a meeting between Delneri and Sensi.

The club's Administrator, Rosella Sensi, also announced that Bruno Conti will take over the vacant post. The former 1982 Italian world champion is still regarded as one of the best players to have ever worn the Giallorossi colours and will be greeted like a hero by the Roma fans.

Conti declared that he is "very happy" to be Roma's new coach.

Goal.com

Buy on AliExpress.com

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
++ [ originally posted by Dan ] ++
Well i know one thing i am doing:

Going to bet on milan to beat rome this weekend.
I think betting that Milan will humiliate Roma is a better option

Nicole

Sep 16, 2004
Its disappointing, but Del Neri was in trouble, I believe he needed more time, but there were sometimes (probably unfairely blamed on Del Neri cause this wasnt "his" season, but things like losing to Lazio and being humiliated by Cagliari is unacceptable)

But I am very happy Conti is the caretaker, I hope that he is appointed full-time!! He will have the respect of the players as a former player, and he will make us better!! Next season, thats all I can say, just you wait and see!!

Forza Conti!!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)