Delete All Threads In The Transfer Forum (2 Viewers)

gray

Apr 22, 2003
Juve won’t buy says Lippi
Wednesday 21 January, 2004

Juventus will not be adding to their squad during the January transfer window says boss Marcello Lippi.

The Bianconeri have been linked with a move for Parma’s Matteo Ferrari but the tactician has ruled out any new arrivals.

"It is true that Alessandro Birindelli and Ciro Ferrara have picked up injuries but we have enough defenders here," he stated. "We won’t be buying anyone."

Birindelli has been sidelined for two months, while the veteran should return in about 14 days.

Obviously, both will not be available to play in the Coppa Italia tie against Perugia at the Delle Alpi tonight.

The Italian champions are in pole for a place in the semi-finals after last week’s 2-1 win in Umbria.

"We are very motivated," added the tactician. "Especially as we know we still have work to do in order to book our place in the last four.

"I will also use the game to see how players who have just returned from injury – like Thuram, Tacchinardi and Legrottaglie – are doing physically."

Lippi is set to field a much changed line up from the one that beat Siena. Both Pavel Nedved and David Trezeguet won’t play as they have been rested for the weekend.

Squad: Tacchinardi, Montero, Tudor, Pessotto, Miccoli, Del Piero, Chimenti, Iuliano, Maresca, Camoranesi, Appiah, Zambrotta, Di Vaio, Thuram, Mirante, Legrottaglie, Zalayeta, Boudianski, Bartolucci, Palladino.

------------------------------------------------------------

At times like these, I really don't wanna just trust Lippi with the decisions. Enough defenders?!?! :eek:

Buy on AliExpress.com

Stu

Jul 14, 2002
That's beeping shit! He says that we have enough defenders, fair enough, but not enough GOOD defenders! In Lippi's mind Fresi isn't even good enough for a sub role, Tudor is always injured, Birindelli is out for two months, Ciro for two weeks, Legro is struggling for form and fitness, same goes for Thuram. Atm we have two available defenders that are actually doing well; Montero and Zambrotta, and the latter doesn't do much defending anyways! This is bs.

Oh yeah, I forgot about Iuliano. Wonder why..

Martin

Dec 31, 2000
Chill out, guys.. When is the last time you heard Juve say "we're in trouble, we need to buy"? Never. Always bluff your way out of it and bid on players away from media attention, that's how you get the best price.

OP
gray

gray

Apr 22, 2003
  • Thread Starter #4
    :undecide: we normally don't release a statement regarding these things, we just mind our own business. Actively going out of our way to say that we're not gonna buy any new players is slightly more worrying.

Also, it's Lippi, not Moggi... :down:

Jul 28, 2002
    ahhh we will buy some one, moggi probs told him to say that!!! remember he said we were never going to buy another striker, but we bought salas!!

As martins says diverts the rumours from us...but i reckon we will do sumink in this window....as long as it doesnt involve swap deals for stam im happy!!

Stu

Jul 14, 2002
    I want Ferrari now, and one of Mexes, Van Buyten and Lucio in the summer. Gonzalo Rodriguez wouldn't be bad either, but I'd loan him out for a season or two.

PS. What's the situation with Trabelsi?

Jul 12, 2002
    ++ [ originally posted by gray ] ++
    :undecide: we normally don't release a statement regarding these things, we just mind our own business. Actively going out of our way to say that we're not gonna buy any new players is slightly more worrying.

Also, it's Lippi, not Moggi... :down:
    Actually, both Lippi and Moggi have come out and stated that they won't be purchasing players in the January window for the past two seasons.

Jul 28, 2002
    could this be a double bluff??? as moggi/lippi always say that???

ah well its certainly "fun" trying to predicts juve mercato.....especialy in the end we kno we are gonna be wrong.

OP
    gray

gray

Apr 22, 2003
  • Thread Starter #14
    ++ [ originally posted by John #10 ] ++
    ahhh we will buy some one, moggi probs told him to say that!!! remember he said we were never going to buy another striker, but we bought salas!!
    :scared: Dude, that's not very reassuring. Now that he's said that, are we gonna sign Materazzi? :LOL:

Jul 12, 2002
    ++ [ originally posted by gray ] ++
    :scared: Dude, that's not very reassuring. Now that he's said that, are we gonna sign Materazzi? :LOL:
    :fero::fero::fero: There are worse players out there. For instance, the entire Juventus defence.

K10

Jul 12, 2002
    What's so wrong with Materazzi indeed? He's pretty good in defending not so? Of course he's wild, but no one complained about Edgar!

Well, I just respect Materazzi for he did us Laziale a favour in the 99/00 season. Grazie!

OP
    gray

gray

Apr 22, 2003
  • Thread Starter #17
    Yeah Materazzi ain't so bad, i just felt like making fun of him.
    Paramatti's overused as the typical shite defender.

Fred

Oct 2, 2003
    ++ [ originally posted by John #10 ] ++
    materazzi plays like an englishman in terms of defensive movement.
    Is that bad?:confused:
    I think England have great defenders(not as good as the italian ones)Campbell,Ferdinand,A.Cole and G.Neville.:drool:

The Pado

Filthy Gobbo
    Jul 12, 2002
    Moggi just bought my contract, and I will be joining Juve before the Empoli match on Sunday. I guess Juve needed a defender slightly older than Ferrara.:D

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)