Del Piero... (1 Viewer)

Stu

Jul 14, 2002
++ [ originally posted by Zizou ] ++

That's what all DP fans say at the start of the past 6 seasons :D
And did he not have good seasons in 01-02 and 02-03? It's completely unfair how everyone makes it seem like Del Piero hasn't done anything worth mentioning since 1998.

44BigBert

Aug 20, 2004
++ [ originally posted by azzurri7 ] ++
btw it's not up to totti the #10 , it's up to Lippi , right?
i think the coach might let the players to decide their numbers themselve. Like 2002 worldcup, it was said that Totti has asked Del Piero before he took the #10 and DP take the #7.

I hope Lippi will give DP one more chance in 2006 WC, i really want him to have an excellent tournament and shout everybody's mouth before retire from NT. Of course, in the next 2 years, he needs to prove himself that he deserves to be there, too many competitors for his position now, cassano, miccoli, di vaio, gila....

china man

Sep 6, 2004
del piero is still one off the best well known italian players around the world!!if he doesnt play in wc 2006,then wow,something is not right ladies and gentleman!!!he is still the best entertainer in juve squad and even miccoli and di vaoi doesn t have!!!he is the only character that will build up the team spirit,although he is getting old!!!have faith in him guys he is stil the best have faith!!!he will make it thru first 11 trust me!!don ever put him in the bench!!cause he is a lethal weapon !!!1

44BigBert

Aug 20, 2004
i am a big fans of DP too, i dinfinitely want him to be good, but the reality is from WC98 to Euro04, he never has a good tournament in Azzurri's shirt. yeah, he is unlucky because he always got injuried before big time and the pressure on him is more and more after years, he might even got criticized for only one bad pass in a match. But if i were Lippi, i might need to consider to select another player who i have more faith or hope on him, rather than always face the media and block all the criticizes for him.

having said that, i must clarify that DP is still the one i like the most. i wish him the best in both the club and NT.

Eaglesnake_1

Mar 28, 2004
++ [ originally posted by 44BigBert ] ++
i am a big fans of DP too, i dinfinitely want him to be good, but the reality is from WC98 to Euro04, he never has a good tournament in Azzurri's shirt. yeah, he is unlucky because he always got injuried before big time and the pressure on him is more and more after years, he might even got criticized for only one bad pass in a match. But if i were Lippi, i might need to consider to select another player who i have more faith or hope on him, rather than always face the media and block all the criticizes for him.

having said that, i must clarify that DP is still the one i like the most. i wish him the best in both the club and NT.
Sorry, but i think the reason why Lippi is having faith or hope on him is because they share 5 scudetto and 1 CL cup...reason good enough

china man

Sep 6, 2004
ohhh man!!!even juve fan also critised him so badly?!!!!!hm..maybe he is out off form for sure!!!for now!!come on guys,give him a chances!!!actualy what u all say also true that time has come for a new number 10!!!!!

44BigBert

Aug 20, 2004
++ [ originally posted by 44BigBert ] ++
But if i were Lippi, i might need to consider to select another player who i have more faith or hope on him, rather than always face the media and block all the criticizes for him.

++ [ originally posted by Eaglesnake_1 ] ++

Sorry, but i think the reason why Lippi is having faith or hope on him is because they share 5 scudetto and 1 CL cup...reason good enough
i mean i'd select another player rather than DP !!!

sorry, bad english !!!

Eaglesnake_1

Mar 28, 2004
Does we think that Trappatoni and Lippi are stupids enough to play Del piero if they have another player who garantizes a better performance??? who will be him ?? Miccoli, Divaio, etc. havent prove anything yet...we are still reduced to choose Del piero and Totti as our only creative option for the NT...until somebody new arrives and demostrates the contrary, Alex is still our best choice.......

OP
Azzurri7

Azzurri7

Pinturicchio
Dec 16, 2003
  • Thread Starter #35
    ++ [ originally posted by china man ] ++
    del piero is still one off the best well known italian players around the world!!if he doesnt play in wc 2006,then wow,something is not right ladies and gentleman!!!he is still the best entertainer in juve squad and even miccoli and di vaoi doesn t have!!!he is the only character that will build up the team spirit,although he is getting old!!!have faith in him guys he is stil the best have faith!!!he will make it thru first 11 trust me!!don ever put him in the bench!!cause he is a lethal weapon !!!1
    I gotta agree here with you man !

OP
    Azzurri7

Azzurri7

Pinturicchio
    Dec 16, 2003
  • Thread Starter #36
    ++ [ originally posted by Eaglesnake_1 ] ++

Yep... i love lippi...

OP
    Azzurri7

Azzurri7

Pinturicchio
    Dec 16, 2003
  • Thread Starter #37
    Anyhow i just have some points over here....

Totti : when Totti in Euro 04 got that ban for 3 matches , non of the roma fans criticized Totti , They supported him Even when he was in bad sitiuations not playing well...

While we Juve Fans : If only Dp got injured which is not his fault , or didn't play in good in one of his matches , you start criticizin him .... anyhow i just wanted to give ya the diff between we n some other fans whom they always supports their legends in good and bad times....

Eaglesnake_1

Mar 28, 2004
    The thread is going the same way it is used to be when we talk aboout DP...Why is he so controvertial ??? Why many people takes a radical position about him (love or hate )???
    I think the explanation is more related with people expectancies and judgments about expected-way of life than with the performance or quality play of alex in the pitch.
    Im think the big injury he suffer years ago changes a lot in his way of play, but he has become a much more team player. His plays doesnt shine as years ago, he dont score a lots of goals, he is injury prone...but looking at results he has delivered, we canot complain: FIVE SCUDETTOS IN TEN SEASON WITH JUVE...meaning, that when DP has a good season, we win the serie A.
    On the other hand, is kind of straight guy personality , serious profesional, center-right winged, never critizising companions and easily comercial oriented as suit perfectly the juventus bosses to make him a flag, a "symbol of juventinity"--as vialli said today- not only in the pitch but also out of it, identifing him with a way of life and image that, particularly in Italy, atracts many people, but also is strongly rejected by many others.

Lets wish he will have a good season...if so, we will be in... ;)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)