Del Piero... (2 Viewers)

swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003
Doesn't Miccoli already have #10? At least I think he wore it against Norway.

Miccoli may soon be sporting a new DP voodoo doll at this rate...

OP
Azzurri7

Azzurri7

Pinturicchio
Dec 16, 2003
  • Thread Starter #3
    i didn't meant with Norway match , i meant in general , lets say In Germany 2006 !

Stu

Jul 14, 2002
    I'm pretty sure that Totti will keep the #10, and Lippi has already stated that the captain will be the most capped player in the starting line-up. DP will wear the armband against Moldova on Wednesday granted that he starts, but that's only because of Cannavaro's absence.

Stu

Jul 14, 2002
    ++ [ originally posted by azzurri7 ] ++
    i didn't meant with Norway match , i meant in general , lets say In Germany 2006 !
    Sadly I'm not so sure Alex has another World Cup in him :down:

gray

Apr 22, 2003
    Unless Del Piero dramatically improves, I don't think he'll feature at Germany 2006. He might be in the squad, but I don't think he'll be high up in the pecking order for a first team shirt

JCK

Biased
    JCK
    May 11, 2004
    ++ [ originally posted by gray ] ++
    Unless Del Piero dramatically improves, I don't think he'll feature at Germany 2006. He might be in the squad, but I don't think he'll be high up in the pecking order for a first team shirt
    Let us hope the opposite :)

_Emerson

Aug 13, 2004
    Del Piero most be carefull, i think he is out now, Italy has Miccoli, Cassano, Gilardino, Toni and Totti, so i think Del Piero will be on the bench in germany06! :)

china man

Sep 6, 2004
    i realy agree those who say dp is given 10 jersey ahead of totti!!!we need a well discpline ,hard working player not act like a real superstar!!anyway hope lippi make the final decision for best of the team

Adrian

Jan 31, 2003
    honestly, neither del piero or totti deserve it right now. people criticise del piero for the NT but totti hasnt exactly set the world on fire either.

i truly believe dp should retire from it and just concentrate on playing for juve. cassano,miccoli, gilardino and others need to be given their chance.

as for captain, i would like to see nesta take it after cannavaro, or even buffon. totti is a great captain for roma but i think he has ruined his chances of captaincy for the NT. wouldnt mind if zambrotta was given the chance, he seems to always play great football regardless.

Erkka

Mar 31, 2004
    I'd love to see Rambo as captain of Italy... :cool:

And I agree, DP really should retire from NT, I doubt it will happen though... And I do believe that he'll be with Azzurri in Germany 2006...

Juve_Kosova

★ ★ ★
    May 4, 2004
    ++ [ originally posted by Erkka ] ++
    I'd love to see Rambo as captain of Italy... :cool:

And I agree, DP really should retire from NT, I doubt it will happen though... And I do believe that he'll be with Azzurri in Germany 2006...
    i disagree, DP should NOT retire untill after Germany 2006... ;)

Forza Capitano !

Stu

Jul 14, 2002
    Even if DP does go to Germany in 2006, there's no way he'll beat Cassano to a starting place unless he ups his game a knotch or Totti spits at someone. I'm confident that Alex still has it in him now, but I don't think he will in 06.

Zizou

Apr 21, 2003
    ++ [ originally posted by Stuart ] ++
    I'm confident that Alex still has it in him now, but I don't think he will in 06.
    That's what all DP fans say at the start of the past 6 seasons :D

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)