Del Piero.......... (1 Viewer)

NEDVED

Nov 16, 2003
some of u guys find del piero normal player and his name is bigger than his attitude in the match.

the problem u have guys is that, in the match, u expect del piero to do magic, u want him to do things that u dont see in most of the players even when he is back from an injury, just because his name is del piero and that hes the italian magician....

im not defending del pieros recent performances, but just give him some time to regain his focus and fitness...

Buy on AliExpress.com

Zlatan

Jun 9, 2003
Not another DP thread...

Well, if he's as good as all you DP defenders say, then we do have a right to expect much from him :rolleyes:

OP
NEDVED

NEDVED

Nov 16, 2003
  • Thread Starter #3
    ya ok, but not when hes back from an injury.....

r u going to tell me that he wasnt good in the last season?

btw, u guys (dp bashers) see delpieros negative attitude and dont see his good attitude. and what sux abt ur way of thinking is that u criticise him when hes back from an injury.

i repeat, im not defending him, he sucked so much in the last 3 matches

gigi's twin

Mar 5, 2003
    I like Alex very much, the only thing that I'm sad, that it takes always a lot of time to get back in hi s to form after an injury and during this period the team is suffering as we saw it during the last three matches. And this is because Lippi wants DP to play in every matches as a starter and not let him on the bench as a change possibility till he gets back his form. Maybe DV and/or Miccoli could replace him also during that time. And when the goals don't come during a match he can be sent on the pitch as a sub. The key word id patient, for Lippi and for us as well.

Layce Erayce

Aug 11, 2002
    ++ [ originally posted by -Z- ] ++
    Not another DP thread...

Well, if he's as good as all you DP defenders say, then we do have a right to expect much from him :rolleyes:
    i dunno why not expect the same of buffon? or the defence which cost us goals in the defeat?

Ivy

Jul 16, 2003
    ++ [ originally posted by NEDVED ] ++
    some of u guys find del piero normal player and his name is bigger than his attitude in the match.

the problem u have guys is that, in the match, u expect del piero to do magic, u want him to do things that u dont see in most of the players even when he is back from an injury, just because his name is del piero and that hes the italian magician....

im not defending del pieros recent performances, but just give him some time to regain his focus and fitness...
    ya ok, but not when hes back from an injury.....

r u going to tell me that he wasnt good in the last season?

btw, u guys (dp bashers) see delpieros negative attitude and dont see his good attitude. and what sux abt ur way of thinking is that u criticise him when hes back from an injury.

i repeat, im not defending him, he sucked so much in the last 3 matches
    yeah PAVEL! that's exatcly what i've been trying to say in other threads!!! but i'm a goof ball and you've put it much better than i have here! :thumb:

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
    It's quite obvious that the whole team has underperformed in the last 3 weeks, not just DP.

Unfortunately, when you are the Captain and the highest paid player on the team, you are going to be the lightning rod for criticism, fair or unfair.

Ivy

Jul 16, 2003
    lightning rod should be Tudor or Gigi :D

but anyways, yeah..... i get what you mean but it's just sad that soooo much critism is coming from his own fans. I thought we call yourselves Juve surporters.

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
    Unreasonable expectations, Sunshine.

We lift our heroes so high, only to tear them down.

Have I criticized DP? No.

Do I STILL think that he should be sold? If the price is right, yes.

Is he one of our best 11 RIGHT NOW??, the way they are playing lately, it's hard to tell who is playing well and who isn't.

mikhail

Jan 24, 2003
    ++ [ originally posted by Sunshine ] ++
    ...it's just sad that soooo much critism is coming from his own fans. I thought we call yourselves Juve surporters.
    There's a differance between supporting Juve and blindly assuming that it's perfect.
    I see no hypocracy in someone criticising Del Piero's form (or questioning his place in the team) and then going out and singing their hears out at a Juve match to support him. While he's a Juve player, he should be supported on the field. But if he's no longer good enough to start for Juve, he shouldn't start for Juve.

Ivy

Jul 16, 2003
    Unreasonable expectations, Sunshine.

We lift our heroes so high, only to tear them down.

Have I criticized DP? No.

Do I STILL think that he should be sold? If the price is right, yes.

Is he one of our best 11 RIGHT NOW??, the way they are playing lately, it's hard to tell who is playing well and who isn't.

Sergio, have you seen the way people are reacting in these threads?? Some think that 3 losses are a crisis. Some looks as if the world is about to end. Some seam ready to get rid of the entire team. And look at the way they treat DP.

I'm absolutely fine with what you've said above.

Selling DP if the price was right? yeah, ok.

but it seams to me that others just want to get rid of him just cause of these few matches.

and you're right about the the next line too "the way they are playing lately, it's hard to tell who is playing well and who isn't." but some are singling out DP and he's not our only problem.

Our problem now is the entire team. Lippi must find a way to end the awfull performance they are giving. Overall we don't seam to want to win.... until half time when Lippi brings out the whip. Our defence is not good, the only players that really run anoud the place are Zambro and Neved. Trez is ... not there..... DV's missing stuff again.....uummmmm...... fustrating.....

Anyway, i diddn't mean anything about you at all. What i posted earlier was just general stuff :)

Ivy

Jul 16, 2003
    ++ [ originally posted by mikhail ] ++

There's a differance between supporting Juve and blindly assuming that it's perfect.
    I see no hypocracy in someone criticising Del Piero's form (or questioning his place in the team) and then going out and singing their hears out at a Juve match to support him. While he's a Juve player, he should be supported on the field. But if he's no longer good enough to start for Juve, he shouldn't start for Juve.
    erm... dude.... i think there's a misunderstanding somewhere here.... i think it's my "lousyness at explain myself"

but anyway, yeah, i know what your saying. But that's not my point!

Agree to what you've said but, then how do you conclude if any player is good enough to play/start or ought to be gotten rid off?

You have to see how he's been doing in the long run, not just in the past couple of matches in which he's returned. He's only just come back.

I just don't think it's correct to judge anyone based on his performance in a few matches. If you have to analyse his worth, do it on a broader basis. And if you're conclusion is that he isn't good enough. That's fine. For a player like DP, he's done so much for us but also, he's injury prone and he will do crap at times.

All that i'm against are those who seam to want to throw DP away based on his very recent performances.

I'm not against critisism and i'm not a DP defender/thasher so "blindly assuming" things is the last thing that i will do..... i'm very neutral and i'm looking at how people are looking at things, how much they make sense to me etc....

Ivy

Jul 16, 2003
    mmmmm...... fustrated! ............ !R^$!&)*- *(&))@<------ not bad words.... just mumbling fustration

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
    Is it a Crisis. No, not really.

Of course it sucks when your team loses because you usually only get to play once a week, therefore your frustrations are allowed to fester for a longer period of time.

However, there are some disturbing trends which I've mentioned in other threads that, to me, indicate that things will get worse before they get better.

mikhail

Jan 24, 2003
    erm... dude.... i think there's a misunderstanding somewhere here.... i think it's my "lousyness at explain myself"
    If I may be so rude, it's "explaining myself" :)

how do you conclude if any player is good enough to play/start or ought to be gotten rid off?

You have to see how he's been doing in the long run...

...All that i'm against are those who seam to want to throw DP away based on his very recent performances.
    I understand. I think people don't just look at his form over the past few matches, but over his career, and think to themselves that no matter how mcuh time you give him to recover from the latest injury, he'll just get injured again, just when he's coming good. That's a shame, but it's also a burden on the team. You have to decide if the money spend on DP (which is considerable) is worth weeks of injury, followed by weeks of poor performances as he recovers (which hurts the team as a whole), followed by a short spell of form. Is he worth it? As much as I don't think so, I have to assume that I'm wrong, because I see similar patterns with other players, and I rarely see the player sold. Managers must feel that they are worth it.

OP
    NEDVED

NEDVED

Nov 16, 2003
  • Thread Starter #17
    stop criticizing dp even if he plays bad.

the whole team didnt play well, the tactical strategy was bad and the defence sucked.

imagine that juve played perfect against lazio and won the match, wouldnt dp played well ( like at least scoring or assisting)?

dont forget, ur criticizing dp as if hes the playmaker, as if hes the one to create all the chances to the team.... its nedved to do this.

we didnt get many chances, nedved wasnt in his best form, neither dp who couldnt give the help to the midfield gus..

anyways, lets hope the guys improve in the coming matches...

A_LAcki

Dec 23, 2002
    The problem is that Lippi put him on the field too quick after his injury! Let him some time, and he will do it better! Miccoli, btw, should play more often!

the phoenix

Aug 8, 2002
    Del Piero cannot be blamed for everything, I mean he is only a forward and can only be responsible for so much. Perhaps we should look at Lippi more and see why he plays the player that he select. Meaning why isn't Miccolli, Maresca or Tudor playing more often. Whoever says that our midfield has no creativity is of course right. Our midfield is hard working, but too predictable. Alittle creativit adds dimenxsion. In closing lay of DP.

Ivy

Jul 16, 2003
    ++ [ originally posted by mikhail ] ++

If I may be so rude, it's "explaining myself" :)
    i knew that, it was a typo error, but thank you :)

I understand. I think people don't just look at his form over the past few matches, but over his career, and think to themselves that no matter how mcuh time you give him to recover from the latest injury, he'll just get injured again, just when he's coming good. That's a shame, but it's also a burden on the team. You have to decide if the money spend on DP (which is considerable) is worth weeks of injury, followed by weeks of poor performances as he recovers (which hurts the team as a whole), followed by a short spell of form. Is he worth it? As much as I don't think so, I have to assume that I'm wrong, because I see similar patterns with other players, and I rarely see the player sold. Managers must feel that they are worth it.
    Yeah, and you argument here is fine. This is going back to the age old debate of wether DP should stay or leave.

However, it seams to me that there are people that are pin pointing him for his poor performance recently. Yes he played badly, but he wasn't the worst player on the ptich and he certainly wasn't the only 1 who screwed up. So why say "that he should not play" , " he should be gotten rid of" etc..... DP diddn't even get much of the ball cos we were in our own half trying to not allow any goals in to begin with and the whole team seamed as if they diddn't want to score.

followed by weeks of poor performances as he recovers (which hurts the team as a whole)
    He's not hurting the team very much IMHO. The defence sucks, the forwards that are most to blame are Trez for being on the moon and DV for missing alot of things lately.

You have to decide if the money spend on DP (which is considerable) is worth weeks of injury
    ok, this may sound very naieve, it's just popped at the top of my head But..... Juve is quite a rich club. So..... if they have lots of spending power. Whats the problem? You're saying that DP cost alot and he's often injured etc. But if you they have the money.......

i dunno.... like i said, i just thought of this.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)