Del Piero with Zidane (1 Viewer)

tassard

Jul 30, 2004
Did you see DP in the friendly game between sheva and ronaldinho's teams?

He was GREAT:eek:!!!! and workd very well with zidane.One goal great passes and very good forward runs.If he starts playing like that in serie a....

Maybe we shoulden't have sold sell zidane

Buy on AliExpress.com

mikhail

Jan 24, 2003
Don't get carried away - there's a world of a difference between a charity match and a Serie A match, regardless of the class of the players involved.

OP
tassard

tassard

Jul 30, 2004
  • Thread Starter #3
    Ok he has great teamates but he did good things.

1 shot-1 goal, and some great passes.

Stephañho!

Aug 1, 2002
    I thought he was good, he clearly enjoyed himself combining with Zidane like back in the good old days. But that hardly has any concrete signification. The game was played at zero pace, and the defenders would just not tackle or be *cough* physical (I know Martin likes that term).

Martin

Dec 31, 2000
    There is a time and a place for that term. If you're playing erm physical but still well within the rules of the game then that's alright. What I don't like is a club leading the league in yellow cards being called "phyiscal". Criminal is closer to the mark.

Martin

Dec 31, 2000
    Yes I'm aware of that. But wouldn't you say that most teams and players who function as card collectors usually play on the edge of the rules in terms of the "physical" game?

Stephañho!

Aug 1, 2002
    Probably. I just didn't recognize us in the picture when you had a go at our physical team label. We are not the dirty lot you depicted us as! Are you buying yourself a conscience now? ;-) Capello's system has among other consequences that we're often into professional fouls. At least way more than into career-threatening one's. IMO of course.

Martin

Dec 31, 2000
    Well I'm not as up to date as you probably are, I don't get to see a lot of matches. But the last season with Lippi I was under the impression we were decidedly "physical", Tacchinardi played many games what can I say. So I assumed it's still like that but I don't claim to know anything. I just reacted to how many people excuse foul play and call it "physical" to make it sound prettier.

Btw you really hold a grudge, don't you? I said that what, a week ago? :D

Stephañho!

Aug 1, 2002
    ++ [ originally posted by Martin ] ++
    Well I'm not as up to date as you probably are, I don't get to see a lot of matches. But the last season with Lippi I was under the impression we were decidedly "physical", Tacchinardi played many games what can I say. So I assumed it's still like that but I don't claim to know anything. I just reacted to how many people excuse foul play and call it "physical" to make it sound prettier.

Btw you really hold a grudge, don't you? I said that what, a week ago? :D
    An hour max. as far as I'm concerned. ;)

Alessio is one naughty boy, and he had no Emerson next to him to contain his brutal pulsions! Even Blasi who isn't exactly a choirboy himself seems to have calmed down under the Brazilian's influence. There''s still Zlatan who goes crazy every now and then, but we always forgive him don't we?

Martin

Dec 31, 2000
    Come to think of it, the last few games I witnessed (takes effort to remember, was months ago), we weren't all that dirty actually. Must be the haunting memories. :D

Stephañho!

Aug 1, 2002
    See? :cool:

In any case, tonight made it obvious that a game without proper defending (included dirty challenges) is even more boring than a game without proper attacking! :yawn:

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
    Mar 16, 2004
    ++ [ originally posted by Stephañho! ] ++

In any case, tonight made it obvious that a game without proper defending (included dirty challenges) is even more boring than a game without proper attacking! :yawn:
    Yeah that match today was rather boring. I hate seeing defenders not really try at all.

Martin

Dec 31, 2000
    ++ [ originally posted by Stephañho! ] ++

I saw the previous edition of this game, including Robinho and the gang. Same deal then, defenders stood around the penalty area, otherwise casually walking around the pitch. Not much of a spectacle then.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)