Del Piero taking drugs? (1 Viewer)

The Pado

Filthy Gobbo
Jul 12, 2002
I earn 6 Million per year for playing football. My sponsorship deals net a further 13 Million. Without football I have nothing. A single positive dope test will see me banned from the sport for a minimum of 4 months to a maximum of Lifetime ban. Now, do you really think I use drugs, or is that the best way you can criticise my performance at Euro 2004?

Buy on AliExpress.com

NEDVED

Nov 16, 2003
quite honestly if dp takes drug and he is in this form, then how would he be without drugs???! i dont think he takes or used to take drugs

OP
Seven

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
  • Thread Starter #103
    I believe that there is a big possibility Del Piero takes/took drugs. After all a serious sports man wants to win at all costs and sometimes that's impossible without drugs. On the other hand I even believe we should go as far as not blaming the atletes for taking drugs, but the people surrounding them. Not even every atlete is aware of it when he takes drugs.

But what I can say for sure is, that if Del Piero and Juventus players took drugs, so did practically every big football player in Europe. There's no way you can compete with a team filled with stars that are taking drugs if you don't take any yourself.

OP
    Seven

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
    Jun 25, 2003
  • Thread Starter #105
    Creatine may not be illegal but it's performance enhancing so I don't know why it's legal.

delpiero10

Apr 5, 2004
    Because it is just a kind of natural proteins, it is up to the one who uses it
    But the fact that DP has used it is very stupid, because a techical player like him is not supposed to build muscles and gain a lot of weight, that only makes him slower and less technical.

Juve has never used any illegal drugs, but Agricola has experimented with different kinds of anti-depressive drugs and drugs that affects the brain. Normally used on sick people. But again nothing illegal, just wrong.

OP
    Seven

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
    Jun 25, 2003
  • Thread Starter #108
    I was formerly known as AndriesGobert yes. But I have to say, I didn't really want to talk about this topic anymore, because I don't see why it is still important whether or not players take drugs. If they do and they show some nice things on the pitch, good for them, if they don't and they show some nice things on the pitch, good for them as well.

Using creatine is the same as using drugs in my opinion. It helps you to gain muscles more easily. And just as with some drugs, you'll still have to train, but you gain way better results. Drugs are built out of natural products as well. In fact everything is built out of natural products. So I don't see why we should allow some natural products and reject others.

Kiko

Jun 2, 2003
    Actualy I think Creatine would impede players more then anything else.... I mean that stuff is used by bodybuilders in order to get bigger muscles. As most of you probably know, muscles are heavier than fat, so it would pretty much only slow him down. Whats much more practicle for football players is to do many reps of lower weights; the workout would enphesize on strenght more than muscle build (which is pretty much the goal of runners).

Anyways thats my take on that option... but I only play football and weight train for fun so whatever

polaris

Aug 6, 2003
    ++ [ originally posted by Seven ] ++
    Creatine may not be illegal but it's performance enhancing so I don't know why it's legal.
    Its not performance enhancing in an unatural way. creatine helps ONLY with training. It allows faster recovery during weight training which allows you to work out more. Ban it if you want but it is not a blatant doping situation such as hormones or stimulants. creatine is not effective on everyone anyways.

The most value for use of creatine would be to strength/power athletes, not a footballer. So sports such as sprinting, shotput/hammer throw/other field events, football, and baseball. I doubt very many footballers use creatine anyways, and if they do it would be in preseason weight training periods only.

delpiero10

Apr 5, 2004
    Actually its known that almost everyone in Juve used creatine in 97..98...., Vialli, Del Piero and others too. Some say it is because Juve's style of play is more physical and thats why they are interessted in it. But i cant totally agree in that.

But now a days its probably not used much anymore. Even thoug its natural and legal, it is a bit dangerous since it can damage the kidney and you can even get cancer of it, by long time use.

OP
    Seven

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
    Jun 25, 2003
  • Thread Starter #112
    My point is that if you ban drugs because they are performance enhancing you should ban creatine as well. I know creatine just allows faster recovery, but then you could allow EPO as well.

polaris

Aug 6, 2003
    EPO promotes increase of red blood cells. Creatine aids only in training and recovery, and not directly to a performance factor so there is a large difference. The case for banning creatine is as strong as the one for not banning it, so either choice is acceptable. The issue is screening for creatine is not possible as it is found in very different levels in different people according to diet. You many think all athletes have similar diets, but they do not, and in fact may eat less than non-athletes.

I wish I could show my prof this for extra marks...applied use of course materials. :pp

delpiero10

Apr 5, 2004
    Creatine doesnt only allows faster recovery, but it gives you a protein boost, so that you dont have to eat tons of chicken and other protein rich food to build muscles.

OP
    Seven

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
    Jun 25, 2003
  • Thread Starter #115
    But still, you could say there is something unnatural about creatine? How else would you get those protein boosts? It's not like you eat loads of chickens every day.

Stu

Jul 14, 2002
    ++ [ originally posted by Padovano ] ++
    I earn 6 Million per year for playing football. My sponsorship deals net a further 13 Million. Without football I have nothing. A single positive dope test will see me banned from the sport for a minimum of 4 months to a maximum of Lifetime ban. Now, do you really think I use drugs, or is that the best way you can criticise my performance at Euro 2004?
    :howler:

polaris

Aug 6, 2003
    ++ [ originally posted by delpiero10 ] ++
    Creatine doesnt only allows faster recovery, but it gives you a protein boost, so that you dont have to eat tons of chicken and other protein rich food to build muscles.
    no, its does not. Creatine Phosphate is a source of energy used to restore the fuel used in sprinting/short duration movements. Creatine It is safe to take , unlike many of the banned substances.

I agree it is an unatural source, which is the case for banning it. The issue is then you must have a test to find people using creatine, which is not reliable at this point from what I know.

Vinman

2013 Prediction Cup Champ
    Jul 16, 2002
    ++ [ originally posted by polaris ] ++

no, its does not. Creatine Phosphate is a source of energy used to restore the fuel used in sprinting/short duration movements. Creatine It is safe to take , unlike many of the banned substances.

I agree it is an unatural source, which is the case for banning it. The issue is then you must have a test to find people using creatine, which is not reliable at this point from what I know.

Some of you guys are soooo... misguided !!!!!!

Creatine is found in beef, spinach, and other foods in small quantities

I use creatine, but honestly dont feel it does much of anything.......

If you lift weights, eat right, and get sufficient rest, YOU WILL GROW !!!!!

DP isnt takung 'roids.....I see his pics, and believe me, I know guys taking juice when I see them.....

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)