Del Piero out of Arsenal clash (2 Viewers)

jussiut

Feb 22, 2005
Capello demands Juventus focus
Tuesday 28 March, 2006

Fabio Crapello insists his Juventus side have the qualities to dismiss the threat of Arsenal in tonight’s Champions League tie.

The Highbury outfit do seem to fancy their chances against the Italian giants even if Capello has great faith in his players.

“It will be a difficult game for us,” said the tactician. “We must stay very alert, but we are strong enough to not only beat Arsenal but also reach the Paris Final.”

The Old Lady travelled to London without the suspended Pavel Nedved and the injured Alessandro Del Piero.

The first is likely to be replaced by former Chelsea player Adrian Mutu, while David Trezeguet with be partnered in attack by an under-fire Zlatan Ibrahimovic.

“I think Zlatan will have a good game,” assured the tactician. “He is sometimes wrongly criticised, but he is of vital importance to the team and I am happy with him.”

Tonight’s clash at Highbury is understandably being dominated by Patrick Vieira’s return, but the Coach insists a former Juventus player could be key.

“All home teams in Europe are called to attack in games, especially when a side has a player like Thierry Henry,” noted Don Fabio. “We must stay focused.”

The Premiership outfit will be the fresher team after their weekend game was postponed, while Juve had to play for 45 minutes against Roma with 10 men.

Yet Capello isn’t worried, in fact, Saturday’s Delle Alpi performance has left him in great spirits.

“The team is in good shape and I think that was evident against Roma,” he argued, even if many commentators were not that impressed with their display.

“It was an important test for us ahead of the Arsenal match, but we must now go and prove ourselves on the pitch.”

Meanwhile, Del Piero has been ruled out of action for the next 10 days which means he will also miss the second leg of the match against Arsenal.

--------------------------

That's it then.

mnementh

Jun 5, 2005
Everyone now wants Del Piero, interesting :smoke: I thought Zlatan was the real goods, ah Capello ? Regardess, Juve needs to really play a great game to overcome this tragedy of the first leg.

Tino

Il Tedesco
Feb 1, 2005
is this a damn april-joke or what??? I cant believe it! we need him so much!

GEt back on track soon Ale!

Hydde

Minimiliano Tristelli
Mar 6, 2003
He will not be on the game

he even didnt got to the bench of the treviso game..

Without alex our hopes are zero to nothing.

Desmond

Jul 12, 2002
There's a chance he'll make the team now obviously, it'd suck big time if he went throught all that treatment and it all came to nought. :frown2:

OP
Zé Tahir

Zé Tahir

JhoolayLaaaal!
Dec 10, 2004
  • Thread Starter #35
    Juventus striker Alessandro Del Piero could start the club's crucial UEFA Champions League clash against Arsenal on Wednesday.

The gifted front-man missed the first leg of the tie at Highbury due to a leg injury, a game the Old Lady lost 2-0.

Many believe Juve have no chance in the return leg at the Stadio Delle Alpi in midweek, but Del Piero has other ideas.

The experienced striker has recovered well from his knock and is determined to help his side progress to the semis at Arsenal's expense.

"My recovery has gone the best way possible," he told his personal website.

"In the second leg at Delle Alpi we will try to take away The Gunners' ticket for the semi-final.

"It will be a different match than the one at Highbury."

-Sky Sports

OP
    Zé Tahir

Zé Tahir

JhoolayLaaaal!
    Dec 10, 2004
  • Thread Starter #39
    Juventus will be without Alessandro Del Piero for Wednesday's Champions League game against Arsenal, but midfielder Pavel Nedved returns from suspension.

Striker Del Piero failed to shake off a thigh injury and joins banned trio Jonathan Zebina, Patrick Vieira and Mauro Camoranesi on the sidelines.

Arsenal are waiting on the fitness of Cesc Fabregas and Emmanuel Eboue after the pair picked up weekend injuries.

Midfielder Freddie Ljungberg remains a concern with a calf injury.

-BBC News

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)