Del Piero out of Arsenal clash (1 Viewer)

Zé Tahir

JhoolayLaaaal!
Dec 10, 2004
Alessandro Del Piero has been ruled out of Juventus' clash against Arsenal on Tuesday with a leg injury.

The Serie A leaders travel to London to take on Arsene Wenger's in-form Gunners in the UEFA Champions League quarter finals this week, but will be without their talismanic playmaker.

The 31-year-old aggravated his left thigh muscle in Saturday's 1-1 draw with Roma and had to be substituted after just 16 minutes.

He will undergo further scans on Monday to determine the full extent of the injury, but coach Fabio Capello has already to decide not to risk him against Arsenal.

Juve's starting line-up is likely to comprise David Trezeguet and Zlatan Ibrahimovic up front, while Patrick Vieira is set for an emotional return to Highbury.

-Sky Sports

Buy on AliExpress.com

Boksic

May 11, 2005
im disappointed i have to say.

I think Del Piero really could have stared at highbury.

His movement and runs are so underrated and would surely have caused a huge amount of space when playing against Arsenal's young inexperrienced defence.

I just hope Zlatan finds his scoring boots

swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003
Bardock said:
I'd rather see Mutu next to Trezeguet than Ibra.
Exactly my sentiments. He would make a better complement to him also.

But with Nedved out on cards, we're going to need him on the wings though...

Desmond

Jul 12, 2002
A grand pity I must say, with our injury and suspension problems we're more or less restricted to playing Ibra-Trezeguet up front and Mutu on the wings, with practically no one on the bench capable of making an impact.

Maher

Juventuz addict
Dec 16, 2002
IMO dp presence or absence will not make any difference , the important is our team ready to play 100 % of their potential or NOT

Philipp00

Jan 31, 2004
Trezeguet, Zlatan or Adrian will have to do the job. I am unhappy that we are without Alex but our squad has enough quality to compensate his loss.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)