Del Piero: Hero thus choker? (5 Viewers)

OP
Seven

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
  • Thread Starter #41
    Del Piero has been treated unfair throughout his entire career and he is absolutely just to react. BUT would he have reacted if he didn't feel the end is nearby?

Buy on AliExpress.com
    OP
    Seven

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
    Jun 25, 2003
  • Thread Starter #43
    If he was a shadow of himself when he scored 16 times in Serie A in 2001/2002 and 2002/2003 I'd like to know how much his real self would score.

OP
    Seven

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
    Jun 25, 2003
  • Thread Starter #44
    Though it's true he still wasn't as good as in 98, but still..

OP
    Seven

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
    Jun 25, 2003
  • Thread Starter #46
    Look, Del Piero's style has changed since 98. His current style won't ever allow him to score more than 20 goals. Wheter he himself likes it or not, he's evolved to more of a playmaker than a striker.

OP
    Seven

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
    Jun 25, 2003
  • Thread Starter #48
    Have you noticed how much more agressive Totti is? And I never said Del Piero was better than Totti. Surely the young Ale was, but he scored more than 20 as well.

OP
    Seven

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
    Jun 25, 2003
  • Thread Starter #49
    His cheeky backheel against Torino (2002/2003), his volley against Brescia (2002/2003), his karate kick against Piacenza (2002/2003) and his goal against Real Madrid (2002/2003) prove not all of his talent is lost.

delpiero10

Apr 5, 2004
    ++ [ originally posted by Seven ] ++
    His cheeky backheel against Torino (2002/2003), his volley against Brescia (2002/2003), his karate kick against Piacenza (2002/2003) and his goal against Real Madrid (2002/2003) prove not all of his talent is lost.
    Absolutely true, but its not often that he does it. Most of his matches could a lot of strikers done better than him.

NEDVED

Nov 16, 2003
    If he was a shadow of himself when he scored 16 times in Serie A in 2001/2002 and 2002/2003 I'd like to know how much his real self would score.
    its not all about scoring goals, dp at the mean time lacks the confidence he used to show in the past, he prefers to pass the ball rather than creating something by himself, he is scared of dribbling, the reason behind this is that he is kinda heavy, i mean his height is 173 cm and his weight is 74 kgs, which is not good for a forward, he needs to lose some weight in order to be quick in dribbling and moving, by this, he regains his confidence and form.

OP
    Seven

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
    Jun 25, 2003
  • Thread Starter #55
    Probably, but for example in the game against Real no one could have played better than him. In games such as that one he's the best 2nd striker in the world. But sadly, Juventus played Real Madrid in a semi-final..

OP
    Seven

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
    Jun 25, 2003
  • Thread Starter #56
    ++ [ originally posted by NEDVED ] ++

its not all about scoring goals, dp at the mean lacks the confidence he used to show in the past, he prefers to pass the ball rather than creating something by himself, he is scared of dribbling, the reason behind this is that he is kinda heavy, i mean his height is 173 cm and his weight is 74 kgs, which is not good for a forward, he needs to lose some weight in order to be quick in dribbling and by this, he regains his confidence and form.
    I've said the exact same thing about his weight a time ago. He's just waaaaaay too strong for a 2nd striker. He has done too much powertraining, it's really obvious.

He should train less in the gym and more on the pitch.

delpiero10

Apr 5, 2004
    Probably, but for example in the game against Real no one could have played better than him. In games such as that one he's the best 2nd striker in the world. But sadly, Juventus played Real Madrid in a semi-final..
    True, with DP its like use him all season long, and if you are lucky you will see 1 or maybe 2 matches with magic that no one could do better.

But what about all the other matches in the season?, i think Miccoli for example would hav done it A LOT better overally.

OP
    Seven

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
    Jun 25, 2003
  • Thread Starter #59
    ++ [ originally posted by delpiero10 ] ++

True, with DP its like use him all season long, and if you are lucky you will see 1 or maybe 2 matches with magic that no one could do better.

But what about all the other matches in the season?, i think Miccoli for example would hav done it A LOT better overally.
    That might be, but with Miccoli we wouldn't have been in the final.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 5)