Del Piero: Hero thus choker? (1 Viewer)

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
Well.. I"ve actually got a (rather strange) solution for this puzzle. Del Piero is a hero, so he must choke. Just like Achilles, who caused the death of many of his fellow comrads and Agamemnon, who wasn't capable of being the godlike leader he was ought to be. And like Hannibal, who conquered the Alps proving to be a great general, but then losing his cool when he found himself so close to Rome.

I think people who are very gifted sometimes have problems to finish things off. Mainly because they want to do it too nicely. Hannibal wanted to humiliate the Romans, Achilles wanted all the honour for himself and Agamemnon wished to be greater than Achilles.

So, Del Piero hero thus choker?

Buy on AliExpress.com
OP
Seven

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
  • Thread Starter #3
    Heros are heros, no matter what their category is.

Jan 7, 2004
    but it is still stupid to compare too things that are so different.

plus what you are saying is that becoz DP is SO ****in good that he cant perform. probably coz he is over-confident

that could have been said 4 years ago when he first stated sucking. how can you say he is over-confedent after 4 years of sucking.

OP
    Seven

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
    Jun 25, 2003
  • Thread Starter #5
    He isn't over confident anymore, he's scared every time he touches the ball. I've never seen a player so scared to do something. Del Piero used to be good, I'm not really talking about the present anymore. I don't expect anything from Ale these days.

OP
    Seven

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
    Jun 25, 2003
  • Thread Starter #7
    No, I don't want to sell Del Piero. He's not his old self anymore, but that doesn't change the fact he's my hero :D.

OP
    Seven

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
    Jun 25, 2003
  • Thread Starter #8
    In fact he's the only hero I'll ever have, I started supporting him when I was 9..Given that I'm 17 now, I guess I won't have another hero anymore..

OP
    Seven

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
    Jun 25, 2003
  • Thread Starter #12
    Yeah, I know, but if I had posted it in that thread I don't think it would have gotten that much attention. And I wanted to know whether or not I had come up with something great, probably not though.

JuveCampione

Sep 21, 2002
    ++ [ originally posted by Don Bes ] ++
    but it is still stupid to compare too things that are so different.

plus what you are saying is that becoz DP is SO ****in good that he cant perform. probably coz he is over-confident

that could have been said 4 years ago when he first stated sucking. how can you say he is over-confedent after 4 years of sucking.
    hey you can't say that, in our championship's seasons he scored 32 goals and contributed a lot to us. he wasn't that bad that's what i'm saying

OP
    Seven

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
    Jun 25, 2003
  • Thread Starter #15
    I didn't watch Troy. I study Greek and Latin literature at but I'm just saying some heros choke. Or at least those tragic classic hero's.

And I'm not influenced, there's just a lot to be learnt from those cultures.

Lilianna

Apr 3, 2003
    ok,ok....
    i just asked ;)

i know a lot myself because i am greek...and all heroes have shortcomings and they all have weaknesses...

but,let's give our hero an other chance and it may end up with a happy end ;)

OP
    Seven

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
    Jun 25, 2003
  • Thread Starter #17
    If Del Piero is the kind of hero that chokes (which looks likely :D), it won't end up with a happy end..:down:

OP
    Seven

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
    Jun 25, 2003
  • Thread Starter #19
    Oh yes, Nedved...Nedved is sooo frustrating too watch. You just know he'll miss that final anyway.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)