Del Piero Goal Statistics (3 Viewers)

Adrian

Jan 31, 2003
he has scored 172 goals or more or less or whatever, but how many has he created?? he would have created at least 100 goals in his career as well...he gave inzaghi 15 goals a season on a plate for 3 seasons...:D

isha00

Jun 24, 2003
Yeah, if he continues scoring like he has done in the last month, 7 goals before the end of the season shouldn't be a problem. :)

ADP Timers

Feb 4, 2004
++ [ originally posted by isha00 ] ++
Yeah, if he continues scoring like he has done in the last month, 7 goals before the end of the season shouldn't be a problem. :)
I dont know guys, theres what, about 9 or 10 games left in Serie A, plus whatever Champions League games left, be it Liverpool, then 2 more, then 1. So 4 more there.

7 goals in 14 games? That right?
Seems tough, granted he must play at least 45 every game, with no injuries.

Stu

Jul 14, 2002
I hope he breaks the record this season as he may not be around next year. I hope he stays but it isn't a certainty.

isha00

Jun 24, 2003
++ [ originally posted by ADP Timers ] ++

I dont know guys, theres what, about 9 or 10 games left in Serie A, plus whatever Champions League games left, be it Liverpool, then 2 more, then 1. So 4 more there.

7 goals in 14 games? That right?
Seems tough, granted he must play at least 45 every game, with no injuries.
He can only if he keeps on scoring like he has in the last games, almost 1 goal a match or so.

2 against Siena
1 against Roma
0 against Real
0 against Chievo
1 against Reggina
1 against Liverpool (even though it wasn't allowed)
1 against Fiorentina

Desmond

Jul 12, 2002
Lippi Re-opens National Team Doors To Del Piero
4/11/2005 4:40:00 PM
The Azzurri’s coach declared during a television program that the Juventus forward still has a place in the Italian national team.
Marcello Lippi sent positive sign towards Alessandro Del Piero whom he still considers important for Italy. The former Juventus coach praised Pinturicchio’s performance against Fiorentina and left the door open for future call-ups.

“I saw a very active Del Piero, and in a good condition. He is part of the national team, which doesn’t mean that he has to be called-up every time: and he knows this. I choose once at a time, in these two years that must take us to the World Cup qualification and not only on the basis of the condition at the current moment. There are also other factors but those, if you don’t mind, I won’t reveal.”

Del Piero was the author of Juve's first goal in Saturday night's spectacular encounter against Fiorentina which ended 3-3.

Desmond

Jul 12, 2002
Question is if he'll get the playing time.Look at Ferrara,he's been on the bench forever this season,and how many minutes has he actually played??Montero was preferred this year,and I'm sure that will be the case for Trezeguet or Mutu next season,or even Zalayeta.

Oct 29, 2004
++ [ originally posted by Desmond ] ++
Question is if he'll get the playing time.Look at Ferrara,he's been on the bench forever this season,and how many minutes has he actually played??Montero was preferred this year,and I'm sure that will be the case for Trezeguet or Mutu next season,or even Zalayeta.
trez/mutu maybe, but if zala plays insted of him, the fans will have the coaches head

ZAF3000

Feb 14, 2005
++ [ originally posted by Desmond ] ++
It would be highly unfair for hm and to the club to keep such a player on the bench. Ferrara is 38 years old. When he was 30-31 he was playing regularly.
Many people have doubted Del Piero. Some even said before the Milan match we are better off playing with 1 forward and not to play Del Piero... Del Piero always manages to shut his critics up.'
Del Piero should stay, and he should play when he is ready to play. Even if he does not perform well, or score, he has his psychological impact on the team and fans. And the Oponants know better not to underestimate such a player..

Thats my opinion, you are free to disagree.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 3)