Del Piero Back With A Bang (3 Viewers)

hoshi

Sep 2, 2002
++ [ originally posted by EriN ] ++

stop it Hoshi he isnt old ok? 28 isnt old u r talkin bout him like hes 80 sumthin :down:
don't get me wring, EriN, dp is my favourite player, i think he's incredibly talented, has a gifted vision and is a very humble man, too.
but is all realism the majority of soccer players don't hang around for too long after they're 30. i realise that there are quite a few notable excetions to this, and frankly i'd like to see dp playing for as long as possible
but at the same time, statistically, it probably just won't happen.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Martin

Dec 31, 2000
++ [ originally posted by denco ] ++
When Dp does leave the next marquee personality will be probably another goodlooking forward who can bring the crowd to their feet and probably be wearing numero 10 , probably be Italian
Agnelli died to soon to point out the next #10..

Jul 28, 2002
++ [ originally posted by denco ] ++

Buffon of cos has his fan base heck he might be a cult hero but goalies are not usually marquee in big sides
errr id hate to start an arguement, but aint Oliver Kahn a cult hero at Bayern??

Imo Canizarez is valencias (IMO)

But not many marque goalies :D

mate

Aug 28, 2002
++ [ originally posted by Alex ] ++
Agnelli died to soon to point out the next #10..
I guess they have already decided him... Miccoli was bought last year!

About Buffon: he's already a cult in the sense that he is no dubly the most "commercialized" player after Del Piero, but the world "cult" it's always very sobjective, it depends a cult 4 who... if you look trought the internet you will find thousend of pictures of DP and Buffon, but if you go to stadium you will see that the most ceared players in Juventus are Davids and Nedved, and they are the onlyones who have a special banner whit their face hanged by ultras every match. And ultras still call "il capitano" Conte btw.
If Buffon can become a cult 4 everybody... who knows and actually who cares... but IMO he has everything 4 it, also if Ultras hardly choose the same players who are choosed by girls and by media 4 their image. But maybe they will do an excepition 4 Gigi... he is the also the untoched titolar goalkeeper of the NT and no dubtly one of the best of the world.
Miccoli could work out better 4 them, but Juve die hard organized groups are famos to be politicaly "on the right" while Fabrizio do not hide beeing "on the left" as he has an enourmus Che Guevara tatoo on his leg.
Well it has nothing to with soccer... It's courios to see how different kind of peaple choose different kind of "idols" but let's say it: who cares about how players look like, think or speak, the important is that they do their job in the field ;)

Desmond

Jul 12, 2002
i have a question:has tacchi taken over as vice captain to conte already?

i saw in the basle match that he was captain even when dp was playing....

EriN

Mar 11, 2003
++ [ originally posted by hoshi ] ++

don't get me wring, EriN, dp is my favourite player, i think he's incredibly talented, has a gifted vision and is a very humble man, too.
but is all realism the majority of soccer players don't hang around for too long after they're 30. i realise that there are quite a few notable excetions to this, and frankly i'd like to see dp playing for as long as possible
but at the same time, statistically, it probably just won't happen.
oh :down: its sad he spent most of his time injured

OP
Stu

Stu

Jul 14, 2002
  • Thread Starter #55
    ++ [ originally posted by Rickenbacker2 ] ++
    Tacchinardi, captain? That's wierd. Gigi should be captain.
    What's wrong with Tacchi as captain? Imo he has most if not all the makings of a good captain; he shows good leadership and passion in midfield, he's commited to the club, always gives his all... What more do you want from a capitano?

OP
    Stu

Stu

Jul 14, 2002
  • Thread Starter #57
    ++ [ originally posted by hoshi ] ++
    sporting is a profession akin to modelling

generally, by 30 you're seriously looking at retirement
    Yea that's true, especially for strikers. Most players that extend their careers past the age of 34 are defenders ...

EriN

Mar 11, 2003
    ++ [ originally posted by -Fantasista- ] ++

Yea that's true, especially for strikers. Most players that extend their careers past the age of 34 are defenders ...
    oh but wat if he keeps his fitness i mean look at madonna shes over 4o and she still sings :D

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)