Dejan Kulusevski (44 Viewers)

GrandeGigi

Sep 18, 2012
We paid 35 mil for him with a possible 9 mil in bonuses. Given how bad he flopped here, I doubt we paid those bonuses lol. Thankfully we were able to sell him for 40mil which is certainly more than he’s worth.

- - - Updated - - -

To put towards the next Bernadeschi :tuttosport:
Fair enough, the undisclosed bonuses naturally distort what we can see and judge from the outside.
I don’t doubt 40 million is decent value, even if I strongly believe another prem team would pay the 35 million.

What is clear is that 10 years ago we were regularly selling players on a profit. Now we sell our players for less than what we pay or see them hang around leaching high contracts and leave on a free.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Boksic

May 11, 2005
Poor deal, no way we should be discounting for him. Spurs would probably have paid the 35m or we could have got at least that elsewhere.

They are also paying the 30m over 6 years which is ridiculously long for a club with their finances.

Last edited:

Mike-e-y

Jul 18, 2004
Payable over 6 financial years??????!!!!

what the actual fuck is wrong with us??? That’s a PL team low balling us. They have more money than sense and we still can’t make a proper sale. That’s £5m a year!!! We need money now… we could have easily sold him to another PL team for probably more than £30m in cash upfront!!!

PhRoZeN

Livin with Mediocre
Mar 29, 2006
We have the biggest hearts around. Discount when we sell, premium when we buy :touched:
While congratulating everyone and everything. :touched:

- - - Updated - - -

It's like marotta, tici and the board of directors never left. We've been doing this for god knows, never making substantial profit. The one moment we did (pogba), we bought that fatty higuain and then later bring back the damaged goods (pogba). It's in our DNA.

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
Payable over 6 financial years??????!!!!

what the actual fuck is wrong with us??? That’s a PL team low balling us. They have more money than sense and we still can’t make a proper sale. That’s £5m a year!!! We need money now… we could have easily sold him to another PL team for probably more than £30m in cash upfront!!!
:lol:
Based on what? He’s been absolute rubbish for two and a half of the past 3 seasons.

cimenk

Jul 23, 2008
Based on what? He’s been absolute rubbish for two and a half of the past 3 seasons.
He was good under Pirlo
Average under Allegri for half season
Very Good under Conte for 2nd half of the season. Start well last season but average after WC.

The deal is poor. Discount already enough but payable in 6 years ? There lots of other PL teams can buy him for 30-35m

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
He was good under Pirlo
Average under Allegri for half season
Very Good under Conte for 2nd half of the season. Start well last season but average after WC.

The deal is poor. Discount already enough but payable in 6 years ? There lots of other PL teams can buy him for 30-35m
Good? Lol

Outside his 4 months under Conte in 2022 winter-spring and when he was very good, his production was garbage.

Under Pirlo: Goal or assist every 196 minutes
Under Allegri: Goal or assist every 194 minutes
Under Conte 2021-22 season: Goal or assist every 107 minutes
2022-23 season: Goal or assist every 242 minutes

Aside from that few months stretch in 2022, he’s just another attacking winger with no end product. ~200ish minutes per contribution is piss poor, especially given he was playing with Ronaldo under Pirlo and Kane at Tottenham.

The 6 instalments is laughable, but the 40 mil Spurs will have paid for him total is easily as much as he’s worth.

Mike-e-y

Jul 18, 2004
You are aware in the PL players like Harry Maguire go for £80m lump sum?

Newly promoted sides buy players for more than £30m and they certainly pay for that in far less than six years.

Talk all you want but he had a great year under Conte and showed he can play in that league. He’s an average player but he is young and in that league average young players go for £30m cash easily. What the hell does £5m a year for another 6 years do for us? Rather sell him for £20m now so it can have an actual impact on the books.

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
You are aware in the PL players like Harry Maguire go for £80m lump sum?

Newly promoted sides buy players for more than £30m and they certainly pay for that in far less than six years.

Talk all you want but he had a great year under Conte and showed he can play in that league. He’s an average player but he is young and in that league average young players go for £30m cash easily. What the hell does £5m a year for another 6 years do for us? Rather sell him for £20m now so it can have an actual impact on the books.
A great year? He had a great late January to May under Conte last year. He was absolute rubbish under Conte from August until March this year. He had 2 goals-6 assists in 7 months under Conte this season, and that’s playing with Harry Kane as his CF. His production was actually far worse under Conte in the 2022-23 season than it was in his 5 months under Allegri.

While I agree the 6 instalments is absolutely stupid. The overall fee is perfectly fine for this bum. 4 months of great form doesn’t erase 2.5 years of shit surrounding it.

Orgut

Dec 31, 2002
Poor deal, no way we should be discounting for him. Spurs would probably have paid the 35m or we could have got at least that elsewhere.

They are also paying the 30m over 6 years which is ridiculously long for a club with their finances.
Tottenham are considered a rich club and they play in EPL. This deal shows we cant negotiate shit. The other club show their numbers and insist and we are "discussing" a resolution only to fulfill their wishes later.

swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003
Coming from a country of poor people, you always notice how locals will haggle over the price of something that someone in a Germany or UK wouldn't think twice about, paying you straight up in cash on the spot.

So when you get the likes of them haggling, that's when you know your product is crap and you are merely viewed as the Lidl of European football -- that you're viewed as the place to buy a half-dozen Swedish wingers for a weekend football bender as if they were German-made frozen pizzas.

Mike-e-y

Jul 18, 2004
A great year? He had a great late January to May under Conte last year. He was absolute rubbish under Conte from August until March this year. He had 2 goals-6 assists in 7 months under Conte this season, and that’s playing with Harry Kane as his CF. His production was actually far worse under Conte in the 2022-23 season than it was in his 5 months under Allegri.

While I agree the 6 instalments is absolutely stupid. The overall fee is perfectly fine for this bum. 4 months of great form doesn’t erase 2.5 years of shit surrounding it.
6 months of good form in the PL is all you ever need to convince the whole of that league that you are world class (I know he is not and I know he has been average aside from that).

The fee is ok, but again it’s infuriating that we enter negotiations bent over with our pants around our ankles, in absolute desperation of selling to the first rather than best bid. We could have got a better deal than that by holding out. The 6 year instalment is a joke. £5m a year for 6 years isn’t even going to touch the sides of the gaping hole in our finances and that’s my frustration. £30m in cash paid immediately or even in 2 instalments I’d have been ok with

Apr 9, 2015
40M is a really fair valuation I think. The case is we need some money and the Kulusevski option was an easy oppurtunity to raise some money.
He is an okay-ish player for subtop level clubs like Dortmund, Spurs etc. He could be useful for Juve but will not be a world beater. I agree on this deal.

s4tch

Mar 23, 2015
I see no problem with the deal. Just another tici mess that needed cleaning up
yes, kulu was an other tici mess indeed

but spurs had a fee they agreed on, they obviously have the funds, kulu wanted to stay, we had all the leverage, and still ended up with a lower fee with absolutely ridiculous payment terms. i'm fine with the fact that he's gone and the club will get some actual $$$, and at the same time i'm pretty disappointed with this deal because of the money the club gave up on. jj isn't swimming in cash, i don't think the club can afford to give up on a penny. manna & co obviously think otherwise

Strickland

May 17, 2019
yes, kulu was an other tici mess indeed

but spurs had a fee they agreed on, they obviously have the funds, kulu wanted to stay, we had all the leverage, and still ended up with a lower fee with absolutely ridiculous payment terms. i'm fine with the fact that he's gone and the club will get some actual $$$, and at the same time i'm pretty disappointed with this deal because of the money the club gave up on. jj isn't swimming in cash, i don't think the club can afford to give up on a penny. manna & co obviously think otherwise
I think the leverage Spurs had, that allowed them to negotiate the discount was Kulu's contract expiring in 24. If they back out of the deal, its a tall order for us to extend or to sell a player thats on his last contract year for 35m+.

Extention shouldve happened in January 2022, a rather standard move in sports, something we've done for far less valuable players and truly amateur from Bini there.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 43)