Dejan Kulusevski (68 Viewers)

Strickland

May 17, 2019
And what about creative attacking players like Kulu, is it not his job to find a way?
They too need to be put in a position to find a way, each to their own strengths. Sure, some of them like Messi are capable of hero-balling their way and getting some goals and assists no matter what, but I dont think that's the definition of a true champion, football is played by 11.

F.e. Pirlo looked washed up in his latter years in Milan, then came to Juve and had something like 15 assists as a regista and played one of the best seasons Ive ever seen a CM play. I dont think he's not a champion because he didnt "find a way" at Milan, do you?

zizinho

Apr 14, 2013
Imo football is a team sport and its true for both coaches and players. Ronaldo isnt less of a champion in CL because he couldnt replicate his success in Madrid with Juve.

Hypothetically, if Conte leaves Spurs after this season, Allegri comes in, Spurs struggle and Kulu struggles as well, I dont think that itd prove much
Are you saying Ronaldo wasn't good at Juve?

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
They too need to be put in a position to find a way, each to their own strengths. Sure, some of them like Messi are capable of hero-balling their way and getting some goals and assists no matter what, but I dont think that's the definition of a true champion, football is played by 11.

F.e. Pirlo looked washed up in his latter years in Milan, then came to Juve and had something like 15 assists as a regista and played one of the best seasons Ive ever seen a CM play. I dont think he's not a champion because he didnt "find a way" at Milan, do you?
Pirlo at Milan? He did win quite a bit there and was one of the best CMs in the world. But that last season of his he had some injuries and then Allegri made a tactical change. Or is this another attempt to 'not mention' Allegri?

Btw I don't expect Kulusevski to be Messi but I think players are also responsible for how they play, it can't just be about taking the plaudits in a winning team, criticism is due also, even if young players get more slack.

Strickland

May 17, 2019
Pirlo at Milan? He did win quite a bit there and was one of the best CMs in the world. But that last season of his he had some injuries and then Allegri made a tactical change. Or is this another attempt to 'not mention' Allegri?

Btw I don't expect Kulusevski to be Messi but I think players are also responsible for how they play, it can't just be about taking the plaudits in a winning team, criticism is due also, even if young players get more slack.
Last season at Milan? Pirlo and Milan itself was on a decline since 2008ish

zizinho

Apr 14, 2013
In Real in CL he established himself as historically the absolute best player in the competition.

In Juve he was okay in CL, good in some ties, not so good in others, great against Atletico
He scored in all ties up until the Porto one, in his last season. Unless you want him to score a hattrick every KO game, which is a ridiculous standard and one he didn't even have in Madrid, I don't think you have a point. The problem was more about that he was the only one scoring, and that we leaked in goals which in our best seasons we maybe wouldn't have

Lion

King of Tuz
Jan 24, 2007
And what about creative attacking players like Kulu, is it not his job to find a way?
i'd like to point out a common theme when kulu had the ball as at juve as a winger was for hi mto reiecve ball out wide on right side, then be surrouned by 3 opposition players and he loses the ball because there was no support. no overlap. this is on coach tactics.

only 1 player in history of world can consistently take on 3 players and get away with it and that was messi.

- - - Updated - - -

Not comparing to Kulu, going after the whole "champions emerge in difficulties" and "champion will find a way" concept, I think its flawed, team has 11 players
messi only scored 11 goals in psg last season, same messi who is la liga all time top goal scorer and arugubaly the greatest of all time.

juvejay: nah bruh he no champion cuz he scored less than immobile in a farmers league

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
i'd like to point out a common theme when kulu had the ball as at juve as a winger was for hi mto reiecve ball out wide on right side, then be surrouned by 3 opposition players and he loses the ball because there was no support. no overlap. this is on coach tactics.

only 1 player in history of world can consistently take on 3 players and get away with it and that was messi.

- - - Updated - - -

messi only scored 11 goals in psg last season, same messi who is la liga all time top goal scorer and arugubaly the greatest of all time.

juvejay: nah bruh he no champion cuz he scored less than immobile in a farmers league
GOAT players have already established their class, they can have bad games or average seasons, especially at the end of their careers.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 66)