Dejan Kulusevski (24 Viewers)

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
Underachieving? Results wise Spurs are definitely punching above their weight

- - - Updated - - -

Id easily take back Bentancur as a filler on the 2.5-3m salary he had here, he's a decent squad player. Wouldnt pay 20m for him though. Would also take back Kulu, he's a beast under Conte.
They are in 4th place? They have placed top 4 majority of the past half dozen years or so. United, Chelsea, Pool all massively underperforming this year, but Spurs being in 4th isn’t really punching above their weight. Their results going back 8 years are 3rd, 2nd, 3rd, 4th, 7th, 7th, 4th. They also spent quite a bit in the summer. Seems like they are right where they should be.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Hist

Founder of Hism
Jan 18, 2009
They are in 4th place? They have placed top 4 majority of the past half dozen years or so. United, Chelsea, Pool all massively underperforming this year, but Spurs being in 4th isn’t really punching above their weight. Their results going back 8 years are 3rd, 2nd, 3rd, 4th, 7th, 7th, 4th. They also spent quite a bit in the summer. Seems like they are right where they should be.
Very fair. Arsenal and Newcastle are overachieving at the moment.

Spurs are where they should be. Clear signs of progress but you get the sense that they’re barely keeping it together and it could fall apart with one or two injuries. They’re in Jihadball wins phase at the moment. The writing is on the wall, if their players get a good rest during the WC and make a couple of reinforcements they can push forward out of it, if they don’t then they’ll crash.

United are doing worse despite no CL and having the much stronger squad and the pull to sign Casemiro level players. Yet they’re in a more positive mood because they know there is still untapped potential and the toxicity culture is being squashed. If they get rid of Ronaldo and sign a striker I’d expect them to get top 4. His drama is the biggest threat at the moment

Strickland

May 17, 2019
Imo in terms of resources top4 in EPL with a big gap behind them is Man City, Man Utd, Chelsea and Pool. Arsenal, Spurs, Newcastle doing better than them and being in top4 is overachieving.

Atalanta have had a lot of good years too in Serie A and still them finishing top4 definitely is overachieving.

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
Imo in terms of resources top4 in EPL with a big gap behind them is Man City, Man Utd, Chelsea and Pool. Arsenal, Spurs, Newcastle doing better than them and being in top4 is overachieving.

Atalanta have had a lot of good years too in Serie A and still them finishing top4 definitely is overachieving.
Spurs and Arsenal have similar resources to Pool and close to Chelsea. Man City and Man U are another ballpark altogether.

At some point it’s no longer overachieving. 8 years later, being a top 4 team in 6 of them means that’s what they have built and that is their current standard. Not really Overachieving at this point.

Strickland

May 17, 2019
Spurs and Arsenal have similar resources to Pool and close to Chelsea. Man City and Man U are another ballpark altogether.

At some point it’s no longer overachieving. 8 years later, being a top 4 team in 6 of them means that’s what they have built and that is their current standard. Not really Overachieving at this point.
Revenue (deloitte):
Pool 550 mEUR
Chelsea 493m
Spurs 403m

Wage bill (capology):
Pool 142 mGBP
Chelsea 170m
Spurs 101m

Imo its not that similar.

Siamak

╭∩╮( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)╭∩╮
Aug 13, 2013
“I am very proud and happy to have received this award,”
“There have been many people who have helped me along the way and it has been hard work, but it is an honour to receive this award.
“The whole year has been absolutely fantastic, actually. I came to Tottenham to get my life back, my hunger back, and my love back after they had flown away.
“I feel that I am getting better and better every day and have incredible fun when I play on the pitch, says Kulusevski.”
“I think I can get much better, I’m on the right track,” he continued.
“I feel like I’m learning new things every day, that the physic is getting much better and that I’m developing my understanding of the game. I feel really good right now, but I want more.”
https://football-italia.net/kulusev...to-get-his-life-and-love-back-after-juventus/

Siamak

╭∩╮( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)╭∩╮
Aug 13, 2013
“The whole year has been absolutely fantastic, actually. I came to Tottenham to get my life back, my hunger back, and my love back after they had flown away."

LOL
I see nothing wrong about what he said. He gets more playing time and has been doing better than he did at juve.

singus

Sep 22, 2020
Happy to see Kulusevski thrive. Juve is a truly toxic environment. Fans covering over the incompetency of this management and coach for years :rofl:
Accepting dinosoccer and abysmal tactics and efforts, "conservation of energy", "Euromax' sides always peak in X'th month" and what other nonsense we have witnessed. As if it was some 4d chess and geniusness. :lol2:

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 24)