Dejan Kulusevski (75 Viewers)

Dostoevsky

Tzu
Administrator
May 27, 2007
It's a risk but it's not desperate.
I'm actually hyped about the transfer. In a sense that I always love when we sign a new guy, especially youth, so I can see them play.

What I'm not saying goes only for Kulusevski but majority of such transfers that clubs make, even us. I'm talking about logic which is quite fragile in my books when I see what we're doing.

- spending big in January (we would have costed less in the summer, but not only that, we'd also see more matches of him)
- guy barely played in Serie A
- we need other areas fixed and this should not be a priority (IMO)

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
I'm actually hyped about the transfer. In a sense that I always love when we sign a new guy, especially youth, so I can see them play.

What I'm not saying goes only for Kulusevski but majority of such transfers that clubs make, even us. I'm talking about logic which is quite fragile in my books when I see what we're doing.

- spending big in January (we would have costed less in the summer, but not only that, we'd also see more matches of him)
I agree about the general transfer policy that we've been witnessing since Tici took over. I don't call it desperate though, I see his moves random with lack of planning.

Last edited:

GrandeGigi

Sep 18, 2012
Not sure how this is a desperation move. Signing Matri in January for whatever price it was, was a desperation move.

Quite excited to see how he develops.
In terms of the team and our scouts, I do question why we have built such a collection of strongly left footed players when over the past 20 years we’ve had so few.

DAiDEViL

Feb 21, 2015
Bad midfield has nothing to do with a great opportunity for a wonderkid that our coach wants right now. Let's just hope we can find an agreement with Parma to bring him this month.
Terms like Wonderkid and Generational Talent get thrown around a bit too often here. He looks decent, but Wonderkid? Come on.

Dostoevsky

Tzu
Administrator
May 27, 2007
Not sure how this is a desperation move. Signing Matri in January for whatever price it was, was a desperation move.

Quite excited to see how he develops.
In terms of the team and our scouts, I do question why we have built such a collection of strongly left footed players when over the past 20 years we’ve had so few.
I was excited for Berna. But it seems we need plenty of Berna's in order to find the Berna so people would say "I told you so".

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
Well at the least it looks like our board has recognized one of our lineups biggest issues and made a heavy long term investment to address that issue.

To me this transfer is directed straight at Bernie. They wanted a capable attacker but with Bernie’s work rate and they got one. Obviously they don’t trust Bernie anymore thank god.

Lastly this tells me Sarri is here to stay. They got him a player that gives him his 4312.

now get a damn midfielder

- - - Updated - - -

Terms like Wonderkid and Generational Talent get thrown around a bit too often here. He looks decent, but Wonderkid? Come on.
Ha - love that term. Rugani was supposed to be one LOK

Boksic

May 11, 2005
Is he our 5th most expensive signing of all time?

Big risk but the potential is clear and he seems to have the attributes which have been a problem for us.

fredrik

Aug 7, 2011
He is. Berardi was also a wonderkid, but he threw his potential away.
Rugani is a wonderkid in the sense that he really should be selling gucci purses instead of playing football

berardi was a wonderkid statpadder and nothing else. Now he lost even that

PhRoZeN

Livin with Mediocre
Mar 29, 2006
Is he our 5th most expensive signing of all time?

Big risk but the potential is clear and he seems to have the attributes which have been a problem for us.
Its crazy isnt it, the type of money an EPL team would pay.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

cimenk

Jul 23, 2008

That's why I hope we bought him to play directly. He is what we need right now.
He can play as trequartista in 4-3-1-2 or even as a winger in 4-3-3 with Douglas Costa on the left. While Douglas Costa and Ramsey still injury prone

pavluska

Apr 25, 2013
Such actions are desperate imo, especially now when those signings are made in January to patch the injuries. Scouts or not, we're talking about the senior level here and this guy barely played, yet his value is 40mln (mostly because clubs can sense how desperate some are so they dictate the price, especially now in January which is the month famous for the ripoffs). Back in 2015 he barely had his penis developed, let alone his footballing skills.

It's a huge risk. Not only that, but our team needs many fixes which makes this signing even more strange. It's not like we're all set and now we can afford to take the gamble and potentially end up with a good player.
I doubt he'll be joining us this month.

I like the club's future orientation. All things are better with long term planning.

- - - Updated - - -

Not desperate at all, it is an opportunity and they took it. I can't stand Tici and Swayze but for this move there is no place for criticism.
I agree about the general transfer policy that we've been witnessing since Tici took over. I don't call it desperate though, I see his move random with lack of planning.
:lol:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 66)