Dejan Kulusevski (19 Viewers)

s4tch

Mar 23, 2015
He played on the opposite wing from Son most of last season. Son had 14 goals-6 assists in what was a relatively meh season for him. Kulu had 2 goals - 8 assists, an appalling season as far as end product goes. Aside from his half-season under Conte, he has had the same problems at Spurs as at Juve. He’s slow and has poor end product.
funny thing is that when kulu arrived to spurs, he looked slow, clumsy and basically the same player than he was at juve. then he just raised his level somehow for a few months, then got back to his usual self. just a speculation: the honeymoon phase with conte can do wonders to players, that's what happened to kulu too. i think he's still pretty useful in finding spaces around/within the box and pl is an excellent league for that, otherwise he's not a world class player by any means. his mentality was questioned by gasp, and now we can have a clue about that too: guy managed to be pretty good for a few months, why is he below that level for the majority of his senior career?

Buy on AliExpress.com

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
if kulu is poor and quoting stats

but fans give chiesa a million chance when his stats are similar to kulu

if kulu is poor ,then fans need to admit that chiesa is too and he is a flop
Loin, my love. I know you are trolling us Juventus cuckaroos, but all the same…

Even with Chiesa underperforming since his return from injury and playing under Max’s jihadi tactics, his attacking output is still better than Kulu’s over the past 18 months.

Kulusevski: 6 goals-9 assists - 3660 minutes = G or A every 244 minutes

Chiesa: 8 goals - 8 assists - 2414 minutes = G or A every 151 minutes

I mean, it’s not even really close, Chiesa’s /minute output is vastly superior.

Lion

King of Tuz
Jan 24, 2007

Even with Chiesa underperforming since his return from injury and playing under Max’s jihadi tactics, his attacking output is still better than Kulu’s over the past 18 months.

i don't doubt that, and agreed he better and superior because he cost 65m vs 35m for kulu.

but i also think that a 65m striker chiesa and a 75m striker dusan and 40m striker kean havings less goals combined (9goals) than 14m borja mayoral (10 goals) is a sign the attack is flopping.

Siamak

╭∩╮( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)╭∩╮
Aug 13, 2013
Comparing Chiesa with kulusevski is like comparing ferrari with Fiat, Even though chiesa has played as sub most often in this season ,creating more chances and scoring and assisting more goals.
2023/24:
Chiesa : Squad: 13, Starting eleven: 11, Substituted in: 2, On the bench: 0, Suspended: 0, Injured: 1 (931')
kulusevski : Squad: 14, Starting eleven: 14, Substituted in: 0, On the bench: 0, Suspended: 0, Injured: 0 (1.225')

Not sure about kulusevski's role and position, guess he would play best as a wide striker. Bit too slow as a pure winger. But i pretty sure chiesa'd do well in any top 4 club in a big league.

campionesidd

Mar 16, 2013

I don’t get it. Shouldn’t jihadi tactics mean all out attacking with no regard for your safety? Or does it refer to the endless assault on your senses.

Lion

King of Tuz
Jan 24, 2007
Comparing Chiesa with kulusevski is like comparing ferrari with Fiat, Even though chiesa has played as sub most often in this season ,creating more chances and scoring and assisting more goals.
2023/24:
Chiesa : Squad: 13, Starting eleven: 11, Substituted in: 2, On the bench: 0, Suspended: 0, Injured: 1 (931')
kulusevski : Squad: 14, Starting eleven: 14, Substituted in: 0, On the bench: 0, Suspended: 0, Injured: 0 (1.225')

Not sure about kulusevski's role and position, guess he would play best as a wide striker. Bit too slow as a pure winger. But i pretty sure chiesa'd do well in any top 4 club in a big league.
when i think of who will decide matches for juve. i don't think vlahovic or kean or chiesa. i think gatti and bremer.

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
No they won't, football moves quickly.

He's hardly setting the world alight with this attacking manager who is a player's coach, who plays him in his preferred position, and he clearly gets on great with, but at least he's happy I guess.

Kulu's problem with Allegri is that he doesn't really use right wingers who cut inside. He wants authentic width so Cuads was the go-to guy or he played Wes (the non-winger he is crying about) with Cuads overlapping. So he tried to move him around all other positions. He did the same with Soulé in his odd games for the same reason.

There's lots of things to blame a coach for but not getting the best out of a player who doesn't really fit his system and isn't particularly great isn't one I would use. Legit criticism would be why doesn't he use Chiesa at RW and persist with Kostic or Iling at LW? Or Yildiz? At this point what is left to lose?

Imagine being so happy to move to Spurs that you cry lol, Allegri really did a number on him.

Last edited:

Sadomin

Apr 5, 2005
No they won't, football moves quickly.

He's hardly setting the world alight with this attacking manager who is a player's coach, who plays him in his preferred position, and he clearly gets on great with, but at least he's happy I guess.

Kulu's problem with Allegri is that he doesn't really use right wingers who cut inside. He wants authentic width so Cuads was the go-to guy or he played Wes (the non-winger he is crying about) with Cuads overlapping. So he tried to move him around all other positions. He did the same with Soulé in his odd games for the same reason.

There's lots of things to blame a coach for but not getting the best out of a player who doesn't really fit his system and isn't particularly great isn't one I would use. Legit crisis would be why doesn't he use Chiesa at RW and persist with Kostic or Iling at LW? Or Yildiz? At this point what is left to lose?

Imagine being so happy to move to Spurs that you cry lol, Allegri really did a number on him.
Why, do you think (apart from when Mandzukic was left winger and needed to feed on crosses from the right)? Because more defenders are right footed and find it easier to defend vs a left footed right winger than vice versa?

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
Why, do you think (apart from when Mandzukic was left winger and needed to feed on crosses from the right)? Because more defenders are right footed and find it easier to defend vs a left footed right winger than vice versa?
Yeah more players are right footed by far and right footers who play on the left cutting inside are very common in modern football. Probably wants width because if both are inverted then it creates congestion.

I think, given the choice, he'd prefer to play 4-3-1-2 but without Pogba or maybe Fagioli he doesn't have a #10, and his best player is a wide attacker/winger. Doesn't explain the lack of using 4-3-3 though other than preference.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 16)