Dean Huijsen (2 Viewers)

Espectro

The Grimreaper
Jul 12, 2002
Huijsen father:

“He’s a central defender and Italy is the best school for him to grow. Juventus in particular"

so... a young dutch defender who choose Juventus because he thinks Italy is the best school... now wheeeeere did I hear that before I wonder?

Buy on AliExpress.com

Siamak

╭∩╮( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)╭∩╮
Aug 13, 2013
#Huijsen to Voetbalzone: "The goal is to find a spot in the first squad next season, or maybe go on loan in a Serie A o B club to play more. #Juve in difficulty outside the field? As players, we don't talk about it at all. Even if I believe it won't change anything. Even if the club gets relegated to Serie B as a possible punishment. Let's assume it actually does, then it could be the perfect occasion for me to integrate the squad and then play in Serie A with #Juventus the year after. Also, in reality I feel really well here. So I believe that it doesn't make sense to change squads."

[@JmedicalParkNews]

DanielSz

Sep 6, 2014
to me there are only 3 CBs on the roster that are locks for next season, and one of them is an aging Bonucci. So there should be space for Huijsen and Ricci. But then theres also De Winter, who is developmentally ahead of those two returning from loan, so there might not be space for both. My guess is one of Ricci/Huijsen gets loaned out and the other gets promoted. Neither has any business with next gen next season.

Knowah

Pool's Closed Due to Aids
Jan 28, 2013
to me there are only 3 CBs on the roster that are locks for next season, and one of them is an aging Bonucci. So there should be space for Huijsen and Ricci. But then theres also De Winter, who is developmentally ahead of those two returning from loan, so there might not be space for both. My guess is one of Ricci/Huijsen gets loaned out and the other gets promoted. Neither has any business with next gen next season.
I think Huijsen would be the one to go out on loan and Ricci would get a chance with the squad.

I could also see, in the horrible circumstance that more punishments come and we get relegated to Serie B that we keep both and just play a long of youngsters. Even youngsters should have us push to promotion and it saves us money. I doubt we get relegated at all but just saying in that extreme situation I could see us leaning heavily on youth for that season.

DanielSz

Sep 6, 2014
I think Huijsen would be the one to go out on loan and Ricci would get a chance with the squad.

I could also see, in the horrible circumstance that more punishments come and we get relegated to Serie B that we keep both and just play a long of youngsters. Even youngsters should have us push to promotion and it saves us money. I doubt we get relegated at all but just saying in that extreme situation I could see us leaning heavily on youth for that season.
they should be leaning on them regardless, at least when it comes to squad players. No reason to be paying backups 5M or whatever when you’ve got as good of a youth sector as Juve do right now.

Knowah

Pool's Closed Due to Aids
Jan 28, 2013
they should be leaning on them regardless, at least when it comes to squad players. No reason to be paying backups 5M or whatever when you’ve got as good of a youth sector as Juve do right now.
Yes and no.

Some young players I would argue unless they show amazing abilities will be better served getting regular playing time. For example, is Barrenechea talent-wise better than getting some 30 year old bum? Yes, I would say probably he is just as serviceable as a 5th or 6th CM. Same for Ricci. Do I think he could be equal in talent compared to some bum 5th or 6th CB? Yes, I would say it is probable.

BUT

Is that the right call forf Barrenechea or Ricci to ask them to simply train with the squad and expect less than 1 start a month and substitution minutes irregularly? Is that what's best for their development if we truly want them to become effective players? I would argue no. I want them to be somewhere starting 30-40 matches near the bottom of Serie A clawing and fighting against relegation and getting all of the pressure and experience that comes with that.

I think some players we should lean on but we cannot hope to lean on a lot of them at once or else we stunt THEIR development.

- - - Updated - - -

We're seeing the development side of Juventus start to produce some real talents and prospects and I'd hate to see that light at the end of the tunnel and let it blind us into stunting the development of young players by selfishly keeping too many to fill out the backend of our squad and thus deprive them of NEEDED development time and minutes.

DanielSz

Sep 6, 2014
Barca tried to get him and FAILED. Renewal announcement on his birthday. First team next season a possibility. (I thought he was the only good player yesterday, and has been pretty consistent with next gen)

Siamak

╭∩╮( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)╭∩╮
Aug 13, 2013
Huijsen will turn 18 on Friday. There’s a gift ready: Juventus are announcing his contract extension. He could be included in the squad list for the pre-season with the first team this summer [Romeo Agresti]

Espectro

The Grimreaper
Jul 12, 2002
I find funny that Agresti says that... I mean dont get me wrong, I want the kid to be part of the team but at the end of the day, the two people who will decide if that happends and if he takes part of the tour ar the sporting director and the manager... both wich we dont have at the moment (Allegri been fired)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)