De Telegraaf: Germany - Czech Republic was fixed (1 Viewer)

Jan 24, 2004
Reuters
06/24/2004 11:00 CET
source: www.reuters.com/sports

Euro 2004 bogs down in collusives behaviours

One day after drop out of Italy and corresponding rumours about conspiracy unfair agreements could be held between national soccer organizations.
As the Dutch newspaper De Telegraaf reported this time Holland, Germany and Czech Republic were involved. To ensure the get on of Holland the KNV (Dutch FA) pulled out all stops. After confrontated with reprovals the KNV-president admitted: "Yes, there were discussions between the three soccer associations. But I don't want to elaborate." Only De Telegraaf known sources say that Germany got € 5 billion and for covering the story Czech Republic recieved € 2 billion. Moreover KNV promised Rudi Völler that Van Nistelrooy is going to play for Germany at WC 2006.

Following some statemenst to that shocking affair:

Edgar Davids: "Well, that is everyday business in soccer. It's a pity that it went into public."

Pavel Nedved: "I had known that Holland bought Germany and so I asked Karel Brückner to place me at the bench. I don't want to be involved in such a mess."

Rudi Völler: "I'd like to go further in tournament but the promise of having Van Nistelrooy by 2006 was very tempting. But now, I regret it a bit."

Hans Eichel (German Finance Minister): "We'll use the money to fill up our holes in the budget."

Gerhard Schröder (German Federal Chancellor): "no comment. Ask the Italians."

Franz "Emporer" Beckenbauer: "We made the best out of the situation. Where can I find wheat beer - my alcohol level is sinking!"

Van de Krasokopn DCU (Dutch Cheese Union) to the reprovals that KNV donates 2 kilo cheese for every German player: "Ehh, ... well...we have got order to send 2 kilo to every German player but I won't tell you who the sponsor is."

Michael Ballack: "It was quite hard to train post-shooting. But we managed it and that's why I'm very proud of us."

Oliver Kahn to the reprovals that he gave a pass to Baros: "That it absolutely right. He (Baros) phoned my before the game and assured that this pass would be part of the deal."

Kevin Kuranyi: "We could easily score more goals but after 20 minutes Rudi piped for three times - the sign that the deal was perfect. So my job was to fail in every situation and ... (press officer interrupts and announces "Mr. Kuranyi doesn't know what he is talking about. He had temperature this morning - no further comments")

Please phone 1575-34-EURO and name your subscirber ID to get more details.
REUTERS SPORTS

Buy on AliExpress.com

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
Well..that wasn't really funny, except for Nedved. That would probably really be his reaction!

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
Though one does have to admit Holland got a rather strange penalty and their second goal was offside. And the Czech goalie seemed to be able to just push a German down and get away with it. But considering no one wants to see either team through it must have been human incompetence.

Torkel

f(s+1)=3((s +1)-1=3s
Jul 12, 2002
++ [ originally posted by AndriesGobert ] ++
Though one does have to admit Holland got a rather strange penalty and their second goal was offside. And the Czech goalie seemed to be able to just push a German down and get away with it. But considering no one wants to see either team through it must have been human incompetence.
:D

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
Yeah yeah of course, I don't care about beautiful players seeing I'm a guy, but hideousness is there to be noticed!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)