Davids still on the run (1 Viewer)

Martin

Dec 31, 2000
Davids sparks bidding war
Tuesday 25 May, 2004

Edgar Davids has decided not to make his loan spell with Barca permanent, sparking a bidding war between Inter, Real Madrid and Manchester United.

The Dutchman moved to the Nou Camp in January for the final six months of his contract with Juventus, but has broken off negotiations for a new deal.

“We have no agreement with Barcelona,” announced representative Robert Geerlings. “Their offer does not interest us and we do not have any other meetings with them planned.”

It was strongly claimed in the Italian and Spanish press that the reason behind this split was an agreement with Inter.

There were even reports that the 31-year-old and his agent were already in Milan to discuss the final details of a three-year contract worth £2.4m a season.

However, this evening there are new suggestions that Davids is courted by Europe’s biggest clubs, including Real Madrid and Manchester United.

The fact that the former Juventus and Ajax hero is a free agent makes him a very appetising prospect on the transfer market.

“We have some very intriguing offers on the table from English clubs,” added Geerlings.

===

I really don't get why he wouldn't sign for Barcelona, he's been such a revelation for them and they have a promising future. Unless he really wants back to Serie A.

Buy on AliExpress.com
OP
Martin

Martin

Dec 31, 2000
  • Thread Starter #9
    ++ [ originally posted by Pendir_E65 ] ++
    Being a free agent is great, isnt it?
    Unless you end up playing in your yard because noone wants to throw that money at you ;)

Ask Rivaldo :howler:

swag

L'autista
    Administrator
    Sep 23, 2003
    ++ [ originally posted by Don Bes ] ++
    why is he being a *****
    I've defended Moggi and crew for letting go of Davids since the beginning of the year for the very reasons we're really starting to see now that the summer transfer window is approaching.

Good for him if he gets that kind of money in a bidding war. But Juve has to move on and think about the future, not the past.

Dragon

Apr 24, 2003
    Whoa, if I was a Real Madrid fan and a player from Barca came I wouldnt really like him

Although Davids would be very useful to Madrid.

If Davids goes to Madrid then I dont wanna know anything else about him

gray

Apr 22, 2003
    ++ [ originally posted by fabiana ] ++
    Whoa, if I was a Real Madrid fan and a player from Barca came I wouldnt really like him
    Yeah, the Real Madrid fans hate players who come from Barca, right? I mean look at the way Figo is so unwelcome there :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)